1 minute ago, Arry said:

Have you had a look on the Podcast that Greyman talks of and Wikipedia mate loads of info.

Cheers Arry

No I haven't fella. 

Would be good to know where the leopards are, where the cougars are etc. 

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

You want to think in the 60s-70s there was a lot of exotic pets for sale in the exchange and mart.A lot of them were purchased from there and some released on the Yorkshire moors to,the last one they can trace was a Man from Scarborough who apparently did release it on there.

8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Don't you think they would know all this though before they imported one? 

If I was set on a Tiger, I know full well it will turn out to be a 500lb stripey f****r that eats like a Hoss. ?

It's  very well documented the people who had big cats back then. 

Most of them were the avant guarde lotus eaters of the time, or rich aristocrats .

I wouldn't class either as the most sensible people.

I mentioned previously a vet I knew who took on a lion cub, it was got rid of when it became unmanageable, both physically and financially, you'd have thought he would have guessed at the outcome, but sometimes the heart rules the head !

Cheers.

Just now, Greb147 said:

No I haven't fella. 

Would be good to know where the leopards are, where the cougars are etc. 

Think they travel a lot. We get a lot of sighting down here especial near Dartmoor Zoo who used to have four female Pumas. I imagine when they are in season it attaches males. Keeper have seen big cats out side the wire, quite a lot of sightings around that area and the account I gave on my mate seeing one when cleaning out gutters on a bungalow where he watch one for twenty minutes was just a few miles from the Zoo.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Arry said:

Think they travel a lot. We get a lot of sighting down here especial near Dartmoor Zoo who used to have four female Pumas. I imagine when they are in season it attaches males. Keeper have seen big cats out side the wire, quite a lot of sightings around that area and the account I gave on my mate seeing one when cleaning out gutters on a bungalow where he watch one for twenty minutes was just a few miles from the Zoo.

Cheers Arry

It seems as though they are attracted to the females then? 

I'm sure they will be back when the females come in to heat, a perfect opportunity to get some high-rez footage of one. 

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It seems as though they are attracted to the females then? 

I'm sure they will be back when the females come in to heat, a perfect opportunity to get some high-rez footage of one. 

You would think so but the surrounding area is large on the side of Dartmoor.

10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Any pics to back any of that up mate .Zoo surely has but I guess they are part of the nationwide cover up big cat society .

I no idea mate you would think it would be a good opportunity. The one thing they might be guarded about maybe is them getting the blame for them being there. After all some of the Big cat sightings on Dartmoor might be down to some being released on the way to the zoo.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-mystery-of-the-beast-of-dartmoor-has-apparently-been-solved

Cheers Arry

43 minutes ago, Greyman said:

My problem is that rules have tightened massively with regard to ownership and as we said we don’t no how many are illegally smuggled in, then there is the other problem I have is that I do get a couple of sightings early summer most years of a big one with a smaller one in tow so in my own mind there is no doubt that breeding does take place, I,ve been saying there is a lot of natural behaviour, which only comes with something familiar with its surroundings not something just turned loose, I don’t doubt for one minute one or two may get here illegally and some may eventually be turned loose, but the majority of what i see shows all the signs of an animal comfortable and familiar with its surroundings, might be as few as 5/6 a year that’s the bit that I really don’t have a clue about but the rest of it I,m in no doubt is happening to some degree or another ? 

Are people with private collections etc subject to regular inspections? Whats to stop them releasing an unplanned litter when they're old enough to survive by themselves, or would they not get away with it?

3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

They didn't know Francie it wasn't chipped and nobody came forward to claim it. Only happen last week. 

I just seen the news report on it, said it escapeed from a secure facility lol not that secure lad, there must be somewere who has then for some reason? 

Not far from me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Lol. Have you been on Facebook ? 5 minutes fame with no downside and there is no law re notification in the UK, no taxidermist would touch it without the proper paperwork so the relevant part is even extremely rare cats suffer from road kill. 

I'm not on FB, and don't understand your reference to it.

There IS a law in Saudi to report certain endangered species, what's the UK got to do with it ?

If you think there's not taxidermists in the Middle East or Africa or Asia who would do a leopard, or any other species, then you are mistaken, once again, I wasn't talking about the UK .

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic