Election Result Predictions............

At least the people of Mansfield realised they had had enough of their labour M.P taking the piss out of them.https://rotherhampolitics.wordpress.com/2017/06/09/awkward-election-moment-as-returning-officer-announces-the-wrong-candidate-has-won/ Read the comments about the woman who made the blunder another not fit for purpose councillor and CSE denier from Rotherham labour who are all rotten to the core.

Edited by tatsblisters
  • Like 3

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diane (brains of Britain) Abbot reckon it will be a draw 60% labour 60% Conservatives :)

I've never been a great cynic, but sweet Christ, a staunch remainer (May) has a workable majority, has the backing to push ahead with brexit, calls a snap election, which she said she wouldn't and pro

Posted Images

It's probably well established that I don't support either of the main parties. In fact my brand of politics will probably never produce a Prime Minister, but while the name calling, yah-boo and pointless post mortems continue unabated, is it just me that's angry ?

Mrs May decided (eventually) to take a massive, unnecessary gamble and try to secure a majority and a mandate, both of which she already had. She then led a campaign that was a complete balls up, and, with spectacular incompetence, almost let the scruffy communist in through the back door.

She has wasted a whole year since the EU referendum - she hasn't taken a single step or made a single firm commitment, while the EU negotiators have lined up their cards, prepared their stance and are sitting waiting for us to be bothered to turn up ! She may be a lame duck, but she has spun it out long enough for the initial momentum to have been lost, and I think that we will not get the Brexit we voted for. The pro-EUers and the soft Brexiteers have had their hand strengthened by her monumental idiocy.

She put her party before her country, sought personal power at the cost of the future of the nation.....and I will not forgive her for that !

Me niether I want her gone asap and replaced with someone who believes in brexit I think it would be best all round ...like you say whist all our lot have been running round with jelly heads the EU have been getting there shit together. ..I see two possible out comes for brexit now either no deal or a crap deal .?its not over but at this point you can't say its looking great...Mays arrogance may have cost us dear......I'm more deflated and

Disillusioned than angry

Regardless of who's leader they'll still be tied to the DUP who are in favour of a "soft" Brexit and they'd never leave with no deal because of the border situation.

Jobs fecked.

From what I can gather it won't be a coalition but more of a favours for favours type thing and the border situation was always going to be there and need sorting regardless ...I don't think its going to be a cosey alliance tbh ..... New name for the party .....the maydup party :laugh:

It'll be a confidence and supply deal with concessions over Brexit being the main bargaining chip. Of course the border situation was always going to be an issue but it's just become a much bigger issue because the way it's dealt with could bring down the government.

The tug of war between the DUP and the Tory backbenches over Brexit is going to be interesting to say the least.

It's probably well established that I don't support either of the main parties. In fact my brand of politics will probably never produce a Prime Minister, but while the name calling, yah-boo and pointless post mortems continue unabated, is it just me that's angry ?

Mrs May decided (eventually) to take a massive, unnecessary gamble and try to secure a majority and a mandate, both of which she already had. She then led a campaign that was a complete balls up, and, with spectacular incompetence, almost let the scruffy communist in through the back door.

She has wasted a whole year since the EU referendum - she hasn't taken a single step or made a single firm commitment, while the EU negotiators have lined up their cards, prepared their stance and are sitting waiting for us to be bothered to turn up ! She may be a lame duck, but she has spun it out long enough for the initial momentum to have been lost, and I think that we will not get the Brexit we voted for. The pro-EUers and the soft Brexiteers have had their hand strengthened by her monumental idiocy.

She put her party before her country, sought personal power at the cost of the future of the nation.....and I will not forgive her for that !

Me niether I want her gone asap and replaced with someone who believes in brexit I think it would be best all round ...like you say whist all our lot have been running round with jelly heads the EU have been getting there shit together. ..I see two possible out comes for brexit now either no deal or a crap deal .?its not over but at this point you can't say its looking great...Mays arrogance may have cost us dear......I'm more deflated and

Disillusioned than angry

Regardless of who's leader they'll still be tied to the DUP who are in favour of a "soft" Brexit and they'd never leave with no deal because of the border situation.

Jobs fecked.

She's hasn't got to offer DUP much though - some infrastructure spending etc -their main priority is to be anti-Corbyn, who they see as a nationalist sympathiser.

My big concern for NI is that she has opened up another equally fraught can of worms, when efforts are made to get the Stormont assembly back to work ! How can the British government claim any impartiality, when they are in any kind of political agreement with one of the parties involved ?

It's the worst possible result, at the worst possible time !

The whole thing is a f***ing mess......and we'll be back at the ballot box before the years out.

• Like 2

It's messed up for sure I'm still trying to get my head around alot of it tbh... What more can we do we just gotta see how it pans out... Next few days are critical.. 9 sleeps till Brexit negotiations start

It's messed up for sure I'm still trying to get my head around alot of it tbh... What more can we do we just gotta see how it pans out... Next few days are critical.. 9 sleeps till Brexit negotiations start

I think she wont last long and is going to be ousted within a few months, it wouldn't be a good idea to take her out straight away so they might leave her in place for a few months or to the end of the year but I do not believe she will survive her full term.

And good riddance, what were they thinking, dementia tax and hitting private pensions really p*ssed off a lot of her core support, then we have her ideas of clamping down on internet freedom and her terrible record as Home Secretary especially in the wake of the terror attacks.

• Like 1

May will either go in the next week or so or they'll let her stay until Brexit negotiations are done so they can pin the blame on her and have a quick leadership contest to replace her just before the next election in the hopes of carrying the new leader bounce into the GE.

I got a membership last year in case of this sort of thing. With the smaller membership of the party compared with the overall electorate, your vote has a much bigger influence on who'll be the next PM in a leadership contest.

Disillusioned than angry

Jobs fecked.

She's hasn't got to offer DUP much though - some infrastructure spending etc -their main priority is to be anti-Corbyn, who they see as a nationalist sympathiser.

My big concern for NI is that she has opened up another equally fraught can of worms, when efforts are made to get the Stormont assembly back to work ! How can the British government claim any impartiality, when they are in any kind of political agreement with one of the parties involved ?

The whole thing is a f***ing mess......and we'll be back at the ballot box before the years out.

its sin fein who keep bringing stormnont down, if they don't get their own way then its toys out of the pram time and try for another election, dup is for the uk not against it. the border shouldn't be a problem if your not trafficking people , gun running or drug smuggling so whats the big fuss about?????

Disillusioned than angry

Jobs fecked.

its sin fein who keep bringing stormnont down, if they don't get their own way then its toys out of the pram time and try for another election, dup is for the uk not against it. the border shouldn't be a problem if your not trafficking people , gun running or drug smuggling so whats the big fuss about?????

If that's the case, this deal, however informal, gives Sinn Fein an opportunity to do exactly that.

The problem with the border is that it will be the frontier with the EU - can we really allow it to be crossed without even a cursory check ? Bet yourself on a plane to Dublin and stroll across the border, into UK, completely unchecked ? Really ?