Coronavirus

Just now, Born Hunter said:

Honest to f**k nuke the c**ts now. The whole country is f***ing a bio-hazard!

The world will still trade with China.no doubt..

I said it a few days ago.

China should be footing the financial bill for every country affected by the virus that they caused.

Through being dirty fexkers.

• Like 5

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I know your the science bod and this wont be your field etc.....but do you think theres a chance that theres already been some kind of test developed that can be bought in a chemist,a bit like going buying a home pregnancy test......and if so might it be held back from the public through fears that everyone will rush out and get one and totally overload the NHS even more with new cases ?

Or could a lab test not be adapted to a " home test " like that in a scientific way........yeah daft question i know but do your best eh chief ?

The government have asked for volunteers mate.to help the nhs. 

170k so far.

They are the 1s who will dish out the test kits to every home in the land.

When the test is available in the numbers needed.

Then we will be asked to put your result into a government website.

That's my take on it..

Just now, gnasher16 said:

I know your the science bod and this wont be your field etc.....but do you think theres a chance that theres already been some kind of test developed that can be bought in a chemist,a bit like going buying a home pregnancy test......and if so might it be held back from the public through fears that everyone will rush out and get one and totally overload the NHS even more with new cases ?

Or could a lab test not be adapted to a " home test " like that in a scientific way........yeah daft question i know but do your best eh chief ?

Really out of my depth there mate. I'm just looking at numbers and basic trends. That's my thing. What your asking is probably quite in depth virology/chemistry/engineering stuff. I just want to make that clear.

My gut instinct says that if they had something then it'd be publicly known about, for one simple reason really it'd provide a sense of progress and control. It may well then be restricted by the government and testing operated in a controlled way.

But I honestly don't know mate. In these instances I really strongly defer to the actual experts in the field.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Even in 3 weeks or so after lockdown has been lifted people will forget about all this 

You do realise this it’s going to last longer than three weeks, and is probably going to change our lives forever or at least for a long time ? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Accip74 said:

A lot of people still really don’t know if they should be working or not?

Got a letter yesterday to say im an essential worker , to show the police if we get stopped on the way to and from work , so if anyone needs any emergency stock up of garden furniture budha ornaments, picture frames, and arts and crafts give me a pm 

Trust me come the weekend supermarkets will be packed with people just browsing to pass the time and get out the house for abit 

Edited by steve66
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You do realise this it’s going to last longer than three weeks, and is probably going to change our lives forever or at least for a long time ? 

I’m just saying that as an example  , all I’m trying to say is when eventually everyone can go back to normal people will forget about it , I don’t think we can sustain a lockdown but social distancing might be around for a few months yet 

52 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Apparently Prince Charles has it according to sky news? 

Yeah, been on the telly, only been mentioned 100 times in last half hour ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I’m just saying that as an example  , all I’m trying to say is when eventually everyone can go back to normal people will forget about it , I don’t think we can sustain a lockdown but social distancing might be around for a few months yet 

That’s because most folk are stupid and shouldn’t be allowed to make decisions for themselves lol. 

14 minutes ago, riohog said:

told you last week they are looking for trident pilots     ,recon you missed the boat ?

Found myself researching China's nuclear capabilities last week just to see if it was feasible.....

My mind is a f***ing roller-coaster at times! :laugh:

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, riohog said:

told you last week they are looking for trident pilots     ,recon you missed the boat ?

ps  i hear there is a black boat leaving tonight    you may have a chance if you can wave it down before it passes elsa craig   and goes deep       good luck       

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Really out of my depth there mate. I'm just looking at numbers and basic trends. That's my thing. What your asking is probably quite in depth virology/chemistry/engineering stuff. I just want to make that clear.

My gut instinct says that if they had something then it'd be publicly known about, for one simple reason really it'd provide a sense of progress and control. It may well then be restricted by the government and testing operated in a controlled way.

But I honestly don't know mate. In these instances I really strongly defer to the actual experts in the field.

Gotcha....fair do,s... i suppose science bods dont really do " have a guess " do they ?...cheers anyway.

23 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Got a letter yesterday to say im an essential worker , to show the police if we get stopped on the way to and from work , so if anyone needs any emergency stock up of garden furniture budha ornaments, picture frames, and arts and crafts give me a pm 

Trust me come the weekend supermarkets will be packed with people just browsing to pass the time and get out the house for abit 

Got the same letter yesterday mate and parcel volume has dropped at our place only 40 50inch tellys from the 71 we had Monday.My daughters mate works at that big amazon depot at Donny and she reckons its going mental with the work load.

So much data, so many theories and opinions are so varied it is a minefield if you try to over complicate it...

I'm a fairly simple bloke and my priority is my family and loved ones...I also have enough about me to know my actions could affect another mans family and loved ones....

So I stay at home...i dont want to..I want to do all the things I normally do but I see that as a risk...

I do believe herd immunity is the only quick and long term answer but that doesn't mean we should all get out and actively try and get infected to prove the theory correct...

We need to slow the infection rate down and buy time for the scientists and doctors to work on cures, vaccines or prove (as Born rightly says) through data the real impact of the disease.

We dont have a clue how many are infected as most wont get tested, so the 10% death rate is certainly false...

We do know it can kill anyone, and that is f***ing scary...

I had a go at a mate today, he has a small scaffold firm, my daughters boyfriend works for him...they are out today striking scaffold as the customers are moaning it might be up for months during the lock down...so f***ing what!!

The boyfriend cant come round now at all, as the wife cant take any risks...I offered last week for him to stay but that would be it...but he had gym the next day....f***ing brain dead!!

It will be months before the data is clear enough to predict ratios etc...we dont even know if you can be reinfected yet, so herd immunity could be a fallacy...

Italy will be watched closely as they will be open and forthcoming with info...China...well your guess is as good as mine to what really has gone on there!

If we cant just act sensibly for a few months to protect each other it's a f***ing sad state of affairs!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2