A.P.B.T....

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

most do it ? that and sheep ? 

Gooey, I'm convinced, and a tad concerned, to be honest, that you have developed some sort of mental problem over the hundreds of posts you put up on here.

Almost every one of your posts, for many many months now, have that crying your eyes out with laughter emoji, at the beginning, mid, and end, of everything you write!!

Bizaar.

What's up, Gooey, you know you can talk to us, we're all friends on here.  Be good to get things off your chest.  ??

Edited by shaaark
18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont think they paid a lot of attention to size back then mate....gameness came first and nothing else really mattered....besides which the dog is going against a dog its own size anyway but a 20" 45 lb dog is plenty big enough to keep active.

Bird are you aware of some sort of Staffordshire Bull Terrier museum up the black country somewhere.....a few folk have told me about it i just wondered whether its worth a quick visit next time im up that way.

Didn't know that gnash, I from w-ton, and Walsall, bred simlar type staffs, that were quite leggy 15 - 19in 30lb-50lb. Where as  right in the black country = Tipton,  Cradley heath, Gornal   etc, they bred more  smaller, stocky type l staff. 14 - 16 in 30lb- 45lb dog. Prob both types went over to America, out crossed to other dogs they used over there, alot  of people think they used a  sent hound=  black mouth, type dogs, to get more height, and stamina etc. The Yanks always  denied this, saying the apbt pure breed, yeh it is, but it wasn't to begin with, as staffs, and there hounds, created the breed we know of today. I  try see if can find that staffordshire bull terrier museum place, I am by Hereford now, left wolves 10 year ago, but I always be a wolves bloke. ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

I could tell ye a few blunders,...one concerning ratchet grabbing a bull that wandered into a wood I walked.....I'm just healing mentally .....15 years later

I couldnt be arsed with the greif any more.About turns every time a dog appears over the horizon and heart in your moth if one appears from around a corner.Mad thing is that the totally sensible,stable bitch I had a pedigree that was full of dogs that were known to be headcases wheras the little psycho was from a line of dogs that were very well balance in fact his mother and his grandfather who was a ch  could be trusted around most dogs when not at their work.He just wanted to kill everything on slightly from day 1

• Like 1
5 hours ago, YOKEL said:

Never knew his breeding unfortunately. The story behind him, from memory was this...

The litter was bred by a fella in London, the fella was raided and banged up for something or other and the sire and dam and pups were taken to Battersea dogs home. Battersea had a policy not to re-home a.p.b.t's at the time and the sire and dam were destroyed. The pups were due the same fate I believe, but due to a contact at Battersea, a hippy dippy animal rescue shelter not far from me took on the litter and put them up for rehoming....this dog cost the princely sum of £25! Two of the litter mates were close to me also, his brother "bill" and a bitch "dusty". They all looked like peas in a pod, same colour and almost identical markings. And all were up on their toes once they hit a certain age....

Yokel

Didnt think it was a Reid dog i cant ever remember seeing a black and white one and most had that distinctive type shovel head the Skipper dogs anyway.

Cracking little story that just shows good dogs are where you find them.

4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Been reading some old match reports about a bitch called Myra that was some game animal according to the match reports. Like I said in the previous posts the breed has always fascinated me after seeing the first one's in 1981 .

Myra was some bitch mate i was around most of them old Neilson dogs as a young man they taught many of us a lot about bulldogs...breeding wise they were mostly outcrossed off inbred lines Myra as i remember was inbred Nelis on top and inbred Capone on bottom....plenty were manny and not too pleasant to be around at times but learning about conditioning from dogs like Myra was a privilege she was one of those dogs that could just breathe under water,a dream to shape up.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2