Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Arry said:

The Wife just told me the price of Weed has doubled because every body is sat at home have a smoke. Lol

Cheers Arry

Did she get sorted Arry?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

Cheers mate. I personally think that's some pretty shitty reporting. I've done my own analysis and when you correct for the onset of the epidemic in the UK by 13 days (we had our first death 13 days after Italy did) the rate of deaths is arguably less than Italy. But frankly probably about on par.

UK vs Italy.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

A lot of people still really don’t know if they should be working or not?

Im off as i have asthma . My boss was great about it but the other boys are still in as its classed as constriction work.  Think they are in until Friday then probably off 

I got another [BANNED TEXT] who works in a pet treats factory where the boss has told them they are classed as essential work and they "have" to continue working . If they go into self isolation they have been told they wont have a job to come back to and when they argued the point that it was impossible to keep a 2m distance in their tiny factory they were told "yoh know where the door is" 

Plenty od uncertainty about work and plenty of bosses who dont give a shit either way

• Sad 2

I want to add to that, as it obviously encourages the reader to make the prediction that the UK is about to become Italy....

The UK has 50% more ventilators per capita than Italy and our Industry is stepping up in traditional British fashion to knock out a heap more.

I'm not trivialising this, just presenting the facts.

Edited by Born Hunter
10 hours ago, king said:

italy 700+ deaths a day now.you are right enough mate our death toll will go through the roof.

2 new hospital wards in london each 1 can hold 2000 people..its going to get extreme in 2/3 weeks i think..

I’ve just been watching telly now and this is a delay phase they don’t have any intentions of containing it like China they possibly can’t do it I it is just to slow it down without blocking transport in and out of city’s they can do it 

• Like 1
Just now, riohog said:

are we looking at a peak in the next 2 weeks or so 

I think that's impossible to say at this stage mate. Too many factors at play. The peak depends largely on our behaviour at this point. How effectively we implement social distancing, how effectively we equip the NHS etc.

All I'd say is that I am extremely dubious of claims that we are worse off than Italy. The data I'm looking at doesn't support that at this point.