Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

On 01/01/2024 at 05:58, Leo Sayer said:

Just picked up 2 PHD coats at not a bad price, I was cheeky and offered him a cheeky price for the pair. They look brand new ! Very impressed with them tbh ! 

20240101_055637.jpg

20240101_055605.jpg

Nice bit of business by the sounds of it matey.. I'm sure they'll serve you more than well!! I have a down jacket from the Rab outlet shop.. it's only 40 minutes from me.. I can't remember the specs of it as I cut the tag out of it!! Lol.. pertex with 850 fill I think.  Stupid protection for the size of it! Saved my ass a few times I don't mind admitting!! Bigger baffles equal more warmth!!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Nice bit of business by the sounds of it matey.. I'm sure they'll serve you more than well!! I have a down jacket from the Rab outlet shop.. it's only 40 minutes from me.. I can't remember the specs of it as I cut the tag out of it!! Lol.. pertex with 850 fill I think.  Stupid protection for the size of it! Saved my ass a few times I don't mind admitting!! Bigger baffles equal more warmth!!

Yeah it's good stuff Rab ain't it mate, never new there was an outlet shop though 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Yeah it's good stuff Rab ain't it mate, never new there was an outlet shop though 

Yes, It's a decent shop now to be honest and you can pick some good gear up a really good prices! They usually have a bit of everything in there but they put updates on their Facebook page about what stock they've got. Going back some years the shop look like a pokey little office with just a few rails of stuff for sale and was only open for a few hours twice a week! Only half hour run for me so not too bad. I don't go that much mind.. getting fed up of hearing our Doris moaning about it! Lol..

Just a screen shot of the post code and opening times for if you ever find yourself down this way mate!

Screenshot_20240114_204044_Google.jpg.f7e47b2d433f28b84215f7f25016ee66.jpgScreenshot_20240114_204056_Google.jpg.1c7cc9f5d24ed7c0a2376cedb7af9bc0.jpg

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Yes, It's a decent shop now to be honest and you can pick some good gear up a really good prices! They usually have a bit of everything in there but they put updates on their Facebook page about what stock they've got. Going back some years the shop look like a pokey little office with just a few rails of stuff for sale and was only open for a few hours twice a week! Only half hour run for me so not too bad. I don't go that much mind.. getting fed up of hearing our Doris moaning about it! Lol..

Just a screen shot of the post code and opening times for if you ever find yourself down this way mate!

Screenshot_20240114_204044_Google.jpg.f7e47b2d433f28b84215f7f25016ee66.jpgScreenshot_20240114_204056_Google.jpg.1c7cc9f5d24ed7c0a2376cedb7af9bc0.jpg

Cheers bush much appreciated 

• Thanks 1
On 22/11/2023 at 21:32, dodger said:

In the next few years maybe mate, iv been thinking about it alot late lately I'm not sure iv mentioned it on here before or not but long story kind of short my ex is Japanese we split up about 5 year ago amicable after 12 years but she wanted to go back to Japan but we had 2 young boys 2 n 6 months at the time.

Obviously if we didn't have kids it'd be goodbye n goodluck from me but my idea at the time was just to continue being parents to them as the alternative was me seeing them once a year if I'd of agreed to her going there and taking them with there and I'm not sure any father would be able to either, anyway she asked if she could take them there for a holiday to which I agreed to which then turned into an abduction which was obviously shocking.

I waw obviously shocked and you probably know yourself if something like this happens the police don't want to know so you have to contact the embassy who also can't physically make someone come back so you have to go through the haige convention and no legal aid.

I was lucky to win the court case but it was gruelling and It took 16 months and u hadn't seen my kids in all that time, I also agreed to not press charges to increase the chances of them coming back as the enforcement can be a problem then within the first week of them getting back to England the ex set up another court case to take them back to Japan on a legal basis so I had to go through it all again and after another 14 months I won this to but it costs everything even my house and took its toll on my health aswell..

Now my kids have been back here 2 years and I don't see them much as she went to live down London with them nothing I can do about that, I could have gone for custody but despite what she did she's not a bad mum in most ways and my health isn't good enough so the court ruled that the boys can stay with me every weekend but because of the distance and school etc I thought a weekend a fortnight would be enough for them but then I started having seizers early summer n with currently living alone I had to stop them coming as although I haven't had one since I just can't risk it.

And lately mate iv just been thinking was it all worth it as my ex still doesn't want to be here I hardly see my kids, the bond just isn't what it should be, the toll it's took on my health both physically and mentally and I don't have any family support so if you take the hunting side of things away from here then I if it was possible I think I could let my kids go over there and I try somewhere else to be closer to them but I think difficult regards to visas and work 

Kin el, dodge, that's a tough old situation!!

Hope you can find a more positive resolution with your kids, and your health improves.

Good luck in the future, mate.  👍

• Like 2
5 hours ago, shaaark said:

Kin el, dodge, that's a tough old situation!!

Hope you can find a more positive resolution with your kids, and your health improves.

Good luck in the future, mate.  👍

Thanks mate still not over tho I let her have them for Christmas n new year even tho it was my turn she came back with them then I was due to have them this Friday for the weekend as arranged so went to the train station train pulled up but she didn't arrive with the kids gutted n pissed off n no ancwer when I called or messaged.

I contacted my lawer n she said I need to I need to make an application for enforcement but tbh even tho I won both previous court cases it took a long time n took it out of me n I'm not sure if I need anymore shit like that plus lost enough money but at the same time she's tskingvthe piss n fecking up the boys n my relationship even tho she has them the majority of the time it's like she's jealous she's a real weirdo plus bitter.

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

Strangley lost my mojo for posting for some unexplained reason!

Not really a big talker at the best of times anyway I guess!!

Noticed a break in the weather 2 weeks back and managed a night in the Peaks on derwent edge. Cracking spot out of the wind overlooking Sheffield. Only 1.5 mile walk in from the Derwent Inn car park. I'll be going back here in the summer!!

IMG-20240204-WA0013.jpg.d8cf18f3d7b36ba8036605d3d50a906d.jpg

The gut is coming on nicely!!

IMG-20240204-WA0017.jpg.df82d99e9f3a6e0b9f0bf85a90e159c5.jpgIMG-20240204-WA0015.jpg.7342119c2c4bf5ea4d6917a5822d3baa.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
7 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Strangley lost my mojo for posting for some unexplained reason!

Not really a big talker at the best of times anyway I guess!!

Noticed a break in the weather 2 weeks back and managed a night in the Peaks on derwent edge. Cracking spot out of the wind overlooking Sheffield. Only 1.5 mile walk in from the Derwent Inn car park. I'll be going back here in the summer!!

IMG-20240204-WA0013.jpg.d8cf18f3d7b36ba8036605d3d50a906d.jpg

The gut is coming on nicely!!

IMG-20240204-WA0017.jpg.df82d99e9f3a6e0b9f0bf85a90e159c5.jpgIMG-20240204-WA0015.jpg.7342119c2c4bf5ea4d6917a5822d3baa.jpg

Nice camp and views there bush ! Looked a good crack 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Nice camp and views there bush ! Looked a good crack 

Cheers pal.. yes, we parked opposite the Derwent Inn pub and the path goes behind there and it's a decent climb to begin with but easy going once it levels off. Did a reccy walk around there over Christmas and there quite a few pitchs by the rocks along there. My ankle held up with the pack on too which was a relief! Lol! Hopefully we'll be heading up to the Lakes soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, lurchers said:

I’m up the lakes most weekends doing a few wainwrights with the dogs,sometimes the wind is brutal but still worth it

IMG_0454.png

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0425.png

0DAD8979-5C6E-4FE7-BB7C-9BE87F3FA29B.jpeg

IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

Cracking pics there mate! It's some place isn't it. The scale of the mountains still always does it for me even after year's of visiting! I was up there a couple of week ago for walk out with my sister who's lives up there. She's 49 and a still a full on space cadet!! Lol..

20240316_115440.jpg.3b38116119531d9c6914bb53f2ce8dd2.jpg

Sorry.. put this one up before on here somewhere. Can't help but keep an eye out for camp spots!

IMG-20240316-WA0008.jpg.1677dfb500e8744d5adddc179ff86472.jpg

• Like 7
22 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cracking pics there mate! It's some place isn't it. The scale of the mountains still always does it for me even after year's of visiting! I was up there a couple of week ago for walk out with my sister who's lives up there. She's 49 and a still a full on space cadet!! Lol..

20240316_115440.jpg.3b38116119531d9c6914bb53f2ce8dd2.jpg

Sorry.. put this one up before on here somewhere. Can't help but keep an eye out for camp spots!

IMG-20240316-WA0008.jpg.1677dfb500e8744d5adddc179ff86472.jpg

Up there nearly every weekend mate ya can’t beat it

• Like 1