Coronavirus

2 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Gilts been wintering for atleast 5/6byeats and starting to see the same with blacks aswell

Yeah I know mate, but relatively 5 or 6 years is nothing if you get my meaning...it does prove water temperatures must be changing...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

My sisters daughter as just gone down with virus ,she works at hereford hospital ,she in her late 20s and healthy and no under lien illness ,she says it's like train hitting her !

she as 4 young kids ,it's going to get worse folks ,please stay safe every one 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

My sisters daughter as just gone down with virus ,she works at hereford hospital ,she in her late 20s and healthy and no under lien illness ,she says it's like train hitting her !

she as 4 young kids ,it's going to get worse folks ,please stay safe every one 

Hope she gets over it soon. They are the bravest my heart and thanks go out to the people on the front line. Must be like the First World War soldiers in the trenches just waiting to be struck down. All the very best wishes.

Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

NHS staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

Sent in to us just now and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

Please do the same and take care!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Anybody got any update on how effective lockdown and social distancing has work in other countries? 

had to take the wife to the hospital about half hr ago  to have a heart monitor fitted    roads still busy  folk jogging and on there bikes    fkn morons 

10 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Anybody got any update on how effective lockdown and social distancing has work in other countries? 

I'm not sure what countries have implemented these strategies so can't say. But Italy obviously have and the data might be showing it working. Active cases data should be a week or two behind this data.

Italy.png.ee5c53028800838cb9ed6cb264bbb080.png

1549161487_Italydeaths.png.93b016473ae6dd05431b4f0b78020c48.png

Edited by Born Hunter

Just read that sports direct are staying open there's to many companies claiming to be essential to stay open to milk every last penny, this is only going to give people the excuse to browse the shops longer and spread the virus

• Like 3

A work mate who is on the high risk list was told yesterday that if he chose to stay off work he would only be paid statuary sick pay HR told us that to qualify for the 80pct it was companys that had to lay you off.I found if baffeling yesterday we had 71 50 inch tv's come through us to be deliverd we are getting an higher volume of electrical goods than the January sales.

• Like 1
Just now, riohog said:

builders on a roof just down the road  fk it eh  we dont care     !!

Concrete being delivered to a site just down the road from my house and they've got the blocks delivered to , bet they won't stop working there 

9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

A work mate who is on the high risk list was told yesterday that if he chose to stay off work he would only be paid statuary sick pay HR told us that to qualify for the 80pct it was companys that had to lay you off.I found if baffeling yesterday we had 71 50 inch tv's come through us to be deliverd we are getting an higher volume of electrical goods than the January sales.

The firm I work for have rushed shop freezers into stores so they can stock frozen food in all there stores , just to stay open ?

2 minutes ago, steve66 said:

The firm I work for have rushed shop freezers into stores so they can stock frozen food in all there stores , just to stay open ?

hope we dont get power cuts ,thatll fk the job up 

• Like 1