Good deer dogs (pure)

4 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

What’s the point in having an opinion? You’ll just tell everyone it’s a saluki anyway. 

that’s my opinion after seeing a few types differnet pures run em next would be a deerhound both capable a descent slips 

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

if i had to have a pure for deer; just taking roe id have a strong whippet dog but if roe and fallow id have a greyhound

you may be ok smalll grassland sneaking up in the wind and slipping before the get to the feet out the hedge dyke ? 

6 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ll be totally honest, it was a f***ing monster, and it was stopped by a single bull x bitch. Not mine, it belonged to a member on here, who probably doesn’t remember. But that moment, getting to them first and jumping on the beast, knife in hand, heart pounding, started off an obsession ? 

Must been hell of a battle , I’d definitely been asking for a pup out that bitch ? Iv dropped 100s over the years would really like to see a red stag in full flight 

1 hour ago, Sammyballer said:

Must been hell of a battle , I’d definitely been asking for a pup out that bitch ? Iv dropped 100s over the years would really like to see a red stag in full flight 

I've been known to jump out of the way of one heading for a gate I was stood in front of. With a dog behind them they weren't turning and I weren't gonna try and stop em..............?

I've not seen much fighting but lots of struggling to get away and big deer are powerful animals.

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Fair play 2 ya ? did the use the falcons or just slip the dogs at them seen a few look like the been dropped

So we used falcon and dog, that why i went there, to learn how to do it, changed my life forever.

9 minutes ago, levigsp said:

So we used falcon and dog, that why i went there, to learn how to do it, changed my life forever.

That would of bin a sight 2 behold ,don't spose u ever seen the blokes running them Blackburn wi the cheetahs 

• Like 1