13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Up to 1976 you could buy any big cat in the uk all the way up to lion, tigers were £250 in Harrods in the 70s walk in hand over shilling and walk out the proud owner if a big cat, the same thing is happening in Russia at the moment and I will imaging it will be the same 2 generalists ie puma and leopards that will naturalise there as well

I don't buy the cross breeding theory tbh. Yes it may be possible in captivity but the chances of the young being fertile is highly unlikely, after all they are different species. 

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

House cat for certain .This thread dragging on a bit with no evidence lads .With all the folk out and about now you’d think the net would be in meltdown with pics and videos .Sad reality is that there arnt any to film .

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

House cat for certain .This thread dragging on a bit with no evidence lads .With all the folk out and about now you’d think the net would be in meltdown with pics and videos .Sad reality is that there arnt any to film .

Reality is you live in an area that they are and you haven’t had an encounter so it does not exist to you, but as I’ve said before in reality there is enough evidence without a photograph to say otherwise, there will never be an official announcement but a gradual acceptance, I have extended this invite to many on here but if you would like to come along to the RAU with me you can talk to the scientists and vets who process the evidence we send to them, I might even buy you a beer afterwards, things like this are proof enough as there is no other animal in England that would attempt to take down a horse, but all people want is a Chrystal clear picture that would be very easy to falsify,  when that picture does finally come along it will be the pictures of kills and footprints along with the tooth pit study’s from RAU that will add substance to back up the claim, be patient my fox hunting friend and if we are here long enough I,ll make a believer out of you, simple and easy analysis, if there were less than 500 fox’s in the whole of England would you as an accomplished fox hunter be able to catch one for me, the reality is probably not and how many Indians have never seen a leopard or Americans that have never seen a puma many many more than have seen one, stick with it, it’s far from over ?

AEE1CCC5-975D-4F59-A36D-7004FDBC367F.png

F9060490-59B2-4427-B5DA-C042C4CCBC2B.png

See mate ,the fact you say my area is steeped in sightings says to me there’s something iffy straight away .
Ive been on the hunting ,shooting scene since I could walk mate and I’ve never heard anyone say they’ve seen one .Ive heard rumours of sightings ,attended several so called killings ,been shown tracks and spoor but I’m afraid everything points to either a house cat or a large dog .Ive made it known I am very interested to attend a sighting or damage to a farm animal .

You and I are looking at this from completely polar opposites mate .Im convinced there arnt any but like to attend these findings anyway as I’m always learning .Im very clear on what I’ve found to whowever has found it with no maybes or could be .It will take a dead animal in my hands to convince me from a very reliable source before I hold my hands up to there being wild large cats in Britain .
Its very clear you are borderline in the opposite camp ,wanting sightings to be a cat ,needing paw prints to be a cat rather than anything else or you wouldn’t be where you are today .I say borderline as you clearly know a house cat from a leopard .

Im in no way saying what you do is stupid or sad but for me to get exited at all I would like for there to be much ,much clearer evidence rather than what there is or has been .

As for me being sceptical because I havnt seen one  ,not the case mate . I know there are pine martins in Scotland ,wild polecats in Wiltshire ,Bustards on the plains and in bitterns on the broads  but I’ve never any of them .
Their existence is wildly cataloged as is every single snow leopard in the Andes ,a rarer beast harder to find .

Game cams are deployed  over most of Britain in out the way places with images as crystal as you like ,many ,many wildlife photographers out 24/7 with thermal as are shooters yet still not one credible picture of these cats .

I genuinely would love to see something I can’t link to our native forna .Id love to hear  a scream in the night I can’t identify but sadly nothing mate despite putting in the hours some would struggle to do and hold down a job .Hours not not spent looking for cats but hours spent none the less .

Im afraid none of your acquaintances would sway me mate as I’m sure my negatively would not sway them .
You are however ,welcome here anytime for a mooch ,a hunt and a beer mate but don’t expect to walk away from a convert .
Just to add ,if there were less than 500 foxes left alive and I was given the task to catch you one you’d be tripping over them outside your door .
To hunt an animal successfully you must study it whilst hunting it ,another thing none of you believers seem to want to do ,ie hunt your chosen quarry .

Cage traps ,bait stations ,snares and night shooting ,if done to purposely target this so called breeding population of large cats would put a few in the bag if they exist .

They arnt protected as they arnt recognised as being here so what is there to lose ,apart from face of course .

If someone said to me there’s a fox ,a particular fox that’s evaded all capture in my area and I was allowed ,that fox would be lead out dead within a week .

Your going to say there’s thousands of them but if real they are flesh and blood and need to eat ,sleep and leave behind evidence of their comings and goings .Why is it when there is an attack or a sighting there is never a push to kill the thing,as with all predators in this country .

• Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic