• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont know if its just my phone or all phones but i cant zoom in as far on video as on photo maybe thats why ?

Mine does the opposite, I get more zoom on the video than I do the camera. 

Greyman, might have asked this before but what was the conclusion on the railway cat footage from a few years back. The black cat that was walking along the line and crosses the line being not far off the width of the lines which would make it 4ft?

4 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Just a opinion but I think dog, also think it's more likely to be a dog coming out in front of folk in a dog walking spot

The lady took the picture because there were no people there and the animal was alone, also it has a body length of 4ft but a height of only 2ft, which would give it a body length of an Irish wolfhound and the height of a lab, so without a better picture you have to go with probability and as it’s in an area with a lot of cat activity and sightings and the animal is the exact size of a male leopard it’s more probable to be a cat than a 4ft long dog out on its own for a walk or that’s how I see it, I also think it does look like a black cat in the enlarged photo but hey it keeps me busy and maybe one day ??

5 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

He should of took his dog down after the cat had gone and got someone to take a picture to use it to scale the size of the big cat???

Didnt they have rough scale comparing it to the train track ?

If the guy was a dog handler youd think he would know if it was a dog 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

He should of took his dog down after the cat had gone and got someone to take a picture to use it to scale the size of the big cat???

That is nothing but a moggy, the thing is nowhere near big enough to be a Leopard. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

I agree  because all big cats are born fully grown.?

It's obviously a domestic cat, just look at the pace of it's gait. 

I wonder where mummy cat was? ?

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's obviously a domestic cat, just look at the pace of it's gait. 

I wonder where mummy cat was? ?

Have a look at the head shape of the 100% black leopard in the cage above and the enlarged pic of the cat/dog out walking on its own, I’d say the one in the pic out and about looks a slightly healthier version of the above caged animal, just ashame he’s angled so the tail is behind the body, I have a photo of a black one walking away from a trail cam here and as it’s black on black it’s very hard to make anything out on that, full side view with tail is what is needed video would be better,?

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

The lady took the picture because there were no people there and the animal was alone, also it has a body length of 4ft but a height of only 2ft, which would give it a body length of an Irish wolfhound and the height of a lab, so without a better picture you have to go with probability and as it’s in an area with a lot of cat activity and sightings and the animal is the exact size of a male leopard it’s more probable to be a cat than a 4ft long dog out on its own for a walk or that’s how I see it, I also think it does look like a black cat in the enlarged photo but hey it keeps me busy and maybe one day ??

? And I hope you or someone gets something decent. Some of the pics of prints that are about, are the best available "proof" imo

Reread what she said when I got those pics, she couldn't see for the sun and just kept snapping and looked when she got home. Guessing you'd need a better pic and her exact point to be 100% on scaling also ?

11 hours ago, Gilbey said:

? And I hope you or someone gets something decent. Some of the pics of prints that are about, are the best available "proof" imo

Reread what she said when I got those pics, she couldn't see for the sun and just kept snapping and looked when she got home. Guessing you'd need a better pic and her exact point to be 100% on scaling also ?

The scaling on this one was quite thorough as the lady was very helpful and open, the white sticks are put in place over the original picture then measured, have a picture of a lynx waiting to be scaled after the lockdown is lifted  as well, footprints are pretty good but even a cat can make a mark like a dog and vice versa ?

79F7141A-46F7-451A-8EDA-3578CDDA0533.jpeg

B8ABE576-50A8-4729-AD38-BF9E66DCA929.jpeg

2FBDBBB5-A585-46C4-8D6A-B414FD0600ED.jpeg

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic