• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Cheers, tikka is out of a pure saluki called Nero which Arcticgun who use to be on here owns and her mother is a bitch called Cindy a double joe bred bitch without going into all the details 

Is Cindy still about mate?, Always liked the look of her and Tikka

10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Would you say the dogs are better today than they've ever been mate? 

I wouldn’t say they are a lot better there is just a higher percentage of very good dogs around because all the champions have been bred from and the lines kept tight so it is easier to get a very well bred dog now than it would of been 30 or 40 years ago 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Cheers, tikka is out of a pure saluki called Nero which Arcticgun who use to be on here owns and her mother is a bitch called Cindy a double joe bred bitch without going into all the details 

Sorry, but without being into all the lingo and pedigrees. Does that mean Coursing bred dogs x saluki?

And what do you guys mean when you say a coursing bred dog would be ruined by introducing greyhound?

23 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

Sorry, but without being into all the lingo and pedigrees. Does that mean Coursing bred dogs x saluki?

And what do you guys mean when you say a coursing bred dog would be ruined by introducing greyhound?

The saluki rules supreme 

1 hour ago, MagyarAgar said:

Yes coursing bred dog x pure saluki.

Adding pure greyhound to them would massively reduce, stamina, brains and durability whilst only adding probably a little bit more speed

12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

that litle pup of yours have that in it mate and more ?

It's running around the fields with both the bull x now mate they stop for a minute the bull x are having a pant..the pup has its mouth closed..it can shift aswell for its age now and again it really puts in a burst of speed ? 

11 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The brother to the father of your pup had a 12 minute run last season and caught it, but that kind of stamina is very rare 

The heart rate must be amazingly high to run for that long..has the saluki got a much lower lactic acid build up compared to other breeds mate..

• Like 1

I’ve never been a huge saluki fan or saluki greyhound fan they don’t really do nothing for me I hate the elastic slinky style of running to me some don’t look pleasing to the eye (I know it’s not about looks) but think once folded to pestrol base bloods ie other Lurcher types that’s when the magic happens for me I start getting a little liking for them especially saluki grey x bull greyhound I’ve a couple of mates who runs this cross brilliant lamp dogs this was the cross I was looking at getting before my collie beddy x 

2 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Yes coursing bred dog x pure saluki.

Adding pure greyhound to them would massively reduce, stamina, brains and durability whilst only adding probably a little bit more speed

Wonderful looking dogs. They look a little bit heavier than a usual saluki, which in my opinion suits them really well.
Do you know of any resources where I could read up on the make up and abilities of the „modern“ coursing dog?

2 minutes ago, MagyarAgar said:

Wonderful looking dogs. They look a little bit heavier than a usual saluki, which in my opinion suits them really well.
Do you know of any resources where I could read up on the make up and abilities of the „modern“ coursing dog?

Darcy books website, passion for coursing series details some of the breeding etc of these line of dogs

• Like 1