Saluki's and their crosses.

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Reapers are a lot cheaper than an f35, and there's no chance of losing an extremely well trained pilot.

Apart from that, terrorist targets shit themselves when their house or car may be targeted and they don't know when hel(fire) is going to be unleashed from beyond the horizon.

A very effective weapons platform.

Cheers.

The first ones were about $14 million. All of the ones capable of carrying weapons and going decent distances etc are quoted as having a retail price of $32 million. 

Nearly ALL of the troops that we lose in conflicts are either ground troops in ambushes, or to ieds. We very occasionally lose chopper pilots usually through mechanical failure but very occasionally ground attack. 

Cannot think of the last time we lost a fixed wing pilot in a combat arena where the opposition didn’t have an airforce ? 

The thing about terrorists being afraid probably also goes for manned planes and also helicopters / missiles. 

My point is we pour billions into smashing up other countries and killing folk in other countries ....... and yet at home everything is under funded and falling apart.

We have unmanned drones ...... but we don’t have correct PPE for nurses. 

Political games not the safety of our own population. 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Interesting things them ..... the price of war is staggering - a reaper drone costs about $32 million.

I believe the RAF had between 20 and 30 of them.

No money for schools, the NHS etc. But don’t worry we spent about -$800 million on attack drones. To mostly blow stuff up we pay to fix, and then give back to the people we took it off anyway ? 

It’s a joke mate isn’t it ?

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

The first ones were about $14 million. All of the ones capable of carrying weapons and going decent distances etc are quoted as having a retail price of $32 million. 

Nearly ALL of the troops that we lose in conflicts are either ground troops in ambushes, or to ieds. We very occasionally lose chopper pilots usually through mechanical failure but very occasionally ground attack. 

Cannot think of the last time we lost a fixed wing pilot in a combat arena where the opposition didn’t have an airforce ? 

The thing about terrorists being afraid probably also goes for manned planes and also helicopters / missiles. 

My point is we pour billions into smashing up other countries and killing folk in other countries ....... and yet at home everything is under funded and falling apart.

We have unmanned drones ...... but we don’t have correct PPE for nurses. 

Political games not the safety of our own population. 

A governments first priority is, and should be, the defence of the country and its people.

Without a credible defence and deterrent , everything else is at risk.

If the government was to say, for instance, "we will stop giving overseas aid to Pakistan, India and China, and spend the money on defence, education, and the NHS", they would have my vote.

£800 million on drones for defence pales into insignificance compared to money wasted on aid, the Lords, etc.

I guess it's just what your priorities are .

Cheers.

Just now, chartpolski said:

A governments first priority is, and should be, the defence of the country and its people.

Without a credible defence and deterrent , everything else is at risk.

If the government was to say, for instance, "we will stop giving overseas aid to Pakistan, India and China, and spend the money on defence, education, and the NHS", they would have my vote.

£800 million on drones for defence pales into insignificance compared to money wasted on aid, the Lords, etc.

I guess it's just what your priorities are .

Cheers.

Defence ? Really ? 

Do you genuinely think we are ever going to use a traditional armed response to defend our country against attackers ? 

Anytime we invade other folk or attack them we just get more attacks and shit here we can’t defend against.

If any country with an airforce etc actually wanted to attack us we wouldn’t be dog fighting in the skys. It would just be big red button time. 

Most of the kit we use is just to say we have it because no one wants to bring a knife to a gun fight. 

I fully agree with what you are saying charts I really do. But I can’t really see how that kind of stuff really makes us that much safer in the world we actually live in now. 

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Defence ? Really ? 

Do you genuinely think we are ever going to use a traditional armed response to defend our country against attackers ? 

Anytime we invade other folk or attack them we just get more attacks and shit here we can’t defend against.

If any country with an airforce etc actually wanted to attack us we wouldn’t be dog fighting in the skys. It would just be big red button time. 

Most of the kit we use is just to say we have it because no one wants to bring a knife to a gun fight. 

I fully agree with what you are saying charts I really do. But I can’t really see how that kind of stuff really makes us that much safer in the world we actually live in now. 

I never said we would use conventional forces to defend our country from a conventional attacker.

We use conventional forces, including drones, to take out potential terrorist attacks, and sadly, to try and impose regime change.

How many terrorist attacks on us do you think have been foiled by drone or covert ops ? I haven't a clue, but I'm sure there has been many.

We obviously don't agree on defence of the realm, so there's no point going round in circles.

I respect and appreciate everyone's opinion, and my opinions are just that, MINE, doesn't make them right, just what I think ?

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I never said we would use conventional forces to defend our country from a conventional attacker.

We use conventional forces, including drones, to take out potential terrorist attacks, and sadly, to try and impose regime change.

How many terrorist attacks on us do you think have been foiled by drone or covert ops ? I haven't a clue, but I'm sure there has been many.

We obviously don't agree on defence of the realm, so there's no point going round in circles.

I respect and appreciate everyone's opinion, and my opinions are just that, MINE, doesn't make them right, just what I think ?

Cheers.

You’re right it would be very interesting to actually know if there really are lots of foiled terrorist attacks. Obviously we will never know, but that would deffo be a better use of our money than random overseas regime change. 

I guess I just feel that my kid is probably more likely to get stabbed for their mobile phone by an indigenous yoof, or suffer because of an over stretched NHS than blown up by a terrorist from over seas. 

Just now, jigsaw said:

salukis and their crosses?? and the debate is bombing the countries and defence of the ream??? now thats a diversion.....

I guess we could say in a Venn Diagram we could have Salukis in the middle, and they run in the slop here and on the sand in a lot of Middle East countries we have bombed ! ?

A bit tenuous.......

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I guess we could say in a Venn Diagram we could have Salukis in the middle, and they run in the slop here and on the sand in a lot of Middle East countries we have bombed ! ?

A bit tenuous.......

Cheers.

Aye that 

Or another way to look at it ......

Them feathery eared Middle Eastern b*****ds came over here ...... they took our women, they took our hares, converted impressionable young lads like mchull to the dark side .....

It is time to act in defence of the realm. 

Buy a whippet / grey. 

Best I could do sorry ? 

• Haha 3