No likes left mate but fully respect that opinion, I had heard all the story’s for years and never thought much about it myself, things only changed for me when I started to find the hollowed out deer on my walks and then actually saw one on my travels, think that along with all the hunting I was doing now being so frowned upon it’s just a nice way for me and my dogs to carry on going out and walking the countryside and when I find a few things makes it even better, ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Had a wander with a lad last night, someone who I'd trust impeccably who is  straight as a die... I've no reason to disbelieve him, there's plenty on here who would vouch for him.. He was out lamping with his brother and another lad I know and all 3 of them saw the samething...... I believe They are out there, I don't believe that there are large numbers breeding freely... But there are escapees from private collections, circuses and zoos imo... I would love for anyone to get that definate proof and silence the non believers.... But on the other hand I think it would be a disaster if it was proved they were here, because they wouldn't be safe?

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

How so, Dan?

People would flock from all over imo... Every cock with a bullet gun be looking for a pat on the back and a trophy shot?

Personally if I found one I'd not shout about it...In the  Same way you don't take others on your ground.... ? 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Who would slip on one?

Sadly just cleared out a load of stuff from my pics and I had a screen shot of a lad on face book claiming his mates had slipped a pack of bull xs and a saluki on one and all bar one dog had been found dead, don’t believe it for a minute mind just kept it because it was funny, if your on face ache I think the blokes name was dan Watson if you can find it, no two lads pretty well that told me years ago they had slipped on one ran up but just came straight back when they got up on it, no reason to doubt them had a few mates back I the 80s 90s that had seen them while out lamping?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

People would flock from all over imo... Every cock with a bullet gun be looking for a pat on the back and a trophy shot?

Personally if I found one I'd not shout about it...In the  Same way you don't take others on your ground.... ? 

This is really why things like the podcast etc are good to get the subject talked about because I don’t think we will get an official announcement but a gradual acceptance which is better because it saves all the hysteria and knee jerk reactions, the main reason I believe they breed here is the style in which they hunt, when a cat escapes it tends to go a bit mad as you would and kill a lot of farm animals for the sake of it were as what is now happening is they are showing signs of adapting to uk wildlife and are hunting and killing in much the same way as they would in there home lands, natural behaviour has taken a few generations to emerge, not saying a few more don’t get added by release or escape but would say most now behave very naturally and are very aware of there surroundings and the prey much more so than if they had just turned up if that makes sense  ?

On 06/10/2020 at 15:52, Greyman said:

Go to 4minutes and watch to the end you will see a video of a cat, the hairs of which were dna,d as leopard, and the response when the old fella reported it to the authority,s then ask yourself would you report seeing an eagle if this was the outcome ?

What sort of caravan has windows that are 3foot tall?

Then is says SHE found some hairs and sent them for analysis.....now I'm not saying jaguar hairs are easy to come by but hardly scientific.

The bigger mystery to me is how everyone has missed the fart that the old boy styled out on the video at 5.02!

• Haha 4

The thing is this debate will never end. If greyman got a pic tonight, clearest pic of a big cat, scaled and proven with some hair and a footprint to bag it would be written straight off as a one off, a stray, a release not a breeding colony etc. 

This is probably my favourite thread on here but only when some new pics or footage come up. The rest of the name calling and arguing is f***ing pointless. 

I spoke to greyman a year or two ago about an experience that I had. I can't say it was a big cat, I can't say it wasn't, but I think/feel it was. What I can say is that it was like nothing that had crossed my path before or since. The wood I was walking in was deathly silent at the time which was very strange. Also when this thing flashed across the path, maybe 20yards infront of us, my dogs didn't want to go after it at all which was massively out of character.

This, the same as any other story, has 100 other explanations so picking big cat wont be many peoples version. It was the feeling that made me know it was something out the ordinary.

Believe what u want, follow what u want, live and let live, no need to start throwing insults about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

@Greyman is there any trail cameras with a screen on them that aren't too much money. Step dad got my boy one but we had to let him keep it at his house as we dont have a computer or laptop here to hook it up to to see the pictures. Would be ideal if I could get a cheap enough one with a screen I can view pictures I take on and if anything decent shows up I can give it up to my mums house to go onto a computer. 

You can get sd card adapters that go on your phone/tablet for a couple of quid if you need to see pics better 

• Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic