6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

What gets me though is going by the number of reported sightings and such they aren't all that elusive if these are true. 

Don't you think that by now that someone who has an interest in them would have got some good quality footage of them? 

And like as been said by me and a few others, if there is breeding populations spreading about making their own territories then why have none been found dead on the roadside, that would be inevitable by now IMO. 

does not stand up at all.how many pet cats in the uk and i for one have never seen a pet cat dead on the side of the road in the 30 years that i have been driving

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I think that right but. Hiw many birds are flying about.  How often do you see  dead birds ? Sounds stupid but a serious question

Quite a few at the roadside but the difference is birds can fly, animals on foot must cross roads on foot. You just have to see the number of deer, badgers, foxes splattered on the carriageways. 

Even if a handful got killed a year on the roads one would have been photographed or filmed by now, talk of this big secret is just rubbish if you ask me. 

We have bigger things to worry about than a few big cats roaming the countryside, does anyone really believe there would be this mass hysteria? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

does not stand up at all.how many pet cats in the uk and i for one have never seen a pet cat dead on the side of the road in the 30 years that i have been driving

Maybe you shouldn't be driving then, you must be as blind as a bat. ?

You've seriously never seen a dead cat at the roadside in 30 years of driving? 

What about whilst walking on the streets? 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 2

Tbh I'm the same never seen a dead cat lying 

I've seen a good few dead moggies in my time and I'm certain many others on here will have. ?

I think a quick search on the Web would show them in their gory detail. ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Tbh I'm the same never seen a dead cat lying 

Come on , everyone, including GM has seen a few cats knocked over ....lets keep it half sensible. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just a little tale that may be relevant;

Many years ago, an English doctor friend of mine was driving along a remote road in Saudi Arabia and he came upon a dead Arabian Leopard at the side of the road, an extremely rare and endangered feline.

He told me three things went through his mind;

1; report it to the authorities as the law required and go through all the hassle, and possibly be accused of killing it.

2; throw it in the back of his car, take it back to his surgery, skin it and send the hide to a taxidermist.

3; drive past without stopping, and tell only close friends about it.

He chose option three .

Cheers.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

The domestic cat thing holds no weight in my arguement anyway. Theres an estimated 11 million pet cats in the uk so a few dead bodies is a lot more likely than finding the body of a sole big cat that's been turfed out every few years 

This is where Greyman let's himself down though. 

Instead of giving us details on what and where we are left guessing the important details. 

One minute it's a panther the next minute a puma. 

It would be nice to know the locations each species of cat frequents so at least we can grasp things. 

At least give us some info on estimated numbers and such. 

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

This is where Greyman let's himself down though. 

Instead of giving us details on what and where we are left guessing the important details. 

One minute it's a panther the next minute a puma. 

It would be nice to know the locations each species of cat frequents so at least we can grasp things. 

If you’ve only just caught up with that notion  Greb ,welcome aboard buddy .
Confusion keeps you coming back for more ,confusion keeps the myth alive .They arnt interested in facts.A good story can’t be refuted without calling the teller a liar . 
The myth will go on and on and on the same as it’s ever been ,nothing proved ,no facts ,only grainy pics and whispered stories .

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I've hit two and seen at a guess twenty odd dead on the road....

Yeah, out of 11 million. Don't know the number of big cats in britain, but it must be a miniscule amount compared to domestic moggies, so just on that score, the likelihood of seeing one ran over must be incredibly small  on any road, motorway  country lane or whatever

What would you say to the idea that a few could be here as pets and become to much to handle and get turfed out on some remote location ? get spotted the odd time then die ?

That's a very strong possibility

21 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What would you say to the idea that a few could be here as pets and become to much to handle and get turfed out on some remote location ? get spotted the odd time then die ?

I doubt it is that easy to get hold of them and to do so don't you think they would be committed to owning one? 

The costs and responsibility involved must be high, if they truly did want to give them up don't you think that they would hand them over to a sanctuary or zoo rather than set them free and risk them killing someone. 

Which sort of people would keep them only to get fed up after a while? The odd drug dealer? 

I agree though out of all the possibilities that's the likely scenario if it were to be true. 

Edited by Greb147
19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If you’ve only just caught up with that notion  Greb ,welcome aboard buddy .
Confusion keeps you coming back for more ,confusion keeps the myth alive .They arnt interested in facts.A good story can’t be refuted without calling the teller a liar . 
The myth will go on and on and on the same as it’s ever been ,nothing proved ,no facts ,only grainy pics and whispered stories .

That's another thing I can't get my head around, there is plenty more people like Greyman who are convinced that they live here and are searching for them.

How long does this take ffs, recall that young lad who claimed he was clawed by a leopard? That must be at least 20 years ago now surely? 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Greyman said:

I think what you don’t get is a breeding population is not going to make a massive impact all at once it could be half a dozen being born in a year and maybe one of those may be of a cross bred nature, it does not have to be a puma and a leopard as you keep referring to, we had a conversations about raccoons which it is accepted are now breeding in England, not very stealthy animals probably a lot more than 500 in the uk yet when I asked if anyone had a picture of one, not one person myself included could without taking it down from the net, one person claimed to have been within 3ft of one but still no picture, if there were 500 fox or any other common species in the uk we would all struggle to locate them, you keep going on about it’s only escapes yet you have put up some cracking videos off of you tube and if you stopped and digested things a bit you would realise that the sheep photos I put up from Bodmin moor has been killed by an animal that has been taught by its parents to hunt, not by an animal that has spent most of its life in a cage being fed a diet of meat cuts, and it’s the same with most of the carcasses we find, they have one bite mark to throat or nose a hole in through the ribs and all vital organs removed and eaten first, this cannot be taught in a zoo ?

Not far from. Seems they're getting about. 

Screenshot_20201009_231056_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201009_231104_com.android.chrome.jpg

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic