Suicide Question ......

You manage Chris and got to be said ,you aint the sharpest tool in the box ,just an observation .

True story that! The difference is that if I post something that isn't popular, or goes against the grain, I usually have something to back it up with. All I'm seeing here is a deliberate wind up, or some weapons grade stupidity. :hmm:

Which is it?

So to back up my lack of compassion ill need a volunteer swinger ,any takers .

No wind up just cold callous, don't give a f**k, for the suffering of my fellow man.The difference between you and me is the need to justify yourself which I lack as it is what it is ,take it or leave it.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im reading this and really trying not to reply the way I want to,for ive a sister thats clinically depressed,schizophrenic, and just down right messed up since she reached 23....before that...a perfec

Without going into to much detail the wife had a breakdown some years ago ,any suggestion of a doctor was treated as an admission of guilt on her part,until a major episode led to her going to see the

suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem.

Posted Images

We're talking about the current topic...depression etc...not your crusade to rid the world of muslims. What does mental health have to do with patriotism?

Not being of the depressing type ,I'm unable to comment fully on what I see as a self induced illness .To allow oneself to reach those lows is alien to me ,therefore ill not comment on something i know nothing of ,a trait others would well to emulate .

I had a mate 'try' and commit suicide by chugging a bottle of Jack daniels and canning loads of paracetemol. Bollocks. If you were really gling for it you would jump infront of a train or off a pier with a concrete block tied round your waist. Soon as he came to I told him I had no sympathy. Come and talk to me and I will try my best to help you. If you dont say anything then I cant do anything.

f**k me if you were a person depressed enough and thought your life was that much of a failure to try to kill yourself how bad would you feel that you f****n failed at that!!!

If I found someone hanging or fuming themselves in a car would I try and save them? Yes. Everyone gets one chance with me.

If I found the same person doing the same thing at a later date would I try again? Not a f**king prayer.

We're talking about the current topic...depression etc...not your crusade to rid the world of muslims. What does mental health have to do with patriotism?

Only on THL can you go from clinical depression to white nationalism in under a page! :laugh:

The difference between you and me is the need to justify yourself which I lack as it is what it is ,take it or leave it.

That's not the case, though, is it? It's about PTSD, clinical depression, and autism which here you say...

I'm unable to comment fully on what I see as a self induced illness . To allow oneself to reach those lows is alien to me ,therefore ill not comment on something i know nothing of ,a trait others would well to emulate .

... yet you continue to do so, and are trying to continually justify it despite the empirical evidence to contrary. You don't get it... We read you loud and clear, but the fact that you don't understand it doesn't negate it's reality.

• Like 2

i worked in a nursing home ,mainly MS sufferers ,but their was one guy there who'd been dragged out of a car whilst trying to gas himself ,it left him a mong ,had the mentality of a kid ,quite sad to see really !

What I'm saying Chris is that unless anyone here is a doctor , has had any of these maladies they arnt in a position to reply and the original question was specific which I answered . I'm an educated man but I choose not to go into life that deep and feel I'm all the better for it . If anyone doesn't like my attitude then block me .

What I'm saying Chris is that unless anyone here is a doctor , has had any of these maladies they arnt in a position to reply and the original question was specific which I answered . I'm an educated man but I choose not to go into life that deep and feel I'm all the better for it . If anyone doesn't like my attitude then block me .

Maybe some have suffered clinical depression but don't want to broadcast it on t,interweb .

• Like 2

This thread is full of comments like 'pick themselves up and carry on'. Clearly people that again know nothing about clinical depression and how it works. If any of you lads have suffered hard times and managed to crack on then fair play to you but i very much doubt you were suffering from depression...just shit periods in your life that you managed to get through. Everyone goes through crap and most come out the other side better off for it but try going through the same shit whilst suffering from depression...completely different ball game. There's a big difference between a doley saying he's 'depressed' cos he's got no baccy and can't afford his new 50 inch tv and someone who's genuinely suffering from it. It's not just a case of picking themselves up and carrying on...as has been said on here already...all common sense goes out the window and depression takes over

Edited by daveee88
  • Like 7

Depression is a terrible thing...I've suffered from this debilitating malady, all my life... :yes:

Obviously,..folk who do not 'get it',..don't get it,...and why should they?

Perfectly understandable,..I've no problem with their attitude,...and I wish them well.

Meanwhile,..those who do have this illness simply keep on, keeping on,...

Some days/months are better than others,..and you can only live for the good times,..feck the bad'uns. :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 6

I think people are confusing clinical depression with "feeling a bit down."

Exactly! It's not something I've suffered from, so have little understanding, like many on here it seems.......but from listening to people & reading a bit, I've become a little less ignorant over the years....

One of the most interesting things I read was a journalists description of how his clinical depression started, be remembered the precise moment it kicked in, while walking up the stairs of his house one day to go get something. He'd never been through any real rough times to trigger it & lived a nice life, it was just a 'lightbulb' moment! Which changed the rest of his life.

• Like 4

I've not suffered from it myself but I've lost a close friend to this debilitating illness. To not understand it is one thing. I can accept that. You have no frame of reference, but to imply that it doesn't exist based on that lack of understanding is pure ignorance. I know the last couple of pages of this thread have derailed slightly but maybe we could change the terminology from 'just pick yerself up' to 'is there anything I can help you with' to those that feel inclined to do so? :hmm:

• Like 3