• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

So why not harvest that drive and  use pheromones to lure cats to a camera .Male and female would turn up for a sniff ,if they were there that is .

Anywhere else, they just put camera traps on kills and get pics of the culprit coming back for another feed ?

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What would you say to the idea that a few could be here as pets and become to much to handle and get turfed out on some remote location ? get spotted the odd time then die ?

I’d say very feasible mate but I’d still like to see the pics and or bodies .Anything released gets seen ,reported and either ignored or shot .

Lets say a cat is released having spent time in a cage ,fed and watered by humans .That cat ain’t going all sas from day one and would hang round human habitat brazen as anything until it learnt food wasn’t coming it’s way .So unless that cat was kept in a cage in outer Hebrides someone would see it ,report it and it would be trapped or shot .Remember the escaped lynx that made a few weeks before capture ,a cat half the size of a leopard ,dosnt need such large prey therefore a lower profile but still it was  captured .

The veil under which all this is conducted is its downfall .

If they got together for a national push to prove once and for  all they were there or not they would get some credibility but they are very happy for it to be shrouded in secrecy so nobody can be publically called out as a liar ,except on here of course ?

Every shred of so called evidence I’ve seen can be refuted without the back up of real tracks ,pics on the kill  or actual footage of the kill .Lets not forget nothing dies in silence despite the claims leopards kill quietly .Look on YouTube you will see even the smallest prey screams before the throat hold .Has anybody heard a kill ,ever ?

For me the whole thing smacks of a myth . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've hit two and seen at a guess twenty odd dead on the road....

My mate took his misses out for a meal on Valentine’s Day and squashed one On his way which really set the mood ??

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Francie said:

Were did the racoon come from dogman? 

They are another species of animal that live in the uk, when I asked someone for a photo of one my biggest critic and the forums greatest hunter had the audacity to claim to have seen one running along a road was within 3ft of it yet still has not produced the photo, oh the irony of it ???

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What you think of my theory mate. People getting them as pets the  realising what's involved and letting them loose.  Maybe why sightings every few years and then nothing no body found etc?

My problem is that rules have tightened massively with regard to ownership and as we said we don’t no how many are illegally smuggled in, then there is the other problem I have is that I do get a couple of sightings early summer most years of a big one with a smaller one in tow so in my own mind there is no doubt that breeding does take place, I,ve been saying there is a lot of natural behaviour, which only comes with something familiar with its surroundings not something just turned loose, I don’t doubt for one minute one or two may get here illegally and some may eventually be turned loose, but the majority of what i see shows all the signs of an animal comfortable and familiar with its surroundings, might be as few as 5/6 a year that’s the bit that I really don’t have a clue about but the rest of it I,m in no doubt is happening to some degree or another ? 

14 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What you think of my theory mate. People getting them as pets the  realising what's involved and letting them loose.  Maybe why sightings every few years and then nothing no body found etc?

That would be my guess, and I stress, it's only a GUESS,

Once the owner realised the huge cost of feeding, vet bills, housing, etc, and the fact their little bundle of fur was turning into a huge, unmanageable beast and they'd made a big mistake, releasing it would be the easiest thing to do.

Big cats were very popular during the 60's and 70's until the wild animals act was introduced and Licenses and regulations came in. 

Cheers.

• Like 2
Just now, Greyman said:

My problem is that rules have tightened massively with regard to ownership and as we said we don’t no how many are illegally smuggled in, then there is the other problem I have is that I do get a couple of sightings early summer most years of a big one with a smaller one in tow so in my own mind there is no doubt that breeding does take place, I,ve been saying there is a lot of natural behaviour, which only comes with something familiar with its surroundings not something just turned loose, I don’t doubt for one minute one or two may get here illegally and some may eventually be turned loose, but the majority of what i see shows all the signs of an animal comfortable and familiar with its surroundings, might be as few as 5/6 a year that’s the bit that I really don’t have a clue about but the rest of it I,m in no doubt is happening to some degree or another ? 

Can you give us more info on all the cats known to you? 

Species and locations would be a big help. 

12 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Just a little tale that may be relevant;

Many years ago, an English doctor friend of mine was driving along a remote road in Saudi Arabia and he came upon a dead Arabian Leopard at the side of the road, an extremely rare and endangered feline.

He told me three things went through his mind;

1; report it to the authorities as the law required and go through all the hassle, and possibly be accused of killing it.

2; throw it in the back of his car, take it back to his surgery, skin it and send the hide to a taxidermist.

3; drive past without stopping, and tell only close friends about it.

He chose option three .

Cheers.

Lol. Have you been on Facebook ? 5 minutes fame with no downside and there is no law re notification in the UK, no taxidermist would touch it without the proper paperwork so the relevant part is even extremely rare cats suffer from road kill. 

Just now, chartpolski said:

That would be my guess, and I stress, it's only a GUESS,

Once the owner realised the huge cost of feeding, vet bills, housing, etc, and the fact their little bundle of fur was turning into a huge, unmanageable beast and they'd made a big mistake, releasing it would be the easiest thing to do.

Big cats were very popular during the 60's and 70's until the wild animals act was introduced and Licenses and regulations came in. 

Cheers.

Don't you think they would know all this though before they imported one? 

If I was set on a Tiger, I know full well it will turn out to be a 500lb stripey f****r that eats like a Hoss. ?

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Can you give us more info on all the cats known to you? 

Species and locations would be a big help. 

Have you had a look on the Podcast that Greyman talks of and Wikipedia mate loads of info.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic