up the lionesses

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My favourite "sports" are darts, snooker and football, in that order.

I never watch women's darts, snooker or football for the simple reason I want to be entertained by watching the worlds best.

Obviously there are women who are the worlds best in the women's versions of those sports, but they aren't THE best in those sports.

Cheers.

Knitting, washing up ,getting that irritating stain out your Fred Perry, (usually a chicken bhuna) pairing up all the socks out of a big wash ,not compulsive watching! 

But let em crack on with it 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

Just now, waltjnr said:

Knitting, washing up ,getting that irritating stain out your Fred Perry, (usually a chicken bhuna) pairing up all the socks out of a big wash ,not compulsive watching! 

But let em crack on with it 

I don't think they are even that good, considering all the odd socks in my sock drawer ! ?? !

Cheers.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I don't think they are even that good, considering all the odd socks in my sock drawer ! ?? !

Cheers.

To be fair ,mine does that one simple job to an ok standard, obviously doesn't fancy broken ribs a 2nd time round ? 

Whatever...I have to admit I have found the games generally, not just England, entertaining and skilful, women's football has come a long way.

Oh yes, and however good the men may be, they haven't won anything since 1966, and the girls did tonight!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What the f**k were nets 

we just used my mates brothers orien bonnet 

you never get something like this for crimbo. made china stuff of today luck  top gear ? 

we always use a tree out front and a drain otherside lol needed at least one post all day heads and volleys even when dark because it was close to street lamps happy days ? 

image.jpeg.5c5c43dbdabfcfa3823ffe309c73f089.jpeg

Edited by mC HULL
54 minutes ago, WILF said:

Well, I have to say squire, you are probably the first person ever to accuse me of trying to be progressive ! ? 

Must admit you surprise me mate.....for a lad who was quick to read what was going on regarding the political side of mens football ( blm etc ) im struggling to see how you're not seeing the correlation with the womens game....or are you,and you just genuinely enjoy watching them play ?.....if you do you do,dont be afraid to admit it.....you've had years suffering watching our mob after all said and done so i half get it ?

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you never get something like this for crimbo. made china stuff of today luck  top gear ? 

we always use a tree out front and a drain otherside lol needed at least one post all day heads and volleys even when dark because it was close to street lamps happy days ? 

image.jpeg.5c5c43dbdabfcfa3823ffe309c73f089.jpeg

Nah mate , our best pitch had one goal which was from a tree to a large hole in the ground and the other was from the angled support for the swings , to whatever we could use as a post . 

4 planted trees served as corner posts. No cross bars , pure judgement . Best days of my summers were spent on there , using the fence at one side as give and go , no out unless it went over , the other line was the road , kerb still in play . Cars were an occupational hazard and considerd to be in play so you could play 1 2 against a passing Tyre and be regarded as Gazza Esqe . 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit you surprise me mate.....for a lad who was quick to read what was going on regarding the political side of mens football ( blm etc ) im struggling to see how you're not seeing the correlation with the womens game....or are you,and you just genuinely enjoy watching them play ?.....if you do you do,dont be afraid to admit it.....you've had years suffering watching our mob after all said and done so i half get it ?

not a bad team late 90s shaka hislop lampard wright di canio ferdinand ? 

man u supporter me self ? or was i don’t bother to watch it much now if ever 

19 minutes ago, Deker said:

Whatever...I have to admit I have found the games generally, not just England, entertaining and skilful, women's football has come a long way.

Oh yes, and however good the men may be, they haven't won anything since 1966, and the girls did tonight!

Thats like saying if my wife can beat up my daughter that makes her the best fighter in my house because i never won a world title ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

we beat the germans it’s a great day ? 

I was on my way back from the beach on a packed train lol. Watching that first goal on my phone, I lept up screaming Goal ? whole carriage shit themselves, some realised, the rest I apologised/explained to ? Straight off the train and into a local and they had it on the Telly. I missed the German goal mind, so walked in buzzing my tits off and the cnuts start laughing at me ?‍♂️ Who’s laughing now dickheads?

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Probably a lot like yourself mate I will watch a local Sunday league game, non league, youth football and, just for this final I watched the women beat the Germans (I also watched West Ham ladies in a final the other year, can’t remember when)…..f**k me, I even watch Irish football ! Lol 

I just take it for what it is, it’s football at a certain level……East Thurrock Utd ain’t Barcelona and I don’t expect Barcelona when I pay my £10 to watch them.

I just don’t even hear the bollocks they say about this stuff because I don’t watch it enough, like today, I came in at kick off and got up for my dinner when they won.

We both know what we are watching no matter what the talking heads on the telly say, bit like when they wheel in some fat spade bird to tell us all what a load of horrible c**ts we all are……not a blind bit of notice.

I will still take England beating the Krauts at Wembley in a football match with an all white team……I’ll take that all day long.

England ladies, European champions, no spades required ! 

40 minutes ago, WILF said:

Probably a lot like yourself mate I will watch a local Sunday league game, non league, youth football and, just for this final I watched the women beat the Germans (I also watched West Ham ladies in a final the other year, can’t remember when)…..f**k me, I even watch Irish football ! Lol 

I just take it for what it is, it’s football at a certain level……East Thurrock Utd ain’t Barcelona and I don’t expect Barcelona when I pay my £10 to watch them.

I just don’t even hear the bollocks they say about this stuff because I don’t watch it enough, like today, I came in at kick off and got up for my dinner when they won.

We both know what we are watching no matter what the talking heads on the telly say, bit like when they wheel in some fat spade bird to tell us all what a load of horrible c**ts we all are……not a blind bit of notice.

I will still take England beating the Krauts at Wembley in a football match with an all white team……I’ll take that all day long.

England ladies, European champions, no spades required ! 

? 

What a miserable bunch of self obsessed cretins you lot are .

Take it for what it is ,ladies football ffs .You don’t have to watch it .
We beat the krouts that’s all that matters whether it’s football ,paddle boarding or tiddly winks .

I'd rather watch that game time and time again than our overpaid excuses in the mens squad ,whinging about a tap on the shin .

When the mens squad actually step up and bring it home then they might get my respect until then the Fannie’s can swivel.

• Like 4