What job.

10 hours ago, eastcoast said:

A job defines that you are doing something that if you had a choice that you would not be doing? Am I missing something here?

Yes, I think you are, I have pretty much always done a “job” that I wanted to do…..if I didn’t want to do something I just stopped and did something else…..or even if something else took my fancy I’d stop and do that. 

• Like 1

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup money

That’s what our generation is all about mate, I was no different, I loved the buzz of a pound note.

But I have to be honest and say that I tell my kids something different, I tell them to be happy first…..if you ain’t happy don’t do it or even it’s worth earning less to be happy…..either way it amounts to the same thing.

I used to chase every penny, but I found out that 50% of my business was a 100% of my grief so I stopped and just did the 50% that made me happy…..

Id also say (and this is just my humble opinion) that they changed the rules on us since we left school, now it seems the better you do the more they hurt you…..so I tell my kids just don’t play that game, be happy first and that’s all you need to do. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

One lad never had a chance in life family wise was in care all his life worked first year was brilliant his outlook on life was remarkable coukd sell sand to the Arabs I bought a window round for a whack of cash and he went out in three days knocking doors to prove to me he could do it and got me more customers than I bought then these no win no fee solicitors came along told him he could claim for tens of thousands within three months he had laid it on so thick like they told him to to he believed half the shit himself he made up 2 years down the line no money hadn’t worked with me for a year and with a 8 year old daughter he took a header of a bridge 

That was going of topic but I’ve went through the ringer with young lads I only have 30+ now and prefer if they’ve kids and responsibilities my best pals son came out with me for a morning and washed his hands under the water tap every time they got dirty and without going over the top that was ten times plus 

and they walk so slowly I just want to throttle them 

Its the slow walking that does my head in as well, I'd love to boot the lazy cnuts in the balls every time I walk past them, they don't walk so slow at quiting time. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Its the slow walking that does my head in as well, I'd love to boot the lazy cnuts in the balls every time I walk past them, they don't walk so slow at quiting time. 

I just used to f**k them off, I figured if I had to work another 8 hours without them I’d earn their money too and not have the stress of getting wound up about them…..one prick will ruin a whole crew, get them gone lively whenever you spot them.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I ain’t got one qualification of exam results, I honestly to goodness don’t even have a cv ?

I've never got a job I've sent a c.v to .. 

12 minutes ago, WILF said:

I just used to f**k them off, I figured if I had to work another 8 hours without them I’d earn their money too and not have the stress of getting wound up about them…..one prick will ruin a whole crew, get them gone lively whenever you spot them.

Lucky for them I don't pay their wages because they wouldn't of lasted till lunch time on their first day. 

• Haha 1

I've told this story before, but anyway;

A young lad at the Allotments came to see me and said he had been called in to the dole for an interview and to bring his c.v. with him, so it could be put on file.

He didn't know what a c.v. was, so I explained it to him.

I said to tell them he didn't know what a c.v. was but he'd looked into it and I was going to help him construct one and we would email it to them.

They weren't interested and sanctioned him and stopped his money for a month.

Shithouses, jobsworth, box ticking shithouses.......

Cheers.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I’m guessing charts isnt really talking just about formal education ?

I think there are loads of ways to keep educating yourself, moving forward, progressing and we should…..there’s no glory in being one of these professional divs at 30,40, 50 years old…….and I think that’s what he is getting at.

It seems like plenty of lads on here have a decent grasp of thinking about things and language and what’s happening in the world.

They can type which I’m guessing like myself is self taught, they can plan jobs and do invoices and come up with ideas.

Thats all education.

That's certainly how I read it... other than Born I guess there aren't many uni graduates on here, but quite a few do very well for themselves as they are educated in their field, keen to learn and expand and have the hard graft ethos to back it up...  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I ain’t got one qualification of exam results, I honestly to goodness don’t even have a cv ?

Same as that mate never been a problem, last 10 year has got a bit harder with the lack of cash about but still never had a problem finding work and if no one would employ me I have set up my own company and employed myself ??

• Like 2

It’s difficult because a less stressful job with lower wages may not be the way forward because when your bills are paid and you have nt got any money left at end of month for a nice meal out with the family or a night at pub with the mrs( that’s a mortgage nowadays) then I think that would be very depressing. We have friends who bring packed lunch out to a park or something because they haven’t got any extra cash so look for free activities,that’s great but they tell me they worry and often argue about finances 

23 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

It’s difficult because a less stressful job with lower wages may not be the way forward because when your bills are paid and you have nt got any money left at end of month for a nice meal out with the family or a night at pub with the mrs( that’s a mortgage nowadays) then I think that would be very depressing. We have friends who bring packed lunch out to a park or something because they haven’t got any extra cash so look for free activities,that’s great but they tell me they worry and often argue about finances 

When poverty comes through the door,love goes out the window is an old but often true saying ??

• Like 2