Good deer dogs (pure)

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Lol you think? Talk to the Yanks about it love ?

Dogs that are able to run down and fight on the run with coyotes, can’t get near a whitetail was the general consensus. I’m happy to be wrong and I will bow down to anyone more educated but that’s what the boys were saying and that was across different states ;)

they need some descent dogs then ? 

they must be running shite ? 

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running fast hounds after Deer, in dense woodland,.. well, its pretty obvious that sooner or later, your dogs will get seriously hurt... ? Of course, back in the day, we were different men,....it

Never no when your life going to change for the worse 

I have to admit if I was looking after getting a dog for deer saluki would have to be in it's breeding. 

Posted Images

I have quite a good retentive memory for some things ? there's a very old post on here or moochers, british guy, was he a welder? Lived stateside, he DID get whitetail with his dog, caught two one day, the story is on here or moochers, only needed one so let the second go after getting the dog off it ??

2 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Talking from a lot of experience are you? ?

yes from running deer ? 

the shite you run wouldn’t get near one most likely but neither would it get near a roe off a big slip either ? 

only a arm chair  hunter would think a fast dog with wind would get left by one 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

yes from running deer ? 

the shite you run wouldn’t get near one most likely but neither would it get near a roe off a big slip either ? 

Roe , big slips here we f***ing go again , you forgot the slop in there ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

yes from running deer ? 

I mean running deer in a completely different country? you wouldn’t know what my dog can and can’t do so don’t you worry about what I got ? 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

yes from running deer ? 

You just proved yourself an A star numpty ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I mean running deer in a completely different country? you wouldn’t know what my dog can and can’t do so don’t you worry about what I got ? 

You forgot to mention different species too mate ??

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Roe , big slips here we f***ing go again , you forgot the slop in there ?

why don’t me and you have a day out on the bambi ron ? run 3 daylight and a few when dark ? 

see what a proper dog is capable of ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

You forgot to mention different species too mate ??

you think a descent dog gives a fack about land and species they will just get stuck in mushroom it’s a medium size bambi not some mythical beast ? 

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

Screenshot_20220317_140651.jpg

I think Dan and the boys were on about the speed, stamina and the sheer agility of them mate. Anyone who has had a bash at deer knows they can leap fences in a single bound one day and hang up the next. I’ve seen a group of reds clear an 8’ fence with no dog behind them, that’s some animal to expect a 28” dog to pull down imo. Of course it can be done on the off but MC Tw@t always knows better ?‍♂️???

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I think Dan and the boys were on about the speed, stamina and the sheer agility of them mate. Anyone who has had a bash at deer knows they can leap fences in a single bound one day and hang up the next. I’ve seen a group of reds clear an 8’ fence with no dog behind them, that’s some animal to expect a 28” dog to pull down imo. Of course it can be done on the off but MC Tw@t always knows better ?‍♂️???

Some cleared this sheep wire east some dragging there self over. And they wasn’t getting pushed 

3C61E43B-38FA-4DF4-A0FC-019A1B06D3E3.jpeg

• Like 1