What job.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree ? I doubt many will complain about a Fillipina nurse, an Indian doctor, a Japanese scientist or an Australian engineer coming here to do a job where they are needed. But the thousand

I wouldn't change anything. Really happy with where I am and what I've built. Wake up at 8am to coffee in bed, walk the lad to school, over the field with the dogs. Leave for work at 9.30....try and g

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckil

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mackem said:

I was told by a bloke in his 60's that went on a SAGA holiday quite a few old single ladies were hitting on him, I don't think it would be difficult to make a move (slowly of course, remember those hips and knees ?). 

Not at those prices. 

2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckily I have 2 sisters who do the majority of it, they also still have full time jobs, and I help by doing weekends and using my up my annual holidays to cover for them on weekdays when needed.

Not the sort of thing that I expected to be doing after almost a lifetime of graft and now in the position of not having to work weekends. Performing certain tasks are also not the type of thing that I have ever done or thought that I would be capable of doing. But hey, they used to wipe my arse.

This is probably a self pitying rant but I naively always assumed that we had things in place in our great country to give assistance with this sort of thing. Myself and my sisters and both parents have always worked and paid NI. But when help is needed there is jack shit. What little assistance is on offer is subject to months of bureaucracy, red tape and a myriad of "officials" visiting and accessing. Then offering very little. 

There are lots worse off than us. At least we have names down for decent care homes and can afford to pay. But it is basically a game of waiting for some poor sod to pop their clogs. Most places that we have visited I would not kennel a dog in. Until then... how does it go, the best laid plans of mice and men? ? 

Been going through the same thing this past 5 years and it isn't easy. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Bloody hell, it's only a couple of quid, trap a few more moles and overcharge Johnny foreigner ?

I have my pride. I'm not going to be a sex object for some rich old widow. Anyway, I identify as being in my late 20's so maybe Club 18-30 is more my sort of thing. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I ain’t got one qualification of exam results, I honestly to goodness don’t even have a cv ?

Same....i did take my exams but didnt have a clue what was going on and ended up losing my rag,throwing most of it on the floor and walking out the room.

Its not where you start but where you end up that counts.

• Like 3
On 03/09/2022 at 14:25, Nicepix said:

The SERCS were the boys. Organised armed robberies and took their cut. Creamed off a share of all drugs they found and any money recovered. It's in a book called Bent Coppers written by a journalist. Only a fraction of them were prosecuted and even less convicted. 

The Flying Squad were amateurs compared to SERCS. 

I was in East London mate i never gave a shit about regional squads....never had any issues with plod being paid for a service thats just life....but DPS and other such powerful people digging into misconduct and what not giving the thumbs up to handlers wiping folk off the face of the earth in order to protect their own reputations and cover up basic cowardice is nothing to do with success and failure.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Sorry to hear that.

If it is any help I did some calculations last week. The average cost of a care home is just less than £900 per week. Good ones cost more.  For the same £900 you can get on a cruise ship run by someone like Carnival Cruises, full board, ship to shore transfers, free tea and coffee all day. Longer the cruise, cheaper the day rate. 

That’s exactly what I told my wife’s granny to do, they nicked her life savings off her to go in a care home…..I said to “Book in to the best hotel you can find and eat pavlova (her favourite) every day until your money runs out” 

Fact is, they are slinging you in a care home anyway so you may as well be skint when they do it otherwise they take the lot ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, eastcoast said:

I am doing a job now that I never expected to do or planned for, but should have. Working as a carer for rapidly deteriorating very elderly parents with individual mental and physical problems. Luckily I have 2 sisters who do the majority of it, they also still have full time jobs, and I help by doing weekends and using my up my annual holidays to cover for them on weekdays when needed.

Not the sort of thing that I expected to be doing after almost a lifetime of graft and now in the position of not having to work weekends. Performing certain tasks are also not the type of thing that I have ever done or thought that I would be capable of doing. But hey, they used to wipe my arse.

This is probably a self pitying rant but I naively always assumed that we had things in place in our great country to give assistance with this sort of thing. Myself and my sisters and both parents have always worked and paid NI. But when help is needed there is jack shit. What little assistance is on offer is subject to months of bureaucracy, red tape and a myriad of "officials" visiting and accessing. Then offering very little. 

There are lots worse off than us. At least we have names down for decent care homes and can afford to pay. But it is basically a game of waiting for some poor sod to pop their clogs. Most places that we have visited I would not kennel a dog in. Until then... how does it go, the best laid plans of mice and men? ? 

3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Been going through the same thing this past 5 years and it isn't easy. 

I’ll tell you what it is lads, it’s just plain f***ing wrong !

Social contract?…..weigh in on time?……do the right thing?

Its a f***ing sham !……the only person sticking to the contract is your average Joe Soap.

And when you are too old for them to milk anymore, you can go f**k your self ! 
This is why I don’t subscribe to the school of thought of “dole scrounges”…….good luck to them, they government ain’t playing by the rules so why should any other c**t ? 

Got enough money to stick 3 gazillion spades in a 3 star hotel, breakfast/lunch/dinner all laid on…..but the British bloke can go f**k himself !

Thats been the case far too long and it’s time it stopped !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1