Russia Ukraine WW3

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Pretty sure the US don't have nuclear missile silos anywhere in europe...

Wasn’t there a thing about them storing warheads at Harrogate years back? More than likely not mounted, I’m sure I remember something about it though.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Wasn’t there a thing about them storing warheads at Harrogate years back? More than likely not mounted, I’m sure I remember something about it though.

I've sort of covered this. There's no US missile silos in Europe. US warheads for tactical bombs, yes. Ocassionally even sub launched weapons as a Ohio visits maybe, but no silos. 

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I've sort of covered this. There's no US missile silos in Europe. US warheads for tactical bombs, yes. Ocassionally even sub launched weapons as a Ohio visits maybe, but no silos. 

I’ll have a look about later see if I can find what I’m on about lol but I believe they were just ballistic warheads. Not mounted in silos (of which non exist in Blighty) or capable of launch from British soil.

2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

sit back n relax, dont talk silly francie, youve more up top than most on here, how can u possibly relaax when theres chance of a neuclear war, im outside diggin yet another fekin big hole fer my anderson shelter, born in one, here we go again      neh mind eh 

Fear not keith for the Lord will not forsake us,there's nothing we can do,this all has to come to pass,eternal life is at hand.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Brilliant !.......the only sense you get these days are from comedians,the irony !

It's normally the case , that's why I always stress the importance of keeping comedy free of the shackles that normally stop us saying what we want to. ?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Strategic weapons are for wiping out cities, infrastructure, civilians. They're intended to utterly destroy your enemy and their civilisation. No civilisation, no enemy. Tactical weapons are lower yield and designed to strike mainly military targets, hence they are often referred to as battlefield weapons.

When the Soviets got short and medium range ballistic missiles (strategic weapons) into Cuba, it meant that they could strike the US much more effectively than they could with their homeland strategic weapons. These weapons were intended to be part of an annihilation strike scenario where both sides went all out to destroy the other. Before that the US pretty much had the edge. It balanced the playing field which scared the shit out of everyone until both sides acclimatised to the new normal and found acceptable solutions.

The US nukes deployed in Europe now are mostly or entirely deployed in western Europe and are designed to be dropped by fighter jets and have much lower yields than strategic nukes. They are intended to wipe out divisions of enemy armour and troops in a terrible WWIII invasion scenario, but have limited capability as a strategic weapon ie to wipe out Russia as a civilisation. The US and Russia have ICBM silos at home, submarines and strategic bombers for that these days. The battlefield nukes would be saved for the battlefield. 

Battlefield nukes always have me thinking Starship Troopers ?

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Go to the Winchester have a pint wait till it all blows over. 

Dogs can’t look up ?

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3