A.P.B.T....

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

until the 90s lads were clueless ? 

nutrition feed etc ? a healthy mutt is just that all the supplements steroids etc that started in the 90s was dogshit ? 

lads didn’t have out  and out killers in the 70s stiff ? 

you think matching started in the 90s 

You misunderstand me . 

but in order to keep the thread on track I’ll be brief . 

I’m not in about the dogs more the conditioning and general better upkeep of them. Let’s be honest , prior to the 90s the majority of lurcher as were kept like any other working breed, and poor as rooks in the main . 

I get the kept like greyhounds but no one had treadmills , boxes , or trotted the dogs like tat era onwards . 

I never said no one matched , again read the post . And I didn’t say no one had harekillers . But to compare the dogs prior is kinda laughable . 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what i’m saying is men in the 70s who’s blood everyone got in the 90s we’re killing most likely more without the need of supplements and steroids 

all a good dog needs is feeding excercise and rest if you need supplements adding to food your not feeding it well enough 

Theres a reason professional athletes do their very utmost to avoid detection from peds in sport .....if you seriously think that doesnt apply to dogs then with all due respect you need to up your game mate.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You misunderstand me . 

but in order to keep the thread on track I’ll be brief . 

I’m not in about the dogs more the conditioning and general better upkeep of them. Let’s be honest , prior to the 90s the majority of lurcher as were kept like any other working breed, and poor as rooks in the main . 

I get the kept like greyhounds but no one had treadmills , boxes , or trotted the dogs like tat era onwards . 

I never said no one matched , again read the post . And I didn’t say no one had harekillers . But to compare the dogs prior is kinda laughable . 

lol kinda laughable ye mate 

men like russ rowley john davis geoff smith ivor lee joe wiltshire and stacks more didn’t have dogs that would of been on par and beaten 90s dogs lol

17 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

even bulldogs not my thing but as don mayfield said i was the first to use steroids and the first to stop using em 

Don was the greatest conditioner of his time....he conditioned dogs naturally and was big on raising and conditioning dogs close to nature....but having matched his first dog in 59 and his last in 79 very little information was available to him re juice....although he dabbled with them late on he knew next to nothing about steroids.....as very few people did back then.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Theres a reason professional athletes do their very utmost to avoid detection from peds in sport .....if you seriously think that doesnt apply to dogs then with all due respect you need to up your game mate.

i don’t need peds for me dogs mate id jack if i had to do that

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t need peds for me dogs mate id jack if i had to do that

Very admirable and again i dont know the game well enough to criticise your stance.

All i'll say to emphasise my point is the age old saying......" The reason nice guys finish last is because they're holding the door for everyone else "

To pretend steroids dont help is just naive.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Very admirable and again i dont know the game well enough to criticise your stance.

All i'll say to emphasise my point is the age old saying......" The reason nice guys finish last is because they're holding the door for everyone else "

To pretend steroids dont help is just naive.

what advantage can they give a runner mate ? they make them abit radged up from what i’ve seen 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Gnash did you ever know a paki that was real good at conditioning bulls, think his name began with a P, heard a few of my elder relatives who kept a bull or 2 blow smoke up the man’s arse haha wasn’t till years later ( only about 10/15 ago) I found out he was well known an they wasn’t blowing smoke up his arse, the man had earned his stripes an knew his shit

might have never heard of him lol just come to me when I was reading this thread about conditioning back in the day ?

Yes mate surname started with A.....he was from my neck of the woods he wasnt a conditioner as such a lot of his dogs were shaped up by the same person....but yes the paki was generally acknowledged as the best handler of competition bulldogs in the country.....your people were not blowing smoke up his arse at all he was the best in the game and the " man to beat " as such....i always describe him as a Steve Irwin type he just had an uncanny bond with dogs and an ability to get in a dogs mind he could literally talk a dog out of quitting anybody would tell you whether you love or loathe the sport he was impressive to watch work.

• Like 8
27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what advantage can they give a runner mate ? they make them abit radged up from what i’ve seen 

Where do you want to start mate ?.....different juice for different jobs its not a one size fits all but if done correctly you cannot fail to end up with the age old adage of basic " Fitter/Faster/Stronger "

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Been used in greyhounds as long as they've been available for humans, same with horses and no doubt in pitbulls as well. 

i can see we’re they would work in greyhounds mate you want explosive power over a short distance mate 

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye he was well thought of up our way for sure, it’s a name that always stuck with me an then a good few years back I started chatting with another lad from your wayish as we chatted bullx lurchers an the name come up, I couldn’t belive it so I asked an that lad said similar to you, bet that man could have told  a tale or 2 ?

He had some unfortunate troubles when he came out the dogs and lost some years but he definitely had that game cracked he just seemed to know things about dogs that nobody else knew.....i always said had it been legal he would of been a wealthy chap.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Where do you want to start mate ?.....different juice for different jobs its not a one size fits all but if done correctly you cannot fail to end up with the age old adage of basic " Fitter/Faster/Stronger "

an hare coursing dog needs speed stamina and to be agile mate 

when i’ve seen them in gear they have abit a radgness about em i like that but mine normally have it anyway ? as me pals say it’s half feral that  ? 

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

an hare coursing dog needs speed stamina and to be agile mate 

when i’ve seen them in gear they have abit a radgness about em i like that but mine normally have it anyway ? as me pals say it’s half feral that  ? 

Again.....steroids themself dont create winners the person administering them does....you can just as easily ruin a dog with them.....without wanting to blow my own horn i was one of the first people to do dogs on shots through a keep years ago as i had a lot of knowledge of them and for those who's dogs i shaped up their records spoke for themself....the downside was it made a lot of the dogs infertile and so you dont get to reproduce exceptional dogs......but done properly you are just going to get more of everything mate thats just a given.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4