Good deer dogs (pure)

23 minutes ago, sandymere said:

And that would need a tow rope, a couple of gears and a reserve fuel tank to be a meter behind this one ?

20220310_161320.jpg.c8d418d0cd6037561f00909013050061.jpg

the little red bitch already killed more daytime hares then that whizz banger will in its life mate ? she’s quick enough to slow em up not one for pushing them up and down ? ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Hiding? I been here all winter same as the last twenty seasons, I’m not hard to find at all, your the one who has offered everybody a challenge yet ket none of them ??

hiding

i was having the craic ? 

why didn’t you pop down with a coursing bull ?

i’ll have day out with most lads it’s all craic isn’t it 

i think most are a scared to slip long daytime if i’m honest ? ? 

kennel dogs they have to pick and choose runs and molly coddle ? ? 

33 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

hiding

i was having the craic ? 

why didn’t you pop down with a coursing bull ?

i’ll have day out with most lads it’s all craic isn’t it 

i think most are a scared to slip long daytime if i’m honest ? ? 

kennel dogs they have to pick and choose runs and molly coddle ? ? 

You missed out easy summer kills that was invented bout the same time as matching dogs lolol 

35 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

My dog never been on a lead so I don’t pick an choose runs haha an I didn’t pop down as I have all I need here an get paid for it ? I wouldn’t travel anywhere to run a scabby hare these days tbh, just like you wouldn’t travel for rabbits. Bit seems before an after every season there’s all sorts a challenges here but yet no body meets, by time you an Sandy meet your dogs will be retired ?

there’s lads pop for a run on here katchum 

sandy be welcome any time end a january i had lads coming down and he could only make that one week end 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mC HULL said:

running after is the easy bit a pup needs to use it’s nose follow in rough hedges etc learn the tricks it’s not the running after i want lots the hunting about 

the proof is in the pudding mate them dogs that come bk once the hare is unsighted aren’t no good to me 

I get what your saying but what does summer running prove ? What's the difference in taking your pups out in Oct the hares aren't at there strongest and your pups can still use there nose 

Just now, Blackmag said:

I get what your saying but what does summer running prove ? What's the difference in taking your pups out in Oct the hares aren't at there strongest and your pups can still use there nose 

I’d have thought you’d cook a dog? You have to be very careful around here in summer, very hard cracked ground and high temps, with lots of hares, is a recipe for a bad do. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’d have thought you’d cook a dog? You have to be very careful around here in summer, very hard cracked ground and high temps, with lots of hares, is a recipe for a bad do. 

I already mentioned something simular apparently that's how you enter youngsters theses days 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Temperature is still relatively mild in March and April, perfect time to knock over a few 1/4 grown leverets. Plus your can add them to your dogs tally and then come on here and brag about how many hares your young dog has killed. 

Its a win win. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, green lurchers said:

You missed out easy summer kills that was invented bout the same time as matching dogs lolol 

men were matching dogs pre second world war ? 

and to be fair hunted right threw didn’t they 

2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

your out mooching the pups will get things up use nose learn not to get shook off learn use mouth they do it off there own back 

mots a lot better the thinking your going to run a dog 16 month on october hares and think it will know what’s what mate believe me