1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Sooner the better as far as I,m  concerned, I think I,ve made contact with all the proper country people on here all I seem to be left with are the same old group that don’t seem to be able to absorb any information, so they just keep asking the same thing every few weeks even though it’s been answered many times before then they start crying accusing me of being nasty like a bunch of damp minges when I get bored of telling them the same thing over and over again, it’s been good and I,ve made many good contacts and a few lifelong friends but the little baying bitchs like yourself I could more than do without in my life so please feel free to close it down but do ask Forest of Dean redneck first as it was actually his thread ??

I'd always keen to learn, absorb information but we're not really getting down to data or answers so one at a time.

Shall we start with Road kill.

For the endangered Florida panther, more than 85% of recorded panther deaths were due to vehicles in 2020, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.”.

In the past 60 months 23 leopards have been recorded as killed due to road accidents in the southern Indian state of Karnataka alone. 

We seem to have a noticeable lack of roadkill in the UK in spite of numerous studies into the subject such as the one below.

PTES.ORG

Taking part in Mammals on Roads? Look at our frequently asked questions to help you and find out more about how we use the data.

The reality is, if this was lying by the side of the road in the UK it would be all over social media, the news, and have national interest in minutes.

image.png.7f92b86ad9fe97c59bd80ba3757fefb9.png

image.png.0a39ceeee55908c897baa73426fced4d.png

image.png.75ea370a53898ce20d2789c4e48aba94.png

Yet we have this.

a common or garden moggy.

So the question to be answered is if we have big cats in the hundreds, mainly leopard and cougars, with comparatively numerous fast busy roads crossing their territories why do we never get any road kills when this is a massive impact everywhere else?

• Like 2

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, paulus said:

My thoughts are simple, i believe in the odd big cat, In fact i have actually seen the body of a shot Puma in real life, not a photo or a recollection of a sighting by someone, admittedly this was a good few years ago now, Do i believe there are others still out there? Yes and No ? Its a lot like UFO`s all the proof is out there and yet no proof is out there, Keeping an open mind is always the best option, This is the reason this thread will remain open as the questions are still unanswered.

?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Sooner the better as far as I,m  concerned, I think I,ve made contact with all the proper country people on here all I seem to be left with are the same old group that don’t seem to be able to absorb any information, so they just keep asking the same thing every few weeks even though it’s been answered many times before then they start crying accusing me of being nasty like a bunch of damp minges when I get bored of telling them the same thing over and over again, it’s been good and I,ve made many good contacts and a few lifelong friends but the little baying bitchs like yourself I could more than do without in my life so please feel free to close it down but do ask Forest of Dean redneck first as it was actually his thread ??

this thread is not about you though is it greyman 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, greg64 said:

this thread is not about you though is it greyman 

It is when you keep asking me to answer the same thing once a fortnight, if you can be bothered look back at how many times I’ve answered sandy queer about the roadkills in America, it just gets tiresome so please feel free to carry on I’m sure foxdropper can answer all your query,s as he seems to have his finger on the pulse regarding what goes on in the wilds of the uk, I don’t suffer fools in my real life so why should I on a forum ???

2 hours ago, paulus said:

My thoughts are simple, i believe in the odd big cat, In fact i have actually seen the body of a shot Puma in real life, not a photo or a recollection of a sighting by someone, admittedly this was a good few years ago now, Do i believe there are others still out there? Yes and No ? Its a lot like UFO`s all the proof is out there and yet no proof is out there, Keeping an open mind is always the best option, This is the reason this thread will remain open as the questions are still unanswered.

I’d love to here the story regarding the puma, but also find it quite telling how you can make a statement like that and not one question, like Harry has had loads of experiences to relay he gets told his mates all made mistakes and they just ignore all the links he puts up, which to me just shows that certain people don’t want answers they just like bickering, ??

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It is when you keep asking me to answer the same thing once a fortnight, if you can be bothered look back at how many times I’ve answered sandy queer about the roadkills in America, it just gets tiresome so please feel free to carry on I’m sure foxdropper can answer all your query,s as he seems to have his finger on the pulse regarding what goes on in the wilds of the uk, I don’t suffer fools in my real life so why should I on a forum ???

Because a forum is not the real world, That's the whole point. Just choose to ignore unless you want to answer. As i have said previously, I can not make my mind up either way on breeding populations but i will say with 100% certainty that there have been big cats at large in the countryside in the past, For me to believe there still is, I would have to be saying that there is a breeding population, Something i just don't think is possible. But i could be proven wrong, 

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

I'd always keen to learn, absorb information but we're not really getting down to data or answers so one at a time.

Shall we start with Road kill.

For the endangered Florida panther, more than 85% of recorded panther deaths were due to vehicles in 2020, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.”.

In the past 60 months 23 leopards have been recorded as killed due to road accidents in the southern Indian state of Karnataka alone. 

We seem to have a noticeable lack of roadkill in the UK in spite of numerous studies into the subject such as the one below.

PTES.ORG

Taking part in Mammals on Roads? Look at our frequently asked questions to help you and find out more about how we use the data.

The reality is, if this was lying by the side of the road in the UK it would be all over social media, the news, and have national interest in minutes.

image.png.7f92b86ad9fe97c59bd80ba3757fefb9.png

image.png.0a39ceeee55908c897baa73426fced4d.png

image.png.75ea370a53898ce20d2789c4e48aba94.png

Yet we have this.

a common or garden moggy.

So the question to be answered is if we have big cats in the hundreds, mainly leopard and cougars, with comparatively numerous fast busy roads crossing their territories why do we never get any road kills when this is a massive impact everywhere else?

"The reality is, if this was lying by the side of the road in the UK it would be all over social media, the news, and have national interest in minutes"

Very true. This blew up a storm big time on social media, and in the newspapers.

0_PAY-Kennedy-News-and-Media.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, EDDIE B said:

"The reality is, if this was lying by the side of the road in the UK it would be all over social media, the news, and have national interest in minutes"

Very true. This blew up a storm big time on social media, and in the newspapers.

That's some tarts dressing gown ?

4 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I do miss Bett Lynch

• paulus locked this topic