Multicultural ireland

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv always been at home on the rougher areas Iv been to, like charts said it’s not the area or the money or that it’s the folk that make a place ?

i always settled in most of them mate glasgow i was fat bit a ginger right at home ? 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only ever visited the South of Ireland once in the 80s i find it hard to visualise large Muslim communities like we have in the UK you need to get behind any political party that's against the immigra

It's been instilled into you lot to hate each other and the British for so long....that the real enemy has slipped in unnoticed...give you 10 yrs and you will have f***ing shitholes like Bradford and

I  dislike anyone being labelled a nonce just because their gay,it's bandied around too easily,from the comments of the locals in the town they lived in they were,2 decent men,that was my issue,...any

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I know it's not Hull, but one of the best nights I've had was at a house party in Goole,

f**k me, they made the Newcastle chavs look like Eton schoolboys ! ?

Cheers.

I used to have a couple of mates from Goole… 3 brothers, mad as hatters, f**k me did we have some fun ? 1 was in the special forces, last time I heard.

Remember him telling me about a time during the balkans war. You had Brit’s on one side of a valley and Russians on the other and they were firing at each other, above heads not trying to hit each other and shouting insults, for a laugh ? How true it is, I don’t know but hearing him tell it in his mad Goole accent had me creasing ?

4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

And Pattaya is "cultural " !?

Cheers.

The mrs is in Phuket right now, last night she went down Bangla road ? Ping pong shows and brasses everywhere…. Benidorm of Thailand ?

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Depends who you with aswell, a group of outsiders most places you getting told to fcuk off, alone an with a brass neck then most folk accept you an if your with one the locals then it’s usually party on ?

always 3 of us mate grafting to be fair i didn’t mind glasgow rough but was ok good laugh at times get on the piss have craic with locals they was sound 

City’s have always been, well, how city’s are…..that’s just a given.

However, many of our city’s are not “our” city’s any more…..and if you want to get out (like the 600,000 white British people did from London in the first part of this millennium !) then it’s going to cost you an arm and a leg ! 

If you want to almost exclusively live amongst your own it’s out of reach of most people…..that’s a f***ing crime !

There can be totally different areas in one city, economically and culturally.

I was ticking some things off my bucket list one time and did a road trip from Dallas to San Antonio in a rag top Mustang.

I took a left into San Antonio instead of a right and ended up in an area that wouldn't be out of place in the third world.....shops and houses boarded up, people sleeping rough and begging, surly, aggressive chicanos staring at me as I passed. I was praying I didn't have to stop for a red light !

Did a u turn and found where I wanted to be just a few mile up the road, gated compounds of mainly white people, manicured lawns, top end shops.

The difference was startling, all within the same city.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I was ticking some things off my bucket list one time and did a road trip from Dallas to San Antonio in a rag top Mustang.

I took a left into San Antonio instead of a right and ended up in an area that wouldn't be out of place in the third world.....shops and houses boarded up, people sleeping rough and begging, surly, aggressive chicanos staring at me as I passed. I was praying I didn't have to stop for a red light !

Did a u turn and found where I wanted to be just a few mile up the road, gated compounds of mainly white people, manicured lawns, top end shops.

The difference was starling, all within the same city.

Cheers.

They had a couple of those gated community’s in Bromley, Keston to be precise and the houses are a cold fortune……I always found that a little disgusting personally, having to pay a fortune to live in a place surrounded by walls and gates to keep all the shit out…..in your own land ! 

I know America is a land of stark contrasts and in many ways it seems to be a country of the very best and very worst of everything…..that’s not the model we should be aiming for imho.

We have took something wonderful and polluted it !

Its a race to the bottom and that to me is fundamentally wrong.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The difference was starling, all within the same city.

Cheers.

back in 1990 when I was in South Africa...I went on a helicopter trip over the shanty town of soweto..

you couldn't drive in obviously...now whilst most of it was as expected...there was an area in it that had big houses with swimming pools ..real beautiful gaffs ...

To be fair to hull the estates are shit holes, all of its affluent outskirts are classed as east riding council unlike most other big cities so that drags hull down the rankings. Also the old town and marina is actually nice, I'm my opinion a lot better than cities in Yorkshire, and unlike the other big cities in Yorkshire can be pretty much in open countryside from anywhere within 20 min drive tops. Places like Sheffield Leeds Barnsley etc it's just the town after town.

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

back in 1990 when I was in South Africa...I went on a helicopter trip over the shanty town of soweto..

you couldn't drive in obviously...now whilst most of it was as expected...there was an area in it that had big houses with swimming pools ..real beautiful gaffs ...

A lad I know emigrated there with his family late 80s, he had to carry a gun everywhere ! 

2 minutes ago, tandors said:

To be fair to hull the estates are shit holes, all of its affluent outskirts are classed as east riding council unlike most other big cities so that drags hull down the rankings. Also the old town and marina is actually nice, I'm my opinion a lot better than cities in Yorkshire, and unlike the other big cities in Yorkshire can be pretty much in open countryside from anywhere within 20 min drive tops. Places like Sheffield Leeds Barnsley etc it's just the town after town.

Many of those towns would have been decent years ago mate, decent people , alright not all of them were examples of upstanding citizens but salt of the earth types none the less.

You go to the lakes or the borders even to this day and people are absolutely spot on, normal English folks being normal to each other. 

I have met and count as friends lads from all over the show, because they are just like you or me……but no, we wanted to import degradation and inevitably the less “shiny” places suffer the most.

There is absolutely nothing positive to say about the social direction of travel the last 70 years !

10 minutes ago, tandors said:

i’m on an estate mate but can be in bilton in 5 mins on foot 

like you say can be in corn fields mile from me house