4 minutes ago, bell said:

But with a sheep attack GM the farmer wont move his sheep if one is lost would he ?......why wouldn’t the cat settle in the area and just keep taking them ?

I no that but imprinting on the brain just makes predators pretty nomadic, also sheep are a lot less taken than deer judging by the numbers we get, and most sheep get reported but no one reports deer, the dipping of sheep is really off putting,I mentioned before the estate in Scotland that was loosing up to 4 sheep a week, suspected mother and cub, so as an experiment half the flock were dipped and from then on only undipped sheep disappeared, in Bodmin in the 80s a farmer put poison on the necks of his sheep after getting a hammering, from that day on the cat went from the lambs to the ewes which it had never touched until the day after the poison was put on ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

So let's say a male leopard is running loose in the UK is he going to think I'll only have a 5mile territory with no females in it or he he going to branch out further in hope of overlapping with a,female?

I don't think Leopards live in hope, I very much doubt they will wander hundreds of miles with the hope of finding a mate when there's no signs given from a female. 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I don't think Leopards live in hope, I very much doubt they will wander hundreds of miles with the hope of finding a mate when there's no signs given from a female. 

It’s nature mate I believe they would every wild animal lives to breed imo 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

It’s nature mate I believe they would every wild animal lives to breed imo 

It's no good wandering around though if there's nothing to breed with. 

In their natural habitat there is females in their territory, being an escapee from England in the middle of nowhere is another matter. 

Edited by Greb147
5 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

How do they know that?

It's the whole nature over nurture argument

Ok then, so a Leopard may travel from Devonshire to Yorkshire in the hope to find a mate? 

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Ok then, so a Leopard may travel from Devonshire to Yorkshire in the hope to find a mate? 

Yes it's a possibility of the leopard can't smell another male why wouldn't it?

Anyway I think we're going too be going round in circles so I'll leave it at that. ?

2 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Yes it's a possibility of the leopard can't smell another male why wouldn't it?

Anyway I think we're going too be going round in circles so I'll leave it at that. ?

It would do all that after escaping from captivity, passing all humans and vehicles without being spotted or getting killed by a motor? 

Yeah it's pointless, I don't think what if' scenarios are helping the case when some people are claiming there are breeding populations over here. 

I don't buy it at all but if it were to be true then the odd escapee or released animal seems much more probable IMO. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It would do all that after escaping from captivity, passing all humans and vehicles without being spotted or getting killed by a motor? 

Yeah it's pointless, I don't think what if' scenarios are helping the case when some people are claiming there are breeding populations over here. 

I don't buy it at all but if it were to be true then the odd escapee or released animal seems much more probable IMO. 

???

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Much more likely there may be a male on Bodmin and a female on Dartmoor, and there would have been years when they never found a mate,  they are now showing up in certain areas at certain times of the year which indicates they are travelling in a circuit which would encompass a female or two and as this carry’s on happening the young will spread out and the territory’s will get smaller this is when we will get to a point that people will spot them a bit more regularly, I totally get it is just an assumption and you have to take a lot of what I say at face value but I’m really not into bullshit, as time goes on I am finding it easier to predict were I will find sign especially in the winter and eventually I will have my cameras in place waiting instead of chasing ?

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

I reckon they would, snow leopards territories cover hundreds of miles due to there being f**k all to eat or shag. I reckon a male leopard would expand his territory exponentially until he met another's territory. Just guessing and still a sceptic though

• Like 1

Christ there’s some imaginations out there .

Its turning into one of those things where the more shit is spouted the more the next poster  wants to add .

Why not get some ‘in season ‘leopard piss from one of these zoos apparently complacent with cats here in the uk .
They could do there bit in the ultimate pic .Bring males  in for miles with pheromones but wait a minute ,nothing proactive is ever done because that’s too much like admitting they ain’t there when it dosnt work .Why not shoot deer ,beg farm kills and set up trail cams on them in known spots if they are carrion eaters .

Its getting very straw grabbing lads ,can we keep to facts not fiction .
All the guess work and conjecture in the world still won’t magic something that clearly ain’t there .

3 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I reckon they would, snow leopards territories cover hundreds of miles due to there being f**k all to eat or shag. I reckon a male leopard would expand his territory exponentially until he met another's territory. Just guessing and still a sceptic though

But that's the thing, there is plenty of food for them over here. 

At the end of the day feeding comes before f***ing. ?

16 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But that's the thing, there is plenty of food for them over here. 

At the end of the day feeding comes before f***ing. ?

I don't agree plenty animals will fight to the death for a f**k not many will for a feed. Stags tigers etc. I thought you were some sort of cat expert anyhow you should know these things?

Ask your mate ihunter he seemed be into it too.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I'm not sure what's that supposed to mean, a kill is a kill. 

A cat will either kill an animal or it won't. 

The facts are cats don't need their mother to learn them how to kill, if that was the case then no escaped big cat in the UK would survive to reproduce in the first place.

Domestic cats have one of the highest kill rates of any cat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic