1 minute ago, mighty celt said:

Nice type very well put together dog looks like it could run as good as it could finish the job. 👍

He was good dog. Could run but if they got 3 turns on him he'd struggle to get back on them. He was no hare dog.

Unfortunately he died after a night's lamping. Got him out of the motor and he just died, I was gutted. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bella she's a 5/8 3/8 who will be 12 months old next week,she's already bumped into a few odds & sods on our daily exercise wanders..she is 100% going to do what's asked of her if early indication

4th full season for this fella. Just does what he does. Been great to have him as a role model for young dog. Always keeps me happy this fella Atb Igz

Fawn dog...bull/grey x saluki/bull/grey....black bitch 1st x..

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmad riley said:

He was good dog. Could run but if they got 3 turns on him he'd struggle to get back on them. He was no hare dog.

Unfortunately he died after a night's lamping. Got him out of the motor and he just died, I was gutted. 

He certainly put a lot of tackle to bed

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Northern Rock said:

Saluki Cross x Working Lurcher, Bit of terrier bit of collie. Bred by Fuji off here, Both of them have his Boots Dog as the sire

Is it a dog or bitch, around 23/24 tts?

Nice type 👍

Really nice runner 👍

Have you ever thought about a litter in the future? 

You dont see many black and tan lurchers especially with the broken coat ( I certainly haven't anyways)

A good bedlington based runner would be my suggestion, for what it's worth! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Paragon.of.Zaonce
      Hello to all.
      I would like some help with our lurchers coat. Luna is 3 this year, her Mum was a Border Collie x Whippet (merle) her Dad a Whippet x Greyhound (Non-Merle). I think she has the harlequin merle modifier gene, I don't think she is double merle, her Dad was not cryptic as far as we can tell. She has no helth issues eyesight excellent and her hearing is as selective as any lurcher. 
      She is a stunning wee dog, very unique markings, great temperament.
      Any help appreciated.

• By Kingofthelamp
      Anyone ever worked a deaf lurcher by any chance?..reason behind the question is I’ve bred a retired dog to a Merle bitch an I took my pup from it the biggest of the lot black and white with two ice blue eyes but I’ve noticed he can’t hear anything bangs or anything like that there’s only a odd reaction to some stuff but his eyesight is 100% very good eyes. I’m just curious because it’s all I have from this old dog and I was thinking could I use the pup lamping and out with terriers any info be [BANNED TEXT]. The father was not Merle only mother...
    • By Forest Queen
      Help Required as to ancestry /history of my saluki /Greyhound. 
      I have just lost my dog of a lifetime to cancer, she was 11/12 yrs old.I am truly heartbroken. 
      I'm not a hunter,but have always loved sight hounds in particular salukis.
      My dog Fern was a very distinguishable sighthound ,her colouring alone a mutated dilute. Was quite a show stopper. I'd have people literally stopping cars to ask what she was as she held herself well and looked awesome. 
      She was Steel and tan with a white butterfly on chest. White tips on feet. 
      Fur like velvet and shone.
      A glamourous looking dog.
      She passed through I believe 5 lurcher men before coming to me age around 4 yrs. 
      I had her 8 yrs. 
      I have  sketchy details of her young life and know she was initially used as a racing dog and then a lampers dog. Until she hurt her spine and broke a toe.  
      Fern was born around 2009,lived in North East England (Northumberland).
      I believe she had two litters of puppies (do you have one?)
      Lived Winlaton, Mickley,Prudhoe , Ryton, Greenside, Horsley.
      I believe her father (sire) may of being khan jihad. 
      I believe her mother (dam) was a steel greyhound and was a Irish coursing champion.  
      Does anyone know who that might be?
      Who bred Fern?
      Does her heritage fit time scale wise?
      I would dearly love to know as I said, totally in bits at her loss. 
      I just want to try and recreate her or seek out someone who might be able too from same lineage. 
      Whilst I'm not a hunter, I turned Fern from huntress to helper in that I used her skills and abilities to bring deer out to me to photograph, as I'm a professional photographer. We were quite a team. 
      I just loved everything about that girl.
      Thanks for any help received.

• By Kingofthelamp
      What in your opinions would be the best thing to breed a deerhound/greyhound to but still looking to keep size and speed just something nice to throw into the mix or even more greyhound what do you lot think?...
      Cheers
    • By Snapdogs
      Blue- my 2 year old 3/4 whippet 1/4 Irish terrier out of my pure whippet dog. Anyone else running Irish terrier Xs?