Election Result Predictions............

i remember crossing the border in the late sixty's and even into the seventies(warren point)was very seldom stopped and even when we were stopped it was a quick ask about where we were going and what for, until the memphis show band van was blown up.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diane (brains of Britain) Abbot reckon it will be a draw 60% labour 60% Conservatives :)

I've never been a great cynic, but sweet Christ, a staunch remainer (May) has a workable majority, has the backing to push ahead with brexit, calls a snap election, which she said she wouldn't and pro

Posted Images

the young are not tory minded they love to be left of the left and they will decide how this country's ran and they will not have long to wait till another election is called.worrying thing is not one party has anyone that could grap the country by the collar and drag us in the right direction were like wee kids playing games in a school yard and it will get worse before it gets better

It's probably well established that I don't support either of the main parties. In fact my brand of politics will probably never produce a Prime Minister, but while the name calling, yah-boo and pointless post mortems continue unabated, is it just me that's angry ?

Mrs May decided (eventually) to take a massive, unnecessary gamble and try to secure a majority and a mandate, both of which she already had. She then led a campaign that was a complete balls up, and, with spectacular incompetence, almost let the scruffy communist in through the back door.

She has wasted a whole year since the EU referendum - she hasn't taken a single step or made a single firm commitment, while the EU negotiators have lined up their cards, prepared their stance and are sitting waiting for us to be bothered to turn up ! She may be a lame duck, but she has spun it out long enough for the initial momentum to have been lost, and I think that we will not get the Brexit we voted for. The pro-EUers and the soft Brexiteers have had their hand strengthened by her monumental idiocy.

She put her party before her country, sought personal power at the cost of the future of the nation.....and I will not forgive her for that !

Me niether I want her gone asap and replaced with someone who believes in brexit I think it would be best all round ...like you say whist all our lot have been running round with jelly heads the EU have been getting there shit together. ..I see two possible out comes for brexit now either no deal or a crap deal .?its not over but at this point you can't say its looking great...Mays arrogance may have cost us dear......I'm more deflated and

Disillusioned than angry

Regardless of who's leader they'll still be tied to the DUP who are in favour of a "soft" Brexit and they'd never leave with no deal because of the border situation.

Jobs fecked.

I thought the DUP favoured a hard Brexit? :hmm: Along with UKIP they are the only mainstream party that fully supported a Leave vote. They want a 'soft border' with the republic from what I can remember reading, maybe some crossed wires here or there.. :thumbs:

Coming from a proddy and a staunch unionist. I have to admit the DUP are a bit extreme lol but then they do have to deal with sinn feine.

francie might like it. Im sure i read somewhere they also want creationism taught in schools. Haha

• Like 2

"There are two types of people in the world.The good people and then there are the Roman Catholics" LOL.

remember when he heckled the pope. Called him the Anti Christ.

aye he was certainly colourfull. A lot what he predicted was pretty much spot on.

btw to any catholics it wasva quote lets not start slagging each other today. Got a whore of a sore head today lol

• Like 2

Hey malt how did the Welsh nationlists fair in the election?

some of what there leader says does hold a bit sense. Certainly don't agree with any break up of the union. However she is a good debater and gets her point over without Any fluster. Im sure she appeals to some welsh folks.

Hey malt how did the Welsh nationlists fair in the election?

some of what there leader says does hold a bit sense. Certainly don't agree with any break up of the union. However she is a good debater and gets her point over without Any fluster. Im sure she appeals to some welsh folks.

4 seats they won mate. I dont know if you'd really call them Nationalists these days, they just style themselves as the 'party of Wales.' There's absolutely no appetite for Welsh independence here for the most part, been the same for centuries. Even when Edward longshanks finally 'conquered' Wales back in the day his armies had considerably more Welsh people in them than English! :laugh: Think at the heart of it we couldn't give a shit about who wants to call themselves 'leader', we just ignore them and carry on with our day to day lives and petty arguments with our neighbouring towns and villages like we always have!

We've had a bit of rabid nationalism over the years, the odd holiday home set on fire, etc. Think they plotted something for Charlie boys investiture as the Prince Of Wales at Caernarfon years ago and all but they didn't get far with it.. :thumbs:

It's probably well established that I don't support either of the main parties. In fact my brand of politics will probably never produce a Prime Minister, but while the name calling, yah-boo and pointless post mortems continue unabated, is it just me that's angry ?

Mrs May decided (eventually) to take a massive, unnecessary gamble and try to secure a majority and a mandate, both of which she already had. She then led a campaign that was a complete balls up, and, with spectacular incompetence, almost let the scruffy communist in through the back door.

She has wasted a whole year since the EU referendum - she hasn't taken a single step or made a single firm commitment, while the EU negotiators have lined up their cards, prepared their stance and are sitting waiting for us to be bothered to turn up ! She may be a lame duck, but she has spun it out long enough for the initial momentum to have been lost, and I think that we will not get the Brexit we voted for. The pro-EUers and the soft Brexiteers have had their hand strengthened by her monumental idiocy.

She put her party before her country, sought personal power at the cost of the future of the nation.....and I will not forgive her for that !

Me niether I want her gone asap and replaced with someone who believes in brexit I think it would be best all round ...like you say whist all our lot have been running round with jelly heads the EU have been getting there shit together. ..I see two possible out comes for brexit now either no deal or a crap deal .?its not over but at this point you can't say its looking great...Mays arrogance may have cost us dear......I'm more deflated and

Disillusioned than angry

Regardless of who's leader they'll still be tied to the DUP who are in favour of a "soft" Brexit and they'd never leave with no deal because of the border situation.

Jobs fecked.

I thought the DUP favoured a hard Brexit? :hmm: Along with UKIP they are the only mainstream party that fully supported a Leave vote. They want a 'soft border' with the republic from what I can remember reading, maybe some crossed wires here or there.. :thumbs:

They want Brexit while maintaining an open border with Ireland, access to EU markets and access to labour. I'm not sure how that's compatible with a "hard" Brexit?

While Brexiteers breathed a sigh of relief when Theresa May confirmed she would seek to partner up with the DUP, Express.co.uk has unearthed a shocking letter which shows the party's real motives and view on Brexit.

The letter written in August, penned by then First Minister of Northern Ireland Arlene Foster and her then deputy Martin McGuinness, makes numerous demands to maintain ties with the European Union (EU). They included freedom of movement rights and trade links.

In the letter Ms Foster said: It is critical to our economy that our businesses, both indigenous and FDI companies, retain their competitiveness and do not incur additional costs.

We therefore need to retain as far as possible the ease with which we currently trade with EU member states, and, also importantly retain access to labour.

Policies need to be sufficiently flexible to allow access to unskilled as well as highly skilled labour.

Prime Minister Theresa May scrambled for an alliance with the DUP after a shocking night at the polls, with Conservatives losing a total of 12 key seats.

Mrs May said she had a strong relationship with the DUP.

But Arlene Fosters plans to keep freedom of movement within the Brussels club will undermine Mrs Mays for a hard Brexit to deliver the will of the people.

Ukip MEP Bill Etheridge, who today threw his hat into the ring to become his party's next leader, attacked the alliance saying any deal which included freedom of movement would not be Brexit.

He said:"Sadly Theresa May has put us in this situation with her decision to call that unnecessary election.

"The British people voted for independence from Brussels and that means freedom to control our borders and the ability to trade with the rest of the world."

The DUP bosses said Ireland relied on EU funds that have been hugely important to our economy and the peace process.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/815141/Election-2017-DUP-Theresa-May-Arlene-Foster-Brexit-coalition