2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Until we see any shred  of evidence mate ,I’m going to rip the piss and only then will I concede I’m wrong .

Surely with all the tech we have at our disposal ,someone should get a decent pic of a large cat in the British countryside .

You believers are worse than the spotters .At least it’s clear they are on the windup but to believe someone on hearsay is the mark of a un evoluted mind .

Are you the same with ufo’s  and Elvis 

If you went on some sort of forum for people interested in the solar system or religion music you might come across folk believing in Ufo's/Elvis/God.....and this is a hunting/countryside forum mate you are bound to come across people believing in big cats in the wild i cant see the problem...if you think its total 100% bollocks then what holds your interest ?.....to be honest i think there probably isnt either but if theres a remote possibility there is then i find it an interesting enough subject to keep an eye on....i dont know what the hostility in your posts stems from but personally ive found this one of the best topics on here in years ok im a dumb city boy what do i know but its still a fascinating subject.

• Like 5

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Just now, king said:

I was telling the brother in law about lamping bunny's.

You must be crazy walking around fields in the dark he said.thats when badgers come out.and they attack your legs and they have rabies.and he was serious. the lad is nearly 40yr old.

? I've heard equally as strange shit myself ?

Just now, Daniel cain said:

? I've heard equally as strange shit myself ?

What I'm worried about is the slight chance that he is right.i might get rid of the dogs and all my hunting kit ? it's deadly out there lol

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What makes it more interesting is the lengths greyman goes to if that makes sense. If it was just eh they might be out there the thread wouldn't be half as interesting. The fact greyman does quite a bit keeps it going.

That's right enough.he clearly ain't a nut case type person who's lost the plot.

He comes across as a decent lad.but believes in the big cats.and as you say he's out there walking looking placing trail cams etc.

A sane man keen to seek the truth.nothing wrong with that..

No knock on Greyman but I think he's hooked on the romance of the subject. 

No way on earth there is around 500 roaming our shores like these "experts" predict. 

I just think the odds of a bedding population out there is slim to none. 

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

No knock on Greyman but I think he's hooked on the romance of the subject. 

No way on earth there is around 500 roaming our shores like these "experts" predict. 

I just think the odds of a bedding population out there is slim to none. 

Tbf to greyman he says hes seen one so is out looking for proof . I dont quite get what you mean the romance of it

And as far as "experts" go anybody can claim to be a expert,  and a few of them seem absolute nutters in their claims. But papers and online news will go to them for their headline because "500 big cats roaming the uk!!" Is better for clicks than "people examining tooth mark in skulls are continuing their research" 

And the UFO , ghosts comparisons are comical . Their is actually big cats in this world and everybody knows it . Theirs no question,  its just their location that is the talking points (not aimed at greb)

Edited by Welsh_red
Spelling
  • Like 5

You never know whats out there.  Forest Galante has found 2 animals that were thought extinct. He found a leopard in zanzibar which had been declared extinct for a couple of decades and a tortoise somewhere that hasnt been seen for 100 years. Im sure i seen he found evidence of a small hippo sub species somewhere aswell .  Who knows , but greyman doesnt sound like a nutjob tho . Their are a few on here that do tho 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, foxdropper said:

No nastiness mate ,meant it .Your general posts revolve around asses ,cocks and lube with the odd jibe at your nemesis Donny boy .
Im in the camp that requires proof for ANYTHING iffy before I give it credence .The debate of IF dosnt Come into an educated mind .

I suppose your one of these that would believe there are  UFO’s ,Ghosts ,God and Fairy’s if someone said they’d seen it .Myself I’m a man that needs proof not myths and legends .

I guess evolution has left a few behind though , Donny being a prime example .

He loves to champion losers ,thrives on it ,made a lifetime commitment to it but hates it when he’s the brunt of a piss take .Me couldn’t care less .

Any chance you could fcuk of back to the terrier section and put Mortons cock back your mouth. 

• Haha 6

The reason a figure of 500 is come to is more scientific than people just plucking figures out the sky and is simply calculated as a very minimum amount of cats to have breeding without genetic defaults, it would take a population of around 250 leopards to be able to have breeding without clear signs of inbreeding same with the pumas, there are now less than 100 Amur leopards and they are being born with deformed tails and other issues because the gene pool is now to small so they will inevitably die out due to inbreeding,, so to have a population of 2 species of cats that are having Cubs there needs to be a minimum of 500 and if there were only 250 badgers and 250 fox’s in the entire country we would never see them either personally I think 500 is a very conservative figure and what ever the number is it is getting bigger at the moment ??

I just believe the whole topic is full of contradictions. 

First people say the reason we haven't got clear footage of a Big Cat is because they are elusive, well obviously they aren't that elusive because of all the sightings and all these video clips and pics of terrible quality. 

Secondly you have tales of people who know of populations yet don't want anyone to know about it, well obviously they do want people to know about it or else they wouldn't tell anyone. 

If the predicted numbers are correct there would be concrete proof by now IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

I’m not sure about the 500 hundred figure?

can leopards mate with cougars? And are their offspring fertile? 

No I don't think they can have fertile offspring, they also inherit dwarfism so would only be around half the size of their parents. 

A 30-50lb sterile mongrel is all they would be. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic