• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

You after a pure?

No fella I wouldn't know where to start tbh, just wondering who has run any from decent lines and are they really on par with the UK coursing dogs. 

I've made my mind up though, I'm going to get a saluki based runner if and when the right litter pops up. 

I'm going to say bye bye to working away and working weekends so will have time to bring one on and get back at it. 

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Articgun keeps some lovely pures, saw them a few a times in the flesh an they really impressive animals, never saw them on a hare tho so can’t say if they AS GOOD,  i get the impression they ain’t tho or why would lads mix there own coursing dogs with the pures, which seems to be happening more.

if I was going after a saluki or a Saluki saturated mutt, I think he is the man I’d go see, he has offered my lad a few pups in the past but they not the type for us ?

But come to think of it the line bred coursing dogs are basically a type of saluki perfected over here aren't they? 

Other breeds may have been added on occasion but they are that diluted that I imagine they have no bearing on performance anymore, don't most lads cross back to saluki anyway at some point? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

few lads have run them @chartpolski  @fensfarbutistillgo @mush @riohog articgun juckler 

brookie alot go bk to his asha bitch coursing and pure but havent seen them on in a while 

Have you seen any run? 

I imagine there's a lot of poor lines that made their way here mind? 

How many that have only been run in the show ring get labelled top coursing dogs? 

8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Articgun keeps some lovely pures, saw them a few a times in the flesh an they really impressive animals, never saw them on a hare tho so can’t say if they AS GOOD,  i get the impression they ain’t tho or why would lads mix there own coursing dogs with the pures, which seems to be happening more.

if I was going after a saluki or a Saluki saturated mutt, I think he is the man I’d go see, he has offered my lad a few pups in the past but they not the type for us ?

There's not too much to choose from pure saluki wise, even the saluki lurchers are mostly the same bloodline, look at the winners and competitors of the old Forley, Calendar cup comps etc, the majority of them are pretty closely related

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Have you seen any run? 

I imagine there's a lot of poor lines that made their way here mind? 

How many that have only been run in the show ring get labelled top coursing dogs? 

seen a few run mate 

most top coursing dogs now adays are uk coursing bred 

• Like 1
Just now, mC HULL said:

seen a few run mate 

most top coursing dogs now adays are uk coursing bred 

But like I said surely they're just a line of UK saluki's when all is said and done? 

At the end of the day us British are some of the best with dogs, is it any surprise that maybe we could improve on the middle eastern dogs? 

Maybe that is a tad unfair because it's all about horses for courses and perfecting the type for the quarry you run.