What job.

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Been saying same for past fcuk knows how long now mate, sad as fcuk ☹️

One lad never had a chance in life family wise was in care all his life worked first year was brilliant his outlook on life was remarkable coukd sell sand to the Arabs I bought a window round for a whack of cash and he went out in three days knocking doors to prove to me he could do it and got me more customers than I bought then these no win no fee solicitors came along told him he could claim for tens of thousands within three months he had laid it on so thick like they told him to to he believed half the shit himself he made up 2 years down the line no money hadn’t worked with me for a year and with a 8 year old daughter he took a header of a bridge 

That was going of topic but I’ve went through the ringer with young lads I only have 30+ now and prefer if they’ve kids and responsibilities my best pals son came out with me for a morning and washed his hands under the water tap every time they got dirty and without going over the top that was ten times plus 

and they walk so slowly I just want to throttle them 

• Like 2

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

I had no time for them and their 'confrences'.  You could never reach them on their radios and their mobiles were always turned off. One night we had a burglary at a shop and couldn't get any CID so I phoned the DCI at home at daft o'clock and asked him if he could nominate someone to come out as we couldn't contact the detective who wss supposed to be available. Ten minutes later the missing detective phoned in. He was in Wakefield on 'enquiries' and was heading back asap. He was shagging more like. 

I often wonder if he was a bent copper as even now he's retired he drinks in a rough pub in Masbro Rotherham that's got a few undesirables as regulars. 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I agree with what you are saying though I believe anyone who is prepared to do a day's graft wether they are thick as two short planks or a mensa candidate deserve respect to be known as a grafter years ago was a badge of honour now days I very rarely here it mentioned about some one. 

Yes , of course people who graft deserve every respect.....not everyone is a Hawkins or an Einstein !

Its people who work hard or try to educate themselves that deserve the plaudits......not those that wallow in self pity and blame everyone for their predicament.

Of course there are people in society that need help, and we should never forget them , but it's the people who won't help themselves, not those that can't help themselves, that need to look in the mirror ?

Cheers.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

I had no time for them and their 'confrences'.  You could never reach them on their radios and their mobiles were always turned off. One night we had a burglary at a shop and couldn't get any CID so I phoned the DCI at home at daft o'clock and asked him if he could nominate someone to come out as we couldn't contact the detective who wss supposed to be available. Ten minutes later the missing detective phoned in. He was in Wakefield on 'enquiries' and was heading back asap. He was shagging more like. 

There was a copper round high green shaggin smack heads male and female  allegedly 

17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Nobody respects a a grafter anymore as it’s usually the poor cnut doin most the graft that’s on min wage, an that’s beneath even dole bums These days 

On the plus side if you're a grafter , employers would be mad to let them go or not give them a fair wage, some lazy buggers on with me on decent money I'd swap them for a grafter in a breath if it was my decision, I'm only subby on job so they think I'm earning mega even though digs and food is £1200 a month , they leave me crack on but I wouldn't employ them myself , even apprentice is on phone most of day. Think when the pressure and inflation kick in some wheat will be sorted from chaff....companies trying to employ kids to teach kids never gonna work...plus a lot of companies don't give power to gaffers to hire and fire..

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

? bet you were always round foster way 

No idea where that is. We sold our house in Barnsley in Nov 2011 just after I had retired. We didn't want to move to France until afte the winter so my wife's bosses let us have the flat above the vets until we got sorted. Free of charge, no heating costs.

I moved out in early Feb, drove 14 hours through the snow to get to the rented cottage we were moving to 750 miles away. It was -25C when I got there. The cottage had no wood in the store and just two small electric heaters. It never got above -8C for a fortnight. The water was frozen, the gas bottle was frozen and the log burner was 4kw for a two bedroom cottage. 

I have fond memories of High Green.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

No idea where that is. We sold our house in Barnsley in Nov 2011 just after I had retired. We didn't want to move to France until afte the winter so my wife's bosses let us have the flat above the vets until we got sorted. Free of charge, no heating costs.

I moved out in early Feb, drove 14 hours through the snow to get to the rented cottage we were moving to 750 miles away. It was -25C when I got there. The cottage had no wood in the store and just two small electric heaters. It never got above -8C for a fortnight. The water was frozen, the gas bottle was frozen and the log burner was 4kw for a two bedroom cottage. 

I have fond memories of High Green.

Grew up in high green it was good cold winters boiling summers loved it

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Education is the only answer.

The more educated you are, the farther you'll go.

Yes, of course there is nepotism, yes of course there's "who you know" !

But if you are ignorant you'll get no where, and be used by people with more education.

Learning to read and write is the absolute basic, and, sadly, far too many don't even reach that standard.

Dont be part of the "poor me, everyone else is to blame" underclass......strive for better ?

Cheers.

Bang on Charts! ??

I think I’d like to have the skill and talent to do something artistic…..write I suppose would be my ideal.

Something that gave me time to go around looking at beautiful things, something nice and meaningful that nourished something more than just my pocket.

I marvel when I read someone like Tolkien or Bates……to create worlds like that out of your head and paint them so vividly in prose on a piece of paper……that has real merit and soul and talent 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think I’d like to have the skill and talent to do something artistic…..write I suppose would be my ideal.

Something that gave me time to go around looking at beautiful things, something nice and meaningful that nourished something more than just my pocket.

I marvel when I read someone like Tolkien or Bates……to create worlds like that out of your head and paint them so vividly in prose on a piece of paper……that has real merit and soul and talent 

i recon anything that anyone is truly great at and memorably passionate about can be considered artistic in a sense.
Doesn’t have to be words  or paint on a page imo ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, WILF said:

Edited by eastcoast