• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

Just now, Greb147 said:

But like I said surely they're just a line of UK saluki's when all is said and done? 

At the end of the day us British are some of the best with dogs, is it any surprise that maybe we could improve on the middle eastern dogs? 

Maybe that is a tad unfair because it's all about horses for courses and perfecting the type for the quarry you run. 

thats it mate 

nothing kills hares like uk coursing bred 

but a middle eastern dog will run and run mate stamina on another level even breeding out of uk pures you see there bottomless 

• Like 1
Just now, mC HULL said:

thats it mate 

nothing kills hares like uk coursing bred 

but a middle eastern dog will run and run mate stamina on another level even breeding out of uk pures you see there bottomless 

There's an American article online about pures and it talks of running hares and antelope. 

It basically says the faster types are used for hares and the deep winded dogs are used for gazelles and such as even the fastest of saluki's are nowhere near as fast as those. 

As there actually been many pure lines brought over here at all? 

If not isn't the gene pool small, could explain why some folk have needed to add different running breeds and crosses now and again and of course greyhound adds obvious speed. 

12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

As there actually been many pure lines brought over here at all? 

If not isn't the gene pool small, could explain why some folk have needed to add different running breeds and crosses now and again and of course greyhound adds obvious speed. 

My view is a lot of people can’t get on with a saluki and add to make them more workable/manageable 

• Like 1
Just now, TeDuke said:

My view is a lot of people can’t get on with a saluki and add to make them more workable/manageable 

I have never had a heavily saluki blooded dog, only a splash in bull types. Can see the advantage of the blood on so many levels for lots of things. Now have a young feathered dog thats thrown very much to the saluki. . . . . and he's defy got a totally different head on him in so many ways.