1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

If that's a full grown boar it would take some cat to do it, even a Leopard would have it's hands full with an adult. 

Probably a puma, they're bigger than a leopard

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Greyman said:

These throat bites are also quite good as you can measure the distance between the holes and compare to the cats fangs, trouble is many people will claim that a dog has done it on a sheep or deer so finding a set on a wild bore kind of rules out any dog as even the biggest baddest pig dog would struggle to kill a boar with a single throat bite, ?

11BD6891-AA16-489B-9D5B-08C52EB3CE68.png

E638E9D6-3A41-41EC-AFD6-308475E4F33B.png

Not knocking your theory. But if the was 2 or 3 big bulls on it then maybe 1 could get a good grip 

8 hours ago, Greyman said:

These throat bites are also quite good as you can measure the distance between the holes and compare to the cats fangs, trouble is many people will claim that a dog has done it on a sheep or deer so finding a set on a wild bore kind of rules out any dog as even the biggest baddest pig dog would struggle to kill a boar with a single throat bite, ?

11BD6891-AA16-489B-9D5B-08C52EB3CE68.png

E638E9D6-3A41-41EC-AFD6-308475E4F33B.png

What size would you put that at greyman it looks to be wet was there pad marks as well not read a lot on the thread but could you get DNA of something like that 

50 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

What size would you put that at greyman it looks to be wet was there pad marks as well not read a lot on the thread but could you get DNA of something like that 

How long would  DNA last a was thinking 

21 minutes ago, Chaseorbechased said:

How long would  DNA last a was thinking 

Not sure I was just trying to get a size of it by using how thick that branch is and the grass behind it 

• Haha 1

It was on the side of a flooded stream so no point dna testing, plus it costs a lot and results are very seldom in your favour unlike on all these police programs on telly the guy that found it is also on the podcast if anyone wants to hear his story ?

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Thought big cats kill with a bite to the back of the head mate?

Cats tend to differ there methods depending on prey I think mate mostly stuff we find is suffocated by a throat bite or over the end of the snout, only thing I’ve found that had been gripped across the back of its head was a badger carcass, which is quite interesting and quite rare, as a badger wouldn’t be natural prey for a cat it indicates they are adapting to an abundant food source  and learning how to deal with it, a jaguar would come off badly if it attacked a crock front first so they have evolved to sneak up and Pearce the scull with one bite 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Chaseorbechased said:

Not knocking your theory. But if the was 2 or 3 big bulls on it then maybe 1 could get a good grip 

Maybe eh?  they did well only having their 2 front canines lol...... Them pigs don't stand still, if it was a couple of dogs it's ears, snout, legs would be mullered.... A cat don't f**k about... Neck or throat hold, break the windpipe and its game over... 

• Like 1

Here is a funny little coincidence, have this book on the side of my bed and read a chapter from time to time when I can’t be arsed to rise, am really enjoying it because they are based a few miles from me and are poaching on estates that still excise today and which I am very familiar with, well in one chapter they are out on the pheasants and had a strange Earnie feeling, absolute silence no other animal noises around, just by there description of the evening I new what was coming and sure enough they have squeaked in a black leopard, this would be in the early 70s I’m guessing, from the exact place I had a report from only 2 weeks ago and a keeper on the estate told me only 18months ago that he had seen one on thermal and watched it for some time??

6E6241BC-9203-45FE-9505-220C63AF23F7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic