1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

What is that podcast called mate ?

There you go mate, just put it into google ? have a look on the refs and links while your there mate few grainy pics and videos more going on every month ?

9EBEE80D-A857-41BE-ADDF-069376D8E6AF.png

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There you go mate, just put it into google ? have a look on the refs and links while your there mate few grainy pics and videos more going on every month ?

9EBEE80D-A857-41BE-ADDF-069376D8E6AF.png

Perfect thankyou Sir.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I listened to a good few of the podcast episodes and some of the tales were a bit far fetched mate.  Didnt some woman see one sit and watch it for ages but not take a picture then go get her husband to see it. Then on a separate location different area they both seen one at different times. What's the chances of that? Not throwing any accusations at yourself but maybe what you make of that think it was maybe even the first episode ?

Edited to add podcast is worth a listen quite interesting and there are a few on there I do believe are genuine about what the have or think they have seen 

I have actually met the lady you refer to and she does come across as a bit of a batty old lady but I do think she is genuine, if you live in a rural location and have a sighting it’s not unusual to have multiple sightings if you are living within that animals territory, Coryn the lady from Gloucestershire has seen one three times and filmed it and other members of her family have also seen it, I guess it’s harder to judge people without meeting them and it’s good to get feedback, I,d love for someone like yourself to have an encounter and I think it’s quite likely, as you are interested and open to it, so your brain will respond to what you are seeing faster than someone without a clue, might even have time to get a piccy, plus you appear to live in a good geological location and spend time outdoors ?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I listened to a good few of the podcast episodes and some of the tales were a bit far fetched mate.  Didnt some woman see one sit and watch it for ages but not take a picture then go get her husband to see it. Then on a separate location different area they both seen one at different times. What's the chances of that? Not throwing any accusations at yourself but what you make of that think it was maybe even the first episode ?

Edited to add podcast is worth a listen quite interesting and there are a few on there I do believe are genuine about what the have or think they have seen 

Yea I find that sort of thing a bit ridiculous.  99% of the population have never even seen anything resembling a big cat, whilst a couple of fanatics have had several sightings. None of which by the way, carry a camera phone around with them

• Like 1

Well no hard evidence but this mornings wander has thrown up a dead  fox and an interesting turd have taken the fox’s head and will see if it has any tooth marks in it when the meat is gone?

69DF42E3-8CC7-4E1A-BE6D-617A22656B58.jpeg

96FA8780-6791-45A2-89E9-30C1E519FC78.jpeg

0C3A364F-ED19-47A3-807B-19CE5BBFFBFD.jpeg

• Like 4
On 02/05/2020 at 09:32, EDDIE B said:

Yea I find that sort of thing a bit ridiculous.  99% of the population have never even seen anything resembling a big cat, whilst a couple of fanatics have had several sightings. None of which by the way, carry a camera phone around with them

Described me to a tee there mate, a fanatic that has seen two cats in two different county’s and still don’t have a camera phone ???

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Described me to a tee there mate, a fanatic that has seen two cats in two different county’s and still don’t have a camera phone ???

That's the thing I don't get. Why does everyone these days assume that everyone MUST be carrying a camera or mobile phone with inbuilt camera, every time they are out in the countryside?! It's not as though most people expect to see a non native big cat when they go for a stroll! 

I've travelled god knows how many miles over the years with the dogs, shooting, fishing etc, and I've never had a camera on me, couldn't afford one years ago, and hardly ever had my mobile on me

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, shaaark said:

That's the thing I don't get. Why does everyone these days assume that everyone MUST be carrying a camera or mobile phone with inbuilt camera, every time they are out in the countryside?! It's not as though most people expect to see a non native big cat when they go for a stroll! 

I've travelled god knows how many miles over the years with the dogs, shooting, fishing etc, and I've never had a camera on me, couldn't afford one years ago, and hardly ever had my mobile on me

The question one must ask though is why haven't those who claim to have had numerous sightings never got a camera on them? 

You may fool someone once but to do it on other occasions screams hoax. If you know you have seen a big cat and want to convince others the next time you want out in that area you would be kitted up to the eyeballs. 

One of the best accounts of a sighting given to me by a mate. He was working on the gutter of a bungalow on the edge of Dartmoor when he and his mate saw a Puma like cat stalking two rabbit. They watch for twenty minutes and neither had a phone or camera. I have even given him a old phone of mine and he still won't use it, which annoys the shit out of me as I can never get hold of him till night time. The cat did not see my mate until one rabbit bolted toward them then the cat saw them.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Arry said:

One of the best accounts of a sighting given to me by a mate. He was working on the gutter of a bungalow on the edge of Dartmoor when he and his mate saw a Puma like cat stalking two rabbit. They watch for twenty minutes and neither had a phone or camera. I have even given him a old phone of mine and he still won't use it, which annoys the shit out of me as I can never get hold of him till night time. The cat did not see my mate until one rabbit bolted toward them then the cat saw them.

Cheers Arry

Either he seen what he did or him and the other guy decided to create a lie and spread it . Im sure many people lie about seing them . But if even 1 person is telling the truth ......

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Either he seen what he did or him and the other guy decided to create a lie and spread it . Im sure many people lie about seing them . But if even 1 person is telling the truth ......

I know and agree with what you are saying. This guy is sound I new him all my life he's a countryman shooting ferreting got a small holding a genuine down to earth guy. It only came up when I asked him in conversation if he had seen a big cat. I also know two farmers that have seen them my best mate and ferreting buddy has seen two and a lad into shooting and fishing seen one very close to where the guy fixing the gutter seen one.

Me I've never seen one, seen glimpses of things not sure what it was and a set of eyes out lamping one night that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up so to speak, but nothing I could say that is a big cat. I'm not somebody that goes out looking for them but find very interesting.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
21 hours ago, shaaark said:

The question one must ask though is why haven't those who claim to have had numerous sightings never got a camera on them? 

You may fool someone once but to do it on other occasions screams hoax. If you know you have seen a big cat and want to convince others the next time you want out in that area you would be kitted up to the eyeballs. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Come on mate be sensible....i saw a geezer with 6 fingers on 1 hand in the Rose & Crown once but im not taking full camera kit with me every time i go out for a drink so i can prove it to all my mates !

I was sceptical of all this stuff myself until a few years ago i got chatting to a fella who was utterly convinced.....he was either a very good liar or thick as shit and he struck me as neither so i did a bit of research myself,im not convinced either way to be honest but i find it an interesting conundrum.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic