Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

On 02/04/2024 at 15:16, lurchers said:

I’m up the lakes most weekends doing a few wainwrights with the dogs,sometimes the wind is brutal but still worth it

IMG_0454.png

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0425.png

0DAD8979-5C6E-4FE7-BB7C-9BE87F3FA29B.jpeg

IMG_0421.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

Champion mate

Have you not got any runners these days?, the deer whip greys looked the business 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

On 03/04/2024 at 21:50, low plains drifter said:

Champion mate

Have you not got any runners these days?, the deer whip greys looked the business 

I haven’t mate as I couldn’t do 1 any justice now.Theres nowt about apart from just large game.My mate offered me a pup out of his but I turned it down.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a unplanned last minute camp on Kinder last night at the Woolpacks area. Really bloody hard walk up with the big pack on. Got asked by buss full of Chinese looking young people how far back to Edale and which way to get there! Told them exactly 2.8 miles as i was tracking my route out from there and pointed them in the right direction. Found a nice little spot overlooking Jacobs ladder. Sun came out for the last half hour before disappearing and them the temperature plummeted big time. Cracking morning though listening to the Cerlews and a Cookoo. Had a Kestral buzzing around me too. Packed up early and was back at the car in Edale for 8:00 this morning. Nice little trip out.

20240504_195014-02.jpeg.375308f68d28c49064b8649d290eacd3.jpeg20240504_204534-02.jpeg.aca686d1f252b1845e4fe89fbc5a9f14.jpeg20240504_213152-01.jpeg.a98a61e45a1adea245bcd17a46085fcd.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Just back from the nc500 all but one night wild camping was epic 

20240511_174243.jpg

Ahh!! Nice one mate!! Bet that was a mega trip!! Amazing how you manage to take all your gear on a bike!!

What did you think to riding over the Bealach na Ba pal??

14 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Ahh!! Nice one mate!! Bet that was a mega trip!! Amazing how you manage to take all your gear on a bike!!

What did you think to riding over the Bealach na Ba pal??

Was epic we camped about 3 miles north of Applecross and did the pass first thing in the morning when  it was empty was grate , we went over to sky n did the turn table ferry ( last one in the world I think that was cool too ) best bike trip iv done so far and I got to do it with me old man n mates 👍 

20240516_130707.jpg

20240512_181232.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, vfr400boy said:

Was epic we camped about 3 miles north of Applecross and did the pass first thing in the morning when  it was empty was grate , we went over to sky n did the turn table ferry ( last one in the world I think that was cool too ) best bike trip iv done so far and I got to do it with me old man n mates 👍 

20240516_130707.jpg

20240512_181232.jpg

Mega that! You did it anticlockwise then??

Yes east side first wish we'd of had 2 weeks so we could enjoy it more and explore I toke a telescopic sea rod with me but only had time for an hours spinning 

• Like 1

Just come across this does anyone know any camp sites in lancs you can take young kids n also were they allow you to make a little campfire..

Also any tent recommendations that are easyish to put up not been camping since a little kid myself n that could count on one hand thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, dodger said:

Just come across this does anyone know any camp sites in lancs you can take young kids n also were they allow you to make a little campfire..

Also any tent recommendations that are easyish to put up not been camping since a little kid myself n that could count on one hand thanks in advance 

See on the thread you started. Use Google to find campsites in the area you want, there's loads.

• Like 1

Nice night away last weekend, only a quick one as didn't get away from the yard until 11.30 ish after laying concrete. First night in the tentbox and can say we enjoyed it and slept well. I usually prefer a more remote camping spot but we were meeting friends in their camper and they wanted electric hookup so headed up to baskerville Hall in Hay on Wye. Cheap enough £24 for two adults for the night and they leave you alone to it. 

Screenshot_20240521-154858_WhatsApp.jpg

20240511_141523.jpg

20240511_220635.jpg

• Like 11
4 hours ago, lampingboy said:

Nice night away last weekend, only a quick one as didn't get away from the yard until 11.30 ish after laying concrete. First night in the tentbox and can say we enjoyed it and slept well. I usually prefer a more remote camping spot but we were meeting friends in their camper and they wanted electric hookup so headed up to baskerville Hall in Hay on Wye. Cheap enough £24 for two adults for the night and they leave you alone to it. 

Screenshot_20240521-154858_WhatsApp.jpg

20240511_141523.jpg

20240511_220635.jpg

Does the truck move much if you’re trying to get it on in one of those tent boxes ? 🫢

Back out on Kinder scout again last night. Had company this time and it was first time out for a lad that I work with. It's an absolute killer of a walk up from Edale upto Grindslow Knoll.. especially with big pack on!! Really steep going up but once your on top it stays pretty flat. Good night. No drama's. Didn't really take any pics either! 

20240524_205215-01.jpeg.0edc4ab440b6423949b043d0e2d83d37.jpeg

Screenshot_20240525_184857_Strava.jpg.8911db351a2036e9651a24ddb5e9f244.jpg

The elevation graph!

Screenshot_20240525_184915_Strava.jpg.4163f41b70e97a6bcffab0de122c8d76.jpg

My heart rate went bezerkers going up!! 

Screenshot_20240525_134431_Connect.jpg.d245084ac25aa7bf07169fc69bcf0a1d.jpg

It's a good little work out though to be truthful and feels like you've earned your snap and a can or three once your set up. Hitting the lake district hopefully next month!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1