• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I am in big cat country at the moment, real big cats not the anomalous british variety (one of the benefits of a fancy dress shop and magic changing room on the doorstep).A lady in the neighbourhood had one on her property a few years ago. I chatted to a guy who works for the dept which took an iconic cat pic, anyone with even a transient interest in cats will have seen the pic,he gets cats often on bog standard cams, no fancy schmancy units, if they are there then they will be captured on cams, if they ain't they won't.Theres nothing secretive about big cats and cams, if they are about they will be captured on film, that's from a guy whose job involves them, if I go trekking this weekend or next I will take a pic of the location he got his famous cat pic, you will recognise it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, greg64 said:

if this thread goes for another 5 years or even 10   ,i very much doubt anything will have changed  

That's were you are wrong, I've had it on good authority, on my last visit, and may I add I was taken against my will, but they wanted to pick my brains, in less than 5 years time, this planet will be governed not by blacks, but aliens,. I can't say anymore on the subject, I'm being monitored 

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

I am in big cat country at the moment, real big cats not the anomalous british variety (one of the benefits of a fancy dress shop and magic changing room on the doorstep).A lady in the neighbourhood had one on her property a few years ago. I chatted to a guy who works for the dept which took an iconic cat pic, anyone with even a transient interest in cats will have seen the pic,he gets cats often on bog standard cams, no fancy schmancy units, if they are there then they will be captured on cams, if they ain't they won't.Theres nothing secretive about big cats and cams, if they are about they will be captured on film, that's from a guy whose job involves them, if I go trekking this weekend or next I will take a pic of the location he got his famous cat pic, you will recognise it. 

1.  You haven't said where you are.

2.  Why/how would we recognise the pic, if we ain't familiar to this location or picture?

22 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

We carried on lamping didn’t see anything , so I went back in the day and spread some sand around it to get a footprint.any guess as to what had cleaned this thing out????

A gang of rogue hedgehogs?!

38 minutes ago, greg64 said:

if this thread goes for another 5 years or even 10   ,i very much doubt anything will have changed  

Of course there will lad. The population of big cats will be even bigger!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, mackem said:

What kind of cat ? 

8 hours ago, mackem said:

If it’s that easy why not just get your own pic after all didn’t you import a pallet of trail cams from China on one of your adventures, easy enough with all that snow on the ground, and all the time you have at your disposal ?

9 hours ago, greg64 said:

My words months back, 5-10 years will just bring more argument, no evidence!

11 hours ago, shaaark said:

And there's me getting all 'serious' eh?!! 

Well, and this is just a suggestion,  if you are well read, and I do happen to think you are, and you do have an interest in big cats in britain, and not just this thread, why don't you do a bit more reading up on the subject, and maybe give us all a bit more to discuss on here?  ?

Contrary to what you believe mate ,I have done a fair amount of research but and I’m sorry to keep banging on about the same thing ,everything I looked into drew a blank .

I used to work on an estate in Gloucester that was huge ,encompassed the outskirts of Cirencester ,up to Birdlip Hill and almost to Cheltenham if you know that area and sighting were rife throughout the area .

Despite rigging up baits and lamping 4 nights a week for 3 years we never saw nothing that was actually a large cat .Few stray dogs and farm cats but nothing large .

Various sightings around where I live turned out to be a pair of stray dogs ,one of which I shot worrying sheep .Was a black lab cross thing and very athletic looking .

Maybe I’ve been unlucky ,maybe I’m not looking in the right places but I’m very happy with the fact that the sightings I’ve heard about were not large cats .

Im still very interested as you state but need that little bit extra to convince me to take it seriously  once again .

Hopefully the thread or a meet with the man himself will go some to change my mind but as of yet I see nothing that can’t be explained .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Contrary to what you believe mate ,I have done a fair amount of research but and I’m sorry to keep banging on about the same thing ,everything I looked into drew a blank .

I used to work on an estate in Gloucester that was huge ,encompassed the outskirts of Cirencester ,up to Birdlip Hill and almost to Cheltenham if you know that area and sighting were rife throughout the area .

Despite rigging up baits and lamping 4 nights a week for 3 years we never saw nothing that was actually a large cat .Few stray dogs and farm cats but nothing large .

Various sightings around where I live turned out to be a pair of stray dogs ,one of which I shot worrying sheep .Was a black lab cross thing and very athletic looking .

Maybe I’ve been unlucky ,maybe I’m not looking in the right places but I’m very happy with the fact that the sightings I’ve heard about were not large cats .

Im still very interested as you state but need that little bit extra to convince me to take it seriously  once again .

Hopefully the thread or a meet with the man himself will go some to change my mind but as of yet I see nothing that can’t be explained .

??? are you going to see him?????

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I"m liking your train on thought FD.

I to have never seen a big cat even though I'm an old f****r now done years of shooting foxes, rabbits and few other thing before the law changed. As said before was doing it for pelts frowned on now with the fur trade gone. Lamping at least 3 nights a week skinning the other days only once did I see some eyes that I knew were different. Can't say it was a Big cat but it was animal quite large and covered some ground very bright eyes, who knows.

But mates I shot, dug and ferreted with have seen them as I have said before. Their accounts are very convincing and not just fleeting glances and I believe them as I have said before, and the accounts never seem to change. So I am 100% convinced there out there not some many mind as in the 80's and 90's but there are still a few good sightings.

Cheers Arry

31 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Right boys thanks for the 1000 of guesses .hahaaaa. The footprints in the sand( that’s not a song  by the way) was all badger they had stripped this sheep out from its arsehole up.

We were too scared to mention it mate ?

• Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic