As kids we had a blow up gorilla, we used to put it on top of a hedge in the countryside and when a car come we would pull a line attached to it just as the lights got on it,we also had a fake human head, we d lay it in the verge covered in ketchup and pull it thre the hedge. Cars would screech off , or some would reverse at speed???

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

My mate had a elvis suit, and after a few beers one of us would lie in the field watching ( and laughing our bollox off) and the other would do an elvis style dance/ walk towards the car in the middle of a country lane. Can imagine what the locals used to say about it?

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

My mate had a elvis suit, and after a few beers one of us would lie in the field watching ( and laughing our bollox off) and the other would do an elvis style dance/ walk towards the car in the middle of a country lane. Can imagine what the locals used to say about it?

your mate had a Elvis suit on stand by on a night out ? I can imagine what they said I bet it was yeah neither of you could pull a bird and you are lonesome tonight  ? 

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, paulus said:

I am not admitting to being a part of this, BUT a good few years ago a mate of mine came up with an idea whilst we were sat in the Pub one evening, Every Thursday morning there was a group of elderly ladies who went on a walk up one of the local lanes. watching birds and other wildlife through binoculars, A plan was hatched, a stuffed mountain lion was borrowed and the place chosen for it to be placed, Lets just say it worked brilliant, In fact so brilliant a local member of Her Majesties Constabulary had to be told before it all got out of hand. 

Don't believe you.

On 06/12/2022 at 05:26, EDDIE B said:

Wolfy, what's your take on it? Apart from native cat species, there must be escaped leopards, tigers  etc, breeding in the wild over there?

Surprisingly no. As far as I'm aware that is. Anytime a big cat goes missing form a zoo or private deal it's a MASSIVE deal and their dealt with extremely quickly. That being said wouldn't surprise me if theres some exotic ranch who has them breeding on the down low. Hell they have everything things elese might as well have some free ranging lion prides next to the orax ?

That being said though cats are a special type of animal, honestly if given enough time they will adapt to living around people to the point they will legit be living right under your nose and you won't have a cule till they get bold. Look at California and their mouth lion problems in urban areas.

I full believe their could be a small breeding population of some sord of large....ish cat species in the UK. Why hasn't one bene seen or bones /skeleton found? Well look at it like this. How many people in the UK are out there in the woods and rural area that much ? How many trail cams are out in the UK ? A hell of a lot less then the US hell probably less then most states and even then with all the hunter trail cams hikers ect we have out , it's still pretty dang rare to see a lot of our cat species.

Like I've stated before we have confirmed jaguars migrate from Mexico up though the southwest US and their almost never seen. It was commonly believed they where extinct till recent years with the help of trail cam studies.

Not to mention cats roam a lot. Talk to anyone who traps Bob's lynx or Mt. Lions. Just about eveyone will tell you by the time you find a track or a fully eaten kill or scat that car can be miles away doing a 1-4 week loop.  That's why I always roll my eyes when I see people talking about finding a track and setting up there for a day then getting pissed when they don't see anything, like yeah man no shit .

If you can find it the documentary,the trapper and the jungle showed this very well when there was a conservation trapper trying to trap either of leopard or jag in the Amazon .

That being said do I think their could be some big cat over there , definitely, so I think it's a friggen lion or something....nah.  my money is on something like a bobcat.   

One more thing I'd like to point out is , unless you know what your doing or looking for , the average person will not see a cat if that cat doesn't wanna be seen or heard.  Have had a few trapping buddies show me this with bobcats . You'll have one in a trap on a drag and 10' of chain.. you see a video of them following the drag marks , find the drag look at the end of the chain and unless you saw the trap and followed it up to that cat you would not have noticed it. They don't move or make a sound. It's crazy.

And big cats, well, was talking with a fella who would go out west to hike alot. Said in area with high lion populations eveyone carried hand guns because it wasn't uncommon at all to get stalled by lions on the trails. Said you'd NEVER. See one. Said you walk a 5mi trail get to the end take a 30min break and when you'd walk it back you'd have lion track right next to yours . Not uncommon at all.  Now what's all the babbling mean ? Well just to illustrate how good they are at going unnoticed. That combined with a population thats. It heavy into goin past the thinking trails and parks ....wellllll.... Possibilitys.

One more thing is I know people will as " well why haven't we found a skeleton or skulls ?!" I'm just saying it's pretty weird thing to just not find skeletons of preators..idk why that is but I've never found a bobcat carcass but I know theirs a really good population around here. Asked peoel who live in bear and lion country and they never find either of those. Why ??

Then again who knows maybe the government just has some guys running around snatching them up everytime they pop up ? I mean seriously would you put it past them ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Why not import some mountain lion hounds and have them at the ready for the next strong sighting 

I,m a bit old and will probably not get anymore dogs once mine are gone, but if I did I would just get some shit from the zoos and train it to detect scat, I don’t think we have the room to allow a pack of hounds to go off after cats like they do in the states but maybe one on a long line would help ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Why not import some mountain lion hounds and have them at the ready for the next strong sighting 

Any decent tracking dog honesty. All lion dogs do is track and tree for the most part now days . Seem slike a great opportunity for all the super houndsmen on here

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Surprisingly no. As far as I'm aware that is. Anytime a big cat goes missing form a zoo or private deal it's a MASSIVE deal and their dealt with extremely quickly. That being said wouldn't surprise me if theres some exotic ranch who has them breeding on the down low. Hell they have everything things elese might as well have some free ranging lion prides next to the orax ?

That being said though cats are a special type of animal, honestly if given enough time they will adapt to living around people to the point they will legit be living right under your nose and you won't have a cule till they get bold. Look at California and their mouth lion problems in urban areas.

I full believe their could be a small breeding population of some sord of large....ish cat species in the UK. Why hasn't one bene seen or bones /skeleton found? Well look at it like this. How many people in the UK are out there in the woods and rural area that much ? How many trail cams are out in the UK ? A hell of a lot less then the US hell probably less then most states and even then with all the hunter trail cams hikers ect we have out , it's still pretty dang rare to see a lot of our cat species.

Like I've stated before we have confirmed jaguars migrate from Mexico up though the southwest US and their almost never seen. It was commonly believed they where extinct till recent years with the help of trail cam studies.

Not to mention cats roam a lot. Talk to anyone who traps Bob's lynx or Mt. Lions. Just about eveyone will tell you by the time you find a track or a fully eaten kill or scat that car can be miles away doing a 1-4 week loop.  That's why I always roll my eyes when I see people talking about finding a track and setting up there for a day then getting pissed when they don't see anything, like yeah man no shit .

If you can find it the documentary,the trapper and the jungle showed this very well when there was a conservation trapper trying to trap either of leopard or jag in the Amazon .

That being said do I think their could be some big cat over there , definitely, so I think it's a friggen lion or something....nah.  my money is on something like a bobcat.   

One more thing I'd like to point out is , unless you know what your doing or looking for , the average person will not see a cat if that cat doesn't wanna be seen or heard.  Have had a few trapping buddies show me this with bobcats . You'll have one in a trap on a drag and 10' of chain.. you see a video of them following the drag marks , find the drag look at the end of the chain and unless you saw the trap and followed it up to that cat you would not have noticed it. They don't move or make a sound. It's crazy.

And big cats, well, was talking with a fella who would go out west to hike alot. Said in area with high lion populations eveyone carried hand guns because it wasn't uncommon at all to get stalled by lions on the trails. Said you'd NEVER. See one. Said you walk a 5mi trail get to the end take a 30min break and when you'd walk it back you'd have lion track right next to yours . Not uncommon at all.  Now what's all the babbling mean ? Well just to illustrate how good they are at going unnoticed. That combined with a population thats. It heavy into goin past the thinking trails and parks ....wellllll.... Possibilitys.

One more thing is I know people will as " well why haven't we found a skeleton or skulls ?!" I'm just saying it's pretty weird thing to just not find skeletons of preators..idk why that is but I've never found a bobcat carcass but I know theirs a really good population around here. Asked peoel who live in bear and lion country and they never find either of those. Why ??

Then again who knows maybe the government just has some guys running around snatching them up everytime they pop up ? I mean seriously would you put it past them ?

You should get in touch with sandy he finds body’s all the time from his armchair ?

2 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Said you walk a 5mi trail get to the end take a 30min break and when you'd walk it back you'd have lion track right next to yours . 

Had that with tiger ??

IMG_20221209_155417.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic