9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Come on mate be sensible....i saw a geezer with 6 fingers on 1 hand in the Rose & Crown once but im not taking full camera kit with me every time i go out for a drink so i can prove it to all my mates !

I was sceptical of all this stuff myself until a few years ago i got chatting to a fella who was utterly convinced.....he was either a very good liar or thick as shit and he struck me as neither so i did a bit of research myself,im not convinced either way to be honest but i find it an interesting conundrum.

But if you were trying to convince people that you have seen a geezer and they didn't believe you you would either a) take a picture for proof or b) take them directly to that geezer. 

Like I said I could understand if it was a one off sighting but those who claim to everyone that they see a particular cat or cats on a regular basis then you would at least suspect they would have some sort of proof. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But if you were trying to convince people that you have seen a geezer and they didn't believe you you would either a) take a picture for proof or b) take them directly to that geezer. 

The geezer who i had never seen before and never seen since you mean ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The geezer who i had never seen before and never seen since you mean ?

But the point is you would be trying to convince other people that you see this geezer with 6 fingers on a regular basis. 

If your mates didn't believe you and your intention was to convince them you would be well prepared the next time you was in that same pub where the geezer frequents. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Absolutely ridiculous comparison to be honest.  Absolutely irrelevant to the topic.  Greyman has said a good photo would be key evidence. For somebody who like him who is so iterested as a hobby youd expect even a basic camera phone

Heres an analogy. Like trying to win the lottery without buying a ticket.

Your trying to hard son only a complete melt wouldnt realise it was tongue in cheek !

16 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But the point is you would be trying to convince other people that you see this geezer with 6 fingers on a regular basis. 

If your mates didn't believe you and your intention was to convince them you would be well prepared the next time you was in that same pub where the geezer frequents. 

I wouldnt be trying to convince anyone of anything id tell them and if they didnt believe me no problem......i dont see any of these " big cat in the countryside " people trying to convince people all ive ever heard is them telling their stories and discussing their theories you either believe them or you dont.....but im not sure it warrants kitting yourself out with super duper camera equipment every time you take the dog for a walk !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Your trying to hard son only a complete melt wouldnt realise it was tongue in cheek !

I wouldnt be trying to convince anyone of anything id tell them and if they didnt believe me no problem......i dont see any of these " big cat in the countryside " people trying to convince people all ive ever heard is them telling their stories and discussing their theories you either believe them or you dont.....but im not sure it warrants kitting yourself out with super duper camera equipment every time you take the dog for a walk !

Is that the name of your one? Mine's a Samsung Galaxy  Prime

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The point is not about you though, it's about folk claiming to others that they have regular sightings of a specific cat. Some are actively trying to convince others of their sightings. 

44 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I understand it was an analogy bit the fact stands the point you were trying to make is ridiculous. Greyman who does this as a hobby has said a picture decent would be good evidence. You dont believe folk who want a clear picture and go out looking for big cats should need carry a camera . In what reality is that not an absolutely ridiculous statement.

Because i dont go to the pub to see 6 fingered men i go to have a drink....likewise i dont know Greyman but from reading his posts he seems well versed in ways of the countryside and presuming him to be a middle aged man that probably equates to literally thousands upon thousands of hours spent in the countryside....so 2 actual sightings over thousands of hours is hardly " regular ".....and hardly warrants making sure he has a camera attached to his side.

You're overloading on the word " ridiculous " a little bit too much,again trying too hard ?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The point is not about you though, it's about folk claiming to others that they have regular sightings of a specific cat. Some are actively trying to convince others of their sightings. 

The point is about whether there are big cats in the countryside......who its about,who claims to see them or whos trying to convince who is totally irrelevant .....or at least should be.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

The point is about whether there are big cats in the countryside......who its about,who claims to see them or whos trying to convince who is totally irrelevant .....or at least should be.

Yes I agree that but I thinks it's safe to dismiss those that shout the loudest with nothing to back it up. That's not aimed at Greyman in particular but all those that claim numerous sightings with not a shred of evidence. 

I like to think I have an open mind but a story off a stranger just won't do for me, I want to see some evidence. 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yes I agree that but I thinks it's safe to dismiss those that shout the loudest with nothing to back it up. That's not aimed at Greyman in particular but all those that claim numerous sightings with not a shred of evidence. 

I like to think I have an open mind but a story off a stranger just won't do for me, I want to see some evidence. 

Couldnt agree more.....personally i wouldnt even bother listening to someone who makes numerous claims without a shred of evidence but thats just me.

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Ok thanks for that . You don't think a man who wants a clear picture of a big cat should take a camera out with him when hes looking for them. I think he should take a camera. Have to agree to disagree ✌️

You see i dont claim to know much about the countryside....or big cats.....but i reckon a man probably has more chance with a secretly hidden camera than stomping about like Miss Marple with a Kodak........but hey f**k it im a dopey city boy what do i know.

• Haha 1

I think greyman has a digital camera and an old style phone on his walks instead of a smart phone. How else would he be taking pictures of his phone next to animal shit?

• Like 2

The thing is and I’ve said it numerous times, I’ve seen what I seen and I can’t unsee it, so I want to no more and find out more which is what I have set out to do, I don’t need to convince anyone of what I have seen as it’s irelavant to me, through my search I’ve came in touch with many other people just like me, the biologist and host of the podcast rick minter has became a sort of coordinator to people like myself and through his sources and contacts we are getting things in place and slowly building a case and one of the three Cs clear pic, corpse or captured animal would cut a lot of the hard work, in the last few years we have been having more reports and contacts through the police which is massive and the podcast is giving people a platform to talk without ridicule which is a plus, lots of people I meet have had so much shit given them when they claim to see a cat they never talk about it again, by talking about it on here I have had lots of good info , pictures, and met some good people, but they only talk through pm as they can’t be arsed to join in the debate, but on a plus note as we become more organised and reach more people the truth will eventually come out one way or another look out for the YouTube channel coming next ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, tandors said:

I think greyman has a digital camera and an old style phone on his walks instead of a smart phone. How else would he be taking pictures of his phone next to animal shit?

Believe it or not I carry an iPad with me ?

48 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Dont think anybody was having a go at you greyman. If you say and believe youv seen it thats all you need and you ar going the extra step to prove this to people when you domt have to. Just with one of the 3 Cs being clear pic it wouldnt hurt to have a camera when our roaming an area you think maybe inhabited by big cats. Not sure what iPads camera is like would you be able to capture video on it?

Yes mate does video and has a moderate zoom ?

11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Yes mate does video and has a moderate zoom ?

G, you say you've seen two big cats in two counties. Were these counties in close proximity, and could the cats you seen have been the same cat, or two different species? 

Not doubting you, by the way. Just trying to take it in from all angles ?

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic