• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Livihg my dreams pal. 

I'll always remember the first documentary I saw as a child on tigers because a tigress with cubs killed a leopard, exciting stuff for a bairn. 

I know the lion has a louder and more powerful roar but to me a tigers roar is much scarier and more eerie. 

All in its about 2.5k for two weeks mate and they provide all the cameras to and you get a memory card with everything on it to keep. All food, accommodation and travel while with them is included to. Warm clothing and boots etc are there for to use so need to take loads of extra items with you. you can fly to Vladivostok for about £800 from different airports here or budget flight to Moscow and take the Trans Siberian train from there for £120 2nd class but it’s 6 day trip, probably be good in the summer and get off at interesting places along the way but in the middle of a Siberian winter I think a flight would be best! I was hoping to do it this year but corona put a stop to that, just makes me keener for getting it done now though while/if we have chance. It’s something different and it’s the one single “trip of a lifetime” I always comeback to so will just book it and go when the worlds up and running again.

Both terrifying beasts for sure, either one in front of you would put the fear of god into you! 

I don’t know how true it is but apparently in the gladiator film they voiced over the lions roars with tigers for the extra fear factor so you might have a point, in no rush to find out for myself though! 

Another good package tour is snow leopards in the Nepalese/Indian Himalayas with fishing for golden mahseer and a helicopter ride around Everest thrown in for good measure. Can be done for about 3k for 3 weeks and there’s always one bad habit you can drop to raise the money. Hemis national park is the one I’ve found most people recommend and looks absolutely amazing, Admittedly it’s not quite as remote as outer Wiltshire but I think they still did well to get a crystal clear and pretty f***ing stunning camera trap image :D 

77B7FC61-9AEA-4F25-8AEF-FFE1E8A2B5A1.jpeg.3a6f9240b3c73e958091c65df72e331e.jpeg

Sooner the airports open again the better ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ihunter said:

All in its about 2.5k for two weeks mate and they provide all the cameras to and you get a memory card with everything on it to keep. All food, accommodation and travel while with them is included to. Warm clothing and boots etc are there for to use so need to take loads of extra items with you. you can fly to Vladivostok for about £800 from different airports here or budget flight to Moscow and take the Trans Siberian train from there for £120 2nd class but it’s 6 day trip, probably be good in the summer and get off at interesting places along the way but in the middle of a Siberian winter I think a flight would be best! I was hoping to do it this year but corona put a stop to that, just makes me keener for getting it done now though while/if we have chance. It’s something different and it’s the one single “trip of a lifetime” I always comeback to so will just book it and go when the worlds up and running again.

Both terrifying beasts for sure, either one in front of you would put the fear of god into you! 

I don’t know how true it is but apparently in the gladiator film they voiced over the lions roars with tigers for the extra fear factor so you might have a point, in no rush to find out for myself though! 

Another good package tour is snow leopards in the Nepalese/Indian Himalayas with fishing for golden mahseer and a helicopter ride around Everest thrown in for good measure. Can be done for about 3k for 3 weeks and there’s always one bad habit you can drop to raise the money. Hemis national park is the one I’ve found most people recommend and looks absolutely amazing, Admittedly it’s not quite as remote as outer Wiltshire but I think they still did well to get a crystal clear and pretty f***ing stunning camera trap image :D 

77B7FC61-9AEA-4F25-8AEF-FFE1E8A2B5A1.jpeg.3a6f9240b3c73e958091c65df72e331e.jpeg

Sooner the airports open again the better ?

I'm sure that's where that other fella is from who I mentioned. 

If so ask about because I'm certain he has a wild tiger sanctuary there, I'm sure he would welcome you mate. 

At least that way you should be guaranteed to see one or two. ?

Edited by Greb147
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

I'm sure that's where that other fella is from who I mentioned. 

If so ask about because I'm certain he has a wild tiger sanctuary there, I'm sure he would welcome you mate. 

At least that way you should be guaranteed to see one or two. ?

On the Russian one they take you to sanctuary to mate so you defo get to see one......I actually got in a cage with two tigers in Asia last year, they were 18 month old sisters, tiny in comparison to the big males in the next cage but you could still see how easy they could rip you apart, they were “tame”, Raised from cubs, the trainers had fire extinguishers and big sticks behind the photos and while it was amazing to get so close to them, I don’t mind admitting I was happy to get out of there and wouldn’t do it again or even recommend it as if they did switch there would be f**k all you could do about it, the place even makes you sign a declaration that your family can’t sue them if you get killed lol Sad truth is though they are probably full of ketamine tbh and even though they looked happy enough (the one asleep was running round 1 min before it lay down) it has put me off ever going to a zoo again while we have the opportunity to see them (or at least signs of them) in the wild before humans finally clear the lot up. 

5CA7F4E0-7F5F-419F-8B70-958FF20BF3C4.jpeg.3158fcdf35c80846d89c6753221e2f84.jpeg593584A5-361D-4AA0-9A24-4F98E3FE921A.jpeg.38f90280b290478f6ed6af5c0a580497.jpeg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ihunter said:

On the Russian one they take you to sanctuary to mate so you defo get to see one......I actually got in a cage with two tigers in Asia last year, they were 18 month old sisters, tiny in comparison to the big males in the next cage but you could still see how easy they could rip you apart, they were “tame”, Raised from cubs, the trainers had fire extinguishers and big sticks behind the photos and while it was amazing to get so close to them, I don’t mind admitting I was happy to get out of there and wouldn’t do it again or even recommend it as if they did switch there would be f**k all you could do about it, the place even makes you sign a declaration that your family can’t sue them if you get killed lol Sad truth is though they are probably full of ketamine tbh and even though they looked happy enough (the one asleep was running round 1 min before it lay down) it has put me off ever going to a zoo again while we have the opportunity to see them (or at least signs of them) in the wild before humans finally clear the lot up. 

5CA7F4E0-7F5F-419F-8B70-958FF20BF3C4.jpeg.3158fcdf35c80846d89c6753221e2f84.jpeg593584A5-361D-4AA0-9A24-4F98E3FE921A.jpeg.38f90280b290478f6ed6af5c0a580497.jpeg

If you watch the last half of that documentary I posted the bloke is on there, he's dedicated his life to tigers as well.  

His tigers are confined but are out in the wilderness in massive enclosures, I'm not sure if he releases cubs in to the wild when they're big enough to fend for themselves. 

Have you seen the fella who has a supposed conservation project for tigers in Africa, not sure I believe all that as it's more than likely a money making scheme. 

Edited by Greb147
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

If you watch the last half of that documentary I posted the bloke is on there, he's dedicated his life to tigers as well.  

His tigers are confined but are out in the wilderness in massive enclosures, I'm not sure if he releases cubs in to the wild when they're big enough to fend for themselves. 

Have you seen the fella who has a supposed conservation project for tigers in Africa, not sure I believe all that as it's more than likely a money making scheme. 

I’ll watch it now pal, and the guy in Africa who was slipping them tigers on ostriches to get them going? Lol

12 minutes ago, ihunter said:

I’ll watch it now pal, and the guy in Africa who was slipping them tigers on ostriches to get them going? Lol

No think that's someone else, this bloke I'm talking about is a film maker. You're talking about that Dave Salmoni? 

The fella who I'm talking about is John Varty. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

No think that's someone else, this bloke I'm talking about is a film maker. You're talking about that Dave Salmoni? 

The fella who I'm talking about is John Varty. 

It’s John varty mate, the two tigers he had called ron and Julie 

Be some crack with them on the lamp lol

• Like 1
Just now, ihunter said:

You read any of Jim Corbetts man eater books? I read them online years ago but will probably buy them one day to read again, Really interesting books  ?

No but I bet they're a great read, I think I may buy some at some point. 

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic