I have to say though that the most realistic sighting I’ve heard was in the Scottish Borders area of a hill farmer seeing a black panther type creature. 

Its not the sighting more the character of the man who seen it.

He was as honest and straight a bloke I’ve ever met and would be the type who laughed them off 

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No that one is one of the better ones that have been genuine, the lady took one of our group to the spot to do the scaling, it was 4ft long and 2ft at the shoulder 

And she only took the one pic mate ?

50 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Had all that last time it came up, not much chance of one of them running around loose on the quantocks either, and the only reason to make that comparison is because the dog is a ringer for a black leopard ?

God knows, just think "dog" more than cat that's all

40 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t see why there wouldn’t be escaped big cats, there are wild populations of Wallaby’s and Parrots and all sorts so why not cats?

Lets face it, not many zoos are going to own up to an escapee are they given all the shit it may bring down on their head, they just say it died and that’s it.

I so agree with you Wilf. Loads of sighting around Sparkwell on the edge of Dartmoor one quite recently that was poo-pooed on here. They have been seen on numerous of accounts of Big Cat on the out side of Cat enclosures. Sighting my mate saw was only few miles away as the crow fly's.

Also had a Lynx escape and recaptured a year or so back.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
15 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

http://scotcats.online.fr/abc/sightings/1997/index.html

A timeline of sightings in Scotland from 1997 

two things stand out for me here. 

One , the dates , a sighting then a pattern of sporadic sightings in widely different areas as a consequence. It’s almost like the fact that it attracts divis. 

Look at this account ,

http://scotcats.online.fr/abc/sightings/2002/moffat1.html

seems strange that a Buddhist photography student who had a camera didn’t at least attempt to take a  pic. 

Also referencing back to the first post. There is a swathe of reported sightings in an area not far from me in July . I find it very hard to believe that over a three day period over a huge amount of land , the same or numerous animals were spotted by people on the very few what you could call roads in that area. It just adds to to the belief that there are none in this country . 

That happens in this area, a sighting in the paper followed by a few copy cats dotted about

• Like 1

These are some of the pics from the fella I bumped in to on my walk yesterday. I'm blown away to be honest to say he's only had the camera a few weeks, he's sent me a lot more. 

Just shows what you can get for a few hundred quid, we'll worth the money IMO. 

IMG-20200506-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20200506-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200506-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200506-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200505-WA0078.jpg

IMG-20200505-WA0068.jpg

IMG-20200505-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20200505-WA0057.jpg

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Arry said:

I so agree with you Wilf. Loads of sighting around Sparkwell on the edge of Dartmoor one quite recently that was poo-pooed on here. They have been seen on numerous of accounts of Big Cat on the out side of Cat enclosures. Sighting my mate saw was only few miles away as the crow fly's.

Also had a Lynx escape and recaptured a year or so back.

Cheers Arry

Mate both Dartmoor and exmoor zoos have had loads of encounters, there are staff from them zoos that are interviewed in the podcast who have seen cats outside of the zoos, keepers that look after the same animals everyday and certainly would not mistake them for anything else when they see them out, but if you live somewhere that never gets this much activity it’s easy to see why people don’t believe, as you say mate you live in the middle of a hot area spend all your spare time outdoors and have yet to have a clear unmistakable sighting, there is always going to be negatives even a Chrystal clear photo will be called fake in the era of computer imagery or a captured caged animal or having been taken abroad, that’s why the science is actuall more important than the pic everyone so desires ??

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Mate both Dartmoor and exmoor zoos have had loads of encounters, there are staff from them zoos that are interviewed in the podcast who have seen cats outside of the zoos, keepers that look after the same animals everyday and certainly would not mistake them for anything else when they see them out, but if you live somewhere that never gets this much activity it’s easy to see why people don’t believe, as you say mate you live in the middle of a hot area spend all your spare time outdoors and have yet to have a clear unmistakable sighting, there is always going to be negatives even a Chrystal clear photo will be called fake in the era of computer imagery or a captured caged animal or having been taken abroad, that’s why the science is actuall more important than the pic everyone so desires ??

I was impressed with them scats you found, that how I would imagine them to be like. As for photos I have a bridge camera that has 24x zoom with anti shake and would stand a chance of getting a photo of something like a cat at a field away. Most people would struggle to get an image at distance with a smart photo unless its one of the latest. Its fine even with a camera if you have time to line up a shot but to be just walking along and see a fleeting glance, by the time you have lifted the camera it's gone. I sure it will happen right place at the right time with the right gear. More and more people with country skills are getting cameras with big zoom lenses. Some of the new bridge cameras have huge zooms now.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, CHEVINFOX said:

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

BPW_1277.JPG.5c328a195fa1f3414d060a9e76a4ac80.JPG

Just to let you know if Greyman doesn't have a place for it I'm sure I saw a Cougar the other day. ?

• Haha 2

Found these the other day when camping in the mountains. No more than 50yards from our hammock set up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they look very feline to me due to lack of claw marks. You can also see it seems to be following a deer (you can see the slot ahead of the tracks)

20200506_151646.jpg

20200506_152146.jpg

20200506_152221.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CHEVINFOX said:

BPW_1277.JPG.5c328a195fa1f3414d060a9e76a4ac80.JPG

See my previous post, I have more chance of snapping one..... Pretty please can I have it Mr C? ??

I'm sure I'm not alone on this but when I see something of interest when out and about I can honestly say the last thing I would think of would be reaching for my phone and the more it caught my attention the less I'd be thinking about getting a photograph. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic