What job.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

I’m at the place now that I’ve worked hard to achieve all my days. 

working for myself with no one to answer to and no one to rely on. In a sector I’m both overqualified, over experienced and more than capable of carrying out without hassle, stress or worry. 

Financially more than stable always with no ambition of ever being top of the ladder. and content with what I have and can obtain. 

Ability to make time, any time, for family and sport when i chose to. 

I realised very early on in life that when it comes to money, the more you have, the more you spend and ultimately the more you want which imo = a lifetime of unhappiness and discontent.
That combined with the constant mental torture social media and pressure modern society pushes on the youth is the primary cause of the drug & depression epidemic we have in western society. 

be happy with what you have in life, and don’t concern yourself with what you have not. 

just my opinion though ?

all that being said if I could do it again shooting feral pigs out a chopper In Texas sounds a decent number ?

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

But that is not a job is it, in the context of this thread? If you want to write, write. Are we discussing earning a living or living a life?

Erotic literature for middle-aged housewives is where its at ? I met a bloke ages ago, used to do the artwork for his wife's book covers, he studied graphic design at Uni, his wife employed him.Her first book took two years to write and was rejected by the publishers she submitted it took, now she writes a book in 3 months and has a literary agent. She writes Mills and boon type stuff but a bit more steamy ?

Once their kids have left uni their plan is to travel the world as digital nomads. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Bang on Charts! ??

I would say your right to a degree charts. But can’t help thinking all these uni popping up are a money making extraganza. A lot of them come out in debt and get a shit job.  No education don’t mean your going to be poor, some of the poorest kid’s  have earned good money, they are eager to improve thier  lifestyle. Taking risks due to be uneducated often makes people rich, luck as well.I can’t use the computers, phones, online banking , even begin to understand my accountant but I’ve worked relentlessly to get we’re I am . Been a fuking slog but I’m getting fed up of it now, need to slow up.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Education is the only answer.

The more educated you are, the farther you'll go.

Yes, of course there is nepotism, yes of course there's "who you know" !

But if you are ignorant you'll get no where, and be used by people with more education.

Learning to read and write is the absolute basic, and, sadly, far too many don't even reach that standard.

Dont be part of the "poor me, everyone else is to blame" underclass......strive for better ?

Cheers.

I was suspended from school 3!times and finally expelled at 15 without a single educational qualification to my name. Also left home at the same age. Ive raised 4 kids and I’ve never claimed a penny off the state. I’ve done ok …

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I honestly think Charts is speaking from a better age in time when education and how well you adapted to it set you up for life . Me I have always struggled with education hence the reason I have never amounted to much to be honest I don't blame the system or anyone else it's just the way it is for some folk.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, socks said:

I was suspended from school 3!times and finally expelled at 15 without a single educational qualification to my name. Also left home at the same age. Ive raised 4 kids and I’ve never claimed a penny off the state. I’ve done ok …

Ken, I'm talking about people who are functionally illiterate, adults who cant read or write.

I did a three month pro bono stint teaching benefit applicants how to set up an email account and construct a c.v. when the dole offices closed and went on line. 

I was both supprised and appalled at how many 30/40/50 year olds couldn't read or write.

You must have took the opportunity to advance your education in the army to reach the level you did, and as well as formal education, you must have gained "life experience and education" on your travels.

There's far to many in this supposedly first world country that have neither formal education and/or life experience and are sadly being left behind ?

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, socks said:

Times have changed, all due respect when you left school it was a lot easier to find work for kids who’d just left

• Like 1

All you need to do is support what you have .don’t expect the gov to support you especially when your able to work. That pisses me off the most all these benefit cheats . Your man behind the jump at greggs prob got 10 times the intelligence of me but I’m not the one on a tenner an hour.

Edited by Qbgrey
11 hours ago, socks said:

10 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I honestly think Charts is speaking from a better age in time when education and how well you adapted to it set you up for life . Me I have always struggled with education hence the reason I have never amounted to much to be honest I don't blame the system or anyone else it's just the way it is for some folk.

I’m guessing charts isnt really talking just about formal education ?

I think there are loads of ways to keep educating yourself, moving forward, progressing and we should…..there’s no glory in being one of these professional divs at 30,40, 50 years old…….and I think that’s what he is getting at.

It seems like plenty of lads on here have a decent grasp of thinking about things and language and what’s happening in the world.

They can type which I’m guessing like myself is self taught, they can plan jobs and do invoices and come up with ideas.

Thats all education.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Ken, I'm talking about people who are functionally illiterate, adults who cant read or write.

I did a three month pro bono stint teaching benefit applicants how to set up an email account and construct a c.v. when the dole offices closed and went on line. 

I was both supprised and appalled at how many 30/40/50 year olds couldn't read or write.

You must have took the opportunity to advance your education in the army to reach the level you did, and as well as formal education, you must have gained "life experience and education" on your travels.

There's far to many in this supposedly first world country that have neither formal education and/or life experience and are sadly being left behind ?

Cheers.

Whoops, just seen this ! Lol 

• Haha 1