Good deer dogs (pure)

Just now, SheepChaser said:

I meant that Kiev used to be the capital of the kingdom of the Russ, in medieval Eastern Europe. 

Aye we know that but he didn’t! And the Russ are not the Russians. Russ was the Viking slang for people that talked like  Russians. ?‍♂️

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Originally from Sweden apparently. 

Yep, well Norse, earliest Viking sagas say they went east down the rivers and settled, later they came out again from the Nordics and fuucked about with our little island ?

7 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Yep, well Norse, earliest Viking sagas say they went east down the rivers and settled, later they came out again from the Nordics and fuucked about with our little island ?

A favourite book of mine was The Road To The Miklagard, by Henry Treece, about vikings sailing their boats and transporting them overland from Scandinavia to Constantinople,( Miklagard), through the central and Eastern European river systems.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A favourite book of mine was The Road To The Miklagard, by Henry Treece, about vikings sailing their boats and transporting them overland from Scandinavia to Constantinople,( Miklagard), through the central and Eastern European river systems.

Cheers.

I’ll have a look for it mate. Love reading about history, thanks ?

16 hours ago, mushroom said:

Tell that to the springbok that our Sandy mentioned earlier! They will jump between 2 & 3 meters into the air, whilst on the sprint. No other gazelle can do that! So why should deer be all the same? You think a CWD is the same as a Fallow? Jog on ;)

great at "pronking" but fences are not their thing.

I've watched those videos above. They don't have our belief in a fair course. They have massive numbers of greyhounds matched against a single prey species. Not very British chaps. Not for me at all.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

On a side note if those deer are too fast to catch, how the feck were / are lads catching red kangaroos with a top speed of 70 kmph? Maybe they only can do it in short bursts 

Whippets catch roos, no problems if you are good at stapling, lol.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I've watched those videos above. They don't have our belief in a fair course. They have massive numbers of greyhounds matched against a single prey species. Not very British chaps. Not for me at all.

Depends why you’re hunting.

• Like 1