Good deer dogs (pure)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, C.green said:

Your saying using nose cover ect surely just bit of rabbit bashing does same thing ? Dont get me wrong i couldnt care less if someone shot 50 tonight and chucked terriers out on them but cant try making out it does the dog any good surely

i know it does the dog the world a good getting rabbits up will teach the dog once it’s hit cover it’s down the hole you will end up with a dog comes back everytime they hit cover be next to hopeless 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i know it does the dog the world a good getting rabbits up will teach the dog once it’s hit cover it’s down the hole you will end up with a dog comes back everytime they hit cover be next to hopeless 

Think thats same with most things everything runs to cover dont it. If you run good hares though in my opinion i think you want a dog to learn that silly bish bash strikes n that aint the way forward i want a dog to work its hare out force it off where its trying to get and kill it in abit of style dont really want them thinking the way to kill them is run them like rabbits but we all different i suppose

2 minutes ago, C.green said:

Think thats same with most things everything runs to cover dont it. If you run good hares though in my opinion i think you want a dog to learn that silly bish bash strikes n that aint the way forward i want a dog to work its hare out force it off where its trying to get and kill it in abit of style dont really want them thinking the way to kill them is run them like rabbits but we all different i suppose

definitely you need them to use there head slow em up push em back out into land 

but you also need them to follow threw game strips woods hedges without getting shook off and sometime even loose em for abit before finding them again 

And you reckon few milky does will make a dog that wouldnt follow on through will turn it into a little demon in cover ? I dont reckon so feller i think if they stopped at cover as pups when in my opinion they should be at there very keenest theyll do it when push comes to shove. I could be wrong just my opinion.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The awkward feeling of having a world beating match dog as it’s slaughtering hares in may 

this is pups threw to first season stiff

me adults are mooched at night land there isnt much 

your always welcme to pop with a dog mate any month of the season see if my dogs stop them 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, C.green said:

And you reckon few milky does will make a dog that wouldnt follow on through will turn it into a little demon in cover ? I dont reckon so feller i think if they stopped at cover as pups when in my opinion they should be at there very keenest theyll do it when push comes to shove. I could be wrong just my opinion.

no i recon pups getting em up on todd  spring summer hunting about  helps them i know it does 

you lamp bunnys first season the dog will stop at cover once unsighted  thats a fact