A.P.B.T....

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

Regards bulldogs and horses a well known dog back years ago owned by an old pal of mine was on the front of the local paper after his bulldog attacked a police horse outside Tottenhams ground....what possibly made him think taking a performance bred bulldog to a football match was a good idea god only knows !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 6
36 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

A lad a the back of me kept apbt and use to condition them for others  if that's the right word what I always found it interesting were his methods and thinking behind each dog as he changed the programme according to what dog he had on 

I used to know a person like you described. Only for a few years and he was a friend of a friend, we lived in different worlds. The dogs that he kept himself were working Lakeland types. He did not hunt with them just liked the type. He used to clean up at at shows, his terriers did so much as glow with health they almost had a halo of light around them. 

• Like 1

My ratchet had it out with a bull in the woods,back and fourth the battle went,...(while I hid behind a tree)...after a long time the bull was bate the dog was bollixed,the bull dug furrows with him,...I ran in shaking , breaking stick in hand and separated the dog,....not long after the dogs kidneys packed in,and he had to be pts.,.I'm still recovering from that too

• Sad 2

As an aside (inverted sub question inbound ) would any of you lads say that the keep of the bulldogs raised the game and is the ancestor of todays high performance dog sports ? 

as in reality , until the 90s lurcher lads were f***ing clueless with regards to nutrition, feeds etc , 

Did the owning and the keeps placed on bulldogs inspire the magnificently kept animals from through coursings hey day in the 90s /00s to even the instagram friendly canines of todays world ?? 

17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Regards bulldogs and horses a well known dog back years ago owned by an old pal of mine was on the front of the local paper after his bulldog attacked a police horse outside Tottenhams ground....what possibly made him think taking a performance bred bulldog to a football match was a good idea god only knows !

I read about that i thought he was a local at the time

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

As an aside (inverted sub question inbound ) would any of you lads say that the keep of the bulldogs raised the game and is the ancestor of todays high performance dog sports ? 

as in reality , until the 90s lurcher lads were f***ing clueless with regards to nutrition, feeds etc , 

Did the owning and the keeps placed on bulldogs inspire the magnificently kept animals from through coursings hey day in the 90s /00s to even the instagram friendly canines of todays world ?? 

I dont know enough about the coursing world compared to bulldogs but id say its irrelevant....peaking a bulldog is just nothing like peaking a running dog it would be like comparing the way a boxer trains for a fight and a marathon runner trains for a race.....after i stopped keeping bulldogs years ago i had a couple of Greyhounds with a top trainer....more often than not it was him asking me the questions !.......im sure it helped in terms of very basic stuff as anyone had access to people like Fat Bills keeps but most of that was just basic common sense and very few people were messing with juice back then....i still keep an eye on certain bulldogs in Europe and the top competitors are on another level these days id be very surprised if coursing dogs went to the same levels,blood testing throughout a keep and suchlike.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Gooey, I'm convinced, and a tad concerned, to be honest, that you have developed some sort of mental problem over the hundreds of posts you put up on here.

Almost every one of your posts, for many many months now, have that crying your eyes out with laughter emoji, at the beginning, mid, and end, of everything you write!!

Bizaar.

What's up, Gooey, you know you can talk to us, we're all friends on here.  Be good to get things off your chest.  ??

i find it funny on here shaark some characters i’m always laughing 

50 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Are there better more capable animals now than there was pre 90s? 

I think running dog fitness and nutrition progressed on its own accord in tandem with greyhound and whippet racing which all have their own obsessed and dedicated fanciers. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

until the 90s lads were clueless ? 

nutrition feed etc ? a healthy mutt is just that all the supplements steroids etc that started in the 90s was dogshit ? 

lads didn’t have out  and out killers in the 70s stiff ? 

you think matching started in the 90s 

Edited by mC HULL
9 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Are there better more capable animals now than there was pre 90s? 

I think running dog fitness and nutrition progressed on its own accord in tandem with greyhound and whippet racing which all have their own obsessed and dedicated fanciers. 

no chance mate 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

nutrition feed etc ? a healthy mutt is just that all the supplements steroids etc that started in the 90s was dogshit ? 

Yeah it was the steroids that were shit......not the people administering them ?

Im not going to get into a debate about coursing as it isnt my thing.....but if you're serious then thats a very naive comment mate.

• Like 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Yeah it was the steroids that were shit......not the people administering them ?

Im not going to get into a debate about coursing as it isnt my thing.....but if you're serious then thats a very naive comment mate.

what i’m saying is men in the 70s who’s blood everyone got in the 90s we’re killing most likely more without the need of supplements and steroids 

all a good dog needs is feeding excercise and rest if you need supplements adding to food your not feeding it well enough