One other little problem with any kind of camera is the close encounter is usually a fleeting glimpse as it crosses a road or jumps a gate the times you get to see them for longer is when they are far away and unaware of your presence, but in the first case you don’t have time to react and in the second you get a distant black blob, the picture that I put up at the very start of this is about as good as you get on an iPhone and it’s been zoomed in as far as possible, this picture has been scaled and the animal in it is the same size as a leopard would be ????

88100C4B-3250-487D-9DD2-50C6E598887E.jpeg

3FD925D8-9693-4551-9D05-7338A11B50E9.png

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

It's hard enough to get a good shot of a Fox or an Otter and there are loads with a camera let alone I smart phone. Sooner or later I'm convinced it will happen. I totally believe the accounts I have been told genuine people, why would they lie, not one of them went to the papers or brag about it. In fact some of them you had to worm it out of them bit reluctant to tell.

Cheers Arry

• Like 6
Just now, shaaark said:

G, you say you've seen two big cats in two counties. Were these counties in close proximity, and could the cats you seen have been the same cat, or two different species? 

Not doubting you, by the way. Just trying to take it in from all angles ?

One was in Dorset mate near blandford the other was near Tewkesbury which would be Gloucestershire Warwickshire border, both were black and I would guess one was male and one was female by the build of them as one was very solid and muscular the other much lighter in build,  ?

• Like 2

Just bumped in to a stranger with a camera whilst walking the dog. He seemed an odd character but he was nice enough and was taking pics of my dog. I got nattering to him about his camera and what photos he's taken on his travels. 

He has just bought a used Canon eos 7d and sigma 200 lens for a couple of hundred quid, to say he's only just started his shots were amazing. 

He got my number and is going to send me some photos of my dog and some of his bird shots, I'll post them on here. 

Just shows Greyman what you could get for next to nothing, would blow an iPad out of the water. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Greyman said:

One other little problem with any kind of camera is the close encounter is usually a fleeting glimpse as it crosses a road or jumps a gate the times you get to see them for longer is when they are far away and unaware of your presence, but in the first case you don’t have time to react and in the second you get a distant black blob, the picture that I put up at the very start of this is about as good as you get on an iPhone and it’s been zoomed in as far as possible, this picture has been scaled and the animal in it is the same size as a leopard would be ????

Seen this pic before, were there any other pics taken at the same time ?......if not strange as it’s heading in the right direction ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bell said:

Seen this pic before, were there any other pics taken at the same time ?......if not strange as it’s heading in the right direction ?

Good point, the thing is quite close and a fair bit away from cover. You would expect several pictures given that opportunity. Going by that image it looks way too bulky to be a real Leopard, males can have some size on them but that thing is built like a buffalo. 

The picture was blown up when they got home it was barely visible when they took it just a black animal moving along the edge of cover, this is the spot the lady that took it pulled into this car park by the two posts in the foreground and the animal was running along the cover in front ?

CB5ACF48-AABD-4862-8557-3F5B79AF6B4F.jpeg

I hope no one ever does get a good picture of one ( if there is one ) you’d have every Tom dick fanny and Nancy out with anything from  a 50 cal to a  177 pelet   gun trying to be the first to bag it 

2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Built like a docked cane corso?

Had all that last time it came up, not much chance of one of them running around loose on the quantocks either, and the only reason to make that comparison is because the dog is a ringer for a black leopard ?

28 minutes ago, bell said:

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I thought that pic was disproved greyman ? 

1 minute ago, Elchapo said:

I hope no one ever does get a good picture of one ( if there is one ) you’d have every Tom dick fanny and Nancy out with anything from  a 50 cal to a  177 pelet   gun trying to be the first to bag it 

I’m pretty sure more than one or two have been slotted over the years have heard accounts of one caught in a snare a black leopard shot by a farmer on Bodmin and a lad told me he had squeaked one in and shot a lynx in Scotland thinking it was a fox panicked and stuffed it down a badger sett and filled the hole, but who knows it’s just story’s ?

7 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I thought that pic was disproved greyman ? 

No that one is one of the better ones that have been genuine, the lady took one of our group to the spot to do the scaling, it was 4ft long and 2ft at the shoulder 

• Like 1

I don’t see why there wouldn’t be escaped big cats, there are wild populations of Wallaby’s and Parrots and all sorts so why not cats?

Lets face it, not many zoos are going to own up to an escapee are they given all the shit it may bring down on their head, they just say it died and that’s it.

• Like 3

http://scotcats.online.fr/abc/sightings/1997/index.html

A timeline of sightings in Scotland from 1997 

two things stand out for me here. 

One , the dates , a sighting then a pattern of sporadic sightings in widely different areas as a consequence. It’s almost like the fact that it attracts divis. 

Look at this account ,

http://scotcats.online.fr/abc/sightings/2002/moffat1.html

seems strange that a Buddhist photography student who had a camera didn’t at least attempt to take a  pic. 

Also referencing back to the first post. There is a swathe of reported sightings in an area not far from me in July . I find it very hard to believe that over a three day period over a huge amount of land , the same or numerous animals were spotted by people on the very few what you could call roads in that area. It just adds to to the belief that there are none in this country . 

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic