Russia Ukraine WW3

5 minutes ago, JMc said:

No Crackdonalds,no Amazon,no Apple…..it’s going to be awful for Russians ?

The rouble has collapsed, GDP may take a 7% hit . Suppliers, supermarkets shutting , China's export of smartphones to Russia has fallen off a cliff. Visa and MasterCard apparently it still works in the country but not abroad? Swift payment ended I believe. No UK us aviation spares and repairs military chips etc. Sanctions on many oligarchs and their property, although their influence seems to have become useless, dozens of Russian business leaders facing EU sanctions, USA has banned all imports of Russian oil and gas Britain to follow end of year, if it's not cut off first. Good news for nuclear and North sea. Putin and lavrov whom have assets in EU Canada UK have had them frozen. And to top it all most moves have required changes in law etc so the wave of sanctions should swell in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

Kim jong un … xi of China and putin didn’t know what to make of trump … would he bomb them would he ban all imports from their country would he massively sanction them … and that uncertainty i what st

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, BGD said:

On the one hand you've got an endless stream of video, photos and people on the ground reporting on shelling and airstrikes by the Russians along with Russia themselves happy to admit they're bombing and shelling Ukraine, on the other hand you've got some cranks sat in the UK on the internet saying "dude trust me, it's been like that for years"

Pretty easy to weight that up :thumbs:

Its down to Hunter the big guy  and Obama  Clinton and the media attack machine just look at the constant shelling of ther own government by sky news. How can anyone survive ?? Bullshit plays a big hand in all this 

7 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I believe what I see with my own eyes these days mate. It's 2022. I see shelling and devastation....but the source of it, no, not absolute by any means. 

You believe what you see with your own eyes? So you saw the maternity hospital in that conditions for ages before today then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Borr said:

The rouble has collapsed, GDP may take a 7% hit . Suppliers, supermarkets shutting , China's export of smartphones to Russia has fallen off a cliff. Visa and MasterCard apparently it still works in the country but not abroad? Swift payment ended I believe. No UK us aviation spares and repairs military chips etc. Sanctions on many oligarchs and their property, although their influence seems to have become useless, dozens of Russian business leaders facing EU sanctions, USA has banned all imports of Russian oil and gas Britain to follow end of year, if it's not cut off first. Good news for nuclear and North sea. Putin and lavrov whom have assets in EU Canada UK have had them frozen. And to top it all most moves have required changes in law etc so the wave of sanctions should swell in the next few weeks. 

Just my own opinion , but Putin seems to have massively underestimated the opposition to his invasion. 

He hasn't been able to roll over Ukraine, and the resistance is massively bigger than expected.

The sanctions are hurting far more economically than expected and socially.

China is looking on and thinking " do we back our communist comrades, and risk sanctions, or stay out of it and continue getting rich selling consumer goods to the west ", they ain't stupid, sell to the rich west or support a skint Russia ?

The sanctions have ruined the ruble, Russia is about to default on its debt, 

When the Russian people are lining up for a bowl of cabbage soup, how is Putin going to explain it, especially in the internet age, when information is available, it's not 1917 or 1942 now !

Whats his options ? Retreat, I doubt it, peace deal, again, I doubt it, go nuclear, who knows ?, get overthrown/ assassinated, best option I think.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 9
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

OK, I'll indulge you, who do you think shelled the maternity hospital?

Cheers.

I think there is a real possibility that the foreign boots that have been in Ukraine since 2014(illegal under Ukraine law) have been playing a more than active role in the situation now in Ukraine and persecuting those not supporting the Ukrainian government. The shelled hospital would help the support for the Ukrainian position worldwide (which it is) so would be an excellent opportunity for PR and could just as well be a sacrifice worth making by the arm of the Ukrainian government.

I'm not saying it is the case, of course none of us know for sure the source of attacks on civilians which is terrible and can never be justified. I just cannot fathom those (not implying yourself) that post and repeat the mainstream as if it were gospel when the mainstream and government propaganda continually prove themselves to be reliable sources of disinformation and trickery week in week out mate.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

This is what does me in mate, everyone’s appalled…..but they ain’t appalled enough to walk down the polling station in complete safety & comfort and change it are they……so they can’t be that f***ing appalled can they.

I don't think the perception of (general) Joe Pubic could correlate the two factors. 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

. The shelled hospital would help the support for the Ukrainian position worldwide (which it is) so would be an excellent opportunity for PR and could just as well be a sacrifice worth making by the arm of the Ukrainian government.

So you're still insinuating that the shelling of the maternity hospital may have been a false flag operation ?

Dear God................

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Just my own opinion , but Putin seems to have massively underestimated the respect to his invasion. 

He hasn't been able to roll over Ukraine, and the resistance is massively bigger than expected.

The sanctions are hurting far more economically than expected and socially.

China is looking on and thinking " do we back our communist comrades, and risk sanctions, or stay out of it and continue getting rich selling consumer goods to the west ", they ain't stupid, sell to the rich west or support a skint Russia ?

The sanctions have ruined the ruble, Russia is about to default on its debt, 

When the Russian people are lining up for a bowl of cabbage soup, how is Putin going to explain it, especially in the internet age, when information is available, it's not 1917 or 1942 now !

Whats his options ? Retreat, I doubt it, peace deal, again, I doubt it, go nuclear, who knows ?, get overthrown/ assassinated, best option I think.

Cheers.

He'll blame NATO, as he had to go in and murder thousands of people enjoying their young democracy. I honestly don't know what his moves will be, I hope he gets done in by his own, the missus' initial reaction was to 'nuke him' , hopefully I don't end up eating my reply lol. He needs to go , sooner rather than later. Will he go nuclear, if NATO go in he may do , I think whatever comes the nukes in Russia have to go , we can't repeat this scenario again so by his actions presumably NATO will expand . Can't see him being overthrown , but who knows...

IMG-20220306-WA0013.jpg

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Literally, but usually means friend or pal.

Ive been neglecting your education lately, so that was just a little snippet for now ! ?? !

Cheers.

Neglected? You’ve downright gone AWOL from your duties my good man and left him loose to terrorize the pleasant people of this forum... Damn you I say sir, damn you ?

14 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I think there is a real possibility that the foreign boots that have been in Ukraine since 2014(illegal under Ukraine law) have been playing a more than active role in the situation now in Ukraine and persecuting those not supporting the Ukrainian government. The shelled hospital would help the support for the Ukrainian position worldwide (which it is) so would be an excellent opportunity for PR and could just as well be a sacrifice worth making by the arm of the Ukrainian government.

I'm not saying it is the case, of course none of us know for sure the source of attacks on civilians which is terrible and can never be justified. I just cannot fathom those (not implying yourself) that post and repeat the mainstream as if it were gospel when the mainstream and government propaganda continually prove themselves to be reliable sources of disinformation and trickery week in week out mate.

You were certain the hospital was never bombed and had actually been in that condition for years here, now you're saying it might have been a false flag? What changed?

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Wherever this is.....it's been in that condition for years....certainly not just happened with people walking out of the ashes right now. The propaganda being put out today is obscene. Anyone can see that, just not many got the balls or courage to say it. It's got the 'Syrian' playbook written all over it and it's obvious.

Just now, mushroom said:

Neglected? You’ve downright gone AWOL from your duties my good man and left him loose to terrorize the pleasant people of this forum... Damn you I say sir, damn you ?

He's a difficult student, like a spirited horse or a recalcitrant Saluki, but I'm patient, I'm convinced there enough there to work with ?

Cheers.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He's a difficult student, like a spirited horse or a recalcitrant Saluki, but I'm patient, I'm convinced there enough there to work with ?

Cheers.

You feed and walk him then, he is your responsibility! ?

• Haha 2
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3