up the lionesses

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Just a comment on women in men's sports;

In the World Series of Darts in Australia, the woman given a spot, was destroyed by a punter.

Now, I've nothing against women's darts, my missus was world ranked back in the 80's at women's darts, but honestly would have struggled at County level in the men's game.

My point is Fallon Sherrock took the place of men who were far better than her.

Why ? 

Cheers.

For the ultimate reference , see the Williams sisters vs male . 

the geezer was hungover , smoked between sets and cleaned them out like flies 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

14 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s a forum , the section general talk , is for general talk , plenty of lads who do a bit write in here. 

is that okay like ? 

Of course it’s Ok Stiff .Bit strange a few can’t seem to string a hunting post together you included but hey ho .

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Of course it’s Ok Stiff .Bit strange a few can’t seem to string a hunting post together you included but hey ho .

The clue is in the title: General Talk.

• Like 1
On 12/08/2022 at 00:11, gnasher16 said:

I was having a natter about this exact point with someone who played the game at a high level and i said exactly that " when they take a corner they seem to miss the first man easy enough ".....i says.

To which i received a detailed lecture about the huge differences in the way top male players are " addressing " the ball as you say,with tons of whip so as any slight touch is going to send the ball hurtling towards the net ( inswinging corners obviously )......whereas the women are literally just floating the ball over into a dangerous area......having played the game you'll understand what he was on about better than me but even to me it made plenty of sense......my grandson can just float a ball into an area.

Anything "floated into the area" is eaten up by defenders at top level mate, the old "hang it up to the back stick" has long gone...like you say the ball is whipped in at such speed of they get it right its as likely to come off a defender under pressure and find the net...  I think the balls are different now also to aid the amount of movement in the air, hence making difficulties for defenders and keepers... 

I only watched the womans final, as I've said a few times I have no real interest in it, but was obviosy pleased they won and think it is a positive thing for young girls, they are good role models and I think young girls need that more than ever these days... 

But the standard is what it is, its pretty slow and fairly obvious, the set drills are basic, but the girls technique ain't bad and they got stuck into some decent challenges, which you don't see so much in the mens game now... I wouldn't watch womans club football or probably much else to be honest...it just don't appeal to me...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You ain’t exactly chuck Adams yourself mush so I’ll keep my vested prose to myself 

I’m sure if you took the time to browse you’d see I’m far better than that wannabe stiffy .

When was your last hunting related post ?

5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The clue is in the title: General Talk.

It is mate but it’s easy to look at members and see what else they are posting .Weird that some just post here and don’t seem to have a hunting connection at all ,it’s after all called the hunting life .

2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It is mate but it’s easy to look at members and see what else they are posting .Weird that some just post here and don’t seem to have a hunting connection at all ,it’s after all called the hunting life .

To be honest mate there is a few on here and a few gone who wrote loads of hunting posts, myself included, but I don't hardly ever now..the odd ferreting post with the kids, but never put lamping posts up now and not much about the dogs...

There are a few twats who come and go and talk shit and personally I can't be assed half the time to write them anymore.... I think thats the same for a lot of lads who've been on here a while...only so much you can write really...

• Like 4

Used to really enjoy my days out in the fields with Nell, im not a religious man , but i hope shes resting in pc, the joy she gave me, day after day, month after month, put her heart  and soul into her work, it was a joy to watch her at at work, and i enjoyed putting up my outings with her and my ferrets, those days are over fer me, so i enjoy the odd days outing of your dogs, bloody sweats dripping off me here, to hot sitting here 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

It is mate but it’s easy to look at members and see what else they are posting .Weird that some just post here and don’t seem to have a hunting connection at all ,it’s after all called the hunting life 

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

ahem , anyway …

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

You don't have to hunt to be interested in, or a follower of, country sports.

The more the merrier I say. We might need all the help we can get in the near future. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1