Election Result Predictions............

Boris has too much baggage, and isn't as universally popular as you might think.

May shouldn't be allowed to resign - she should stay (although it all only be temporarily !) and try to clear up the mess SHE created.

Having said that, it is a pathetic, unedifying spectacle to see a PM clinging to the wreckage, clutching at power at any cost.

A general election during Brexit negotiations is unthinkable, but the Tories are too ruthless to allow a lame duck to lead another campaign, and risk losing power, so the process is looking something like......let her finish negotiations, claim victory, crown a new leader and go to the country during the honeymoon - seems obvious to me !

It's sad to say, but the chance of a 'hard Brexit' is now gone, I think that's the simple fact, and no amount of Farage intervention will bring it back. She ensured that the process has been spun out long enough for the momentum to be lost, while her exercise in vanity resulted in a monumental f*** up that has allowed her opponents into the ascendancy. The spoon-fed generation have found their voice and realised that the future belongs to them, and its theirs for the taking.....

I've never voted Tory, and Theresa May has made sure that I never will !

Sorry if that sounds defeatist, but you can't ignore it.

Do you really think she can hang on for 2 years mate?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diane (brains of Britain) Abbot reckon it will be a draw 60% labour 60% Conservatives :)

I've never been a great cynic, but sweet Christ, a staunch remainer (May) has a workable majority, has the backing to push ahead with brexit, calls a snap election, which she said she wouldn't and pro

Posted Images

Boris has too much baggage, and isn't as universally popular as you might think.

May shouldn't be allowed to resign - she should stay (although it all only be temporarily !) and try to clear up the mess SHE created.

Having said that, it is a pathetic, unedifying spectacle to see a PM clinging to the wreckage, clutching at power at any cost.

A general election during Brexit negotiations is unthinkable, but the Tories are too ruthless to allow a lame duck to lead another campaign, and risk losing power, so the process is looking something like......let her finish negotiations, claim victory, crown a new leader and go to the country during the honeymoon - seems obvious to me !

It's sad to say, but the chance of a 'hard Brexit' is now gone, I think that's the simple fact, and no amount of Farage intervention will bring it back. She ensured that the process has been spun out long enough for the momentum to be lost, while her exercise in vanity resulted in a monumental f*** up that has allowed her opponents into the ascendancy. The spoon-fed generation have found their voice and realised that the future belongs to them, and its theirs for the taking.....

I can't see what other choice they've got. A general election during negotiations, when the details start to be revealed - ammunition to Labour, surely ? Any hope of a deal they could claim as beneficial would be over the horizon.

If she's got to go, then she's got to go before the week's out.

I can't see what other choice they've got. A general election during negotiations, when the details start to be revealed - ammunition to Labour, surely ? Any hope of a deal they could claim as beneficial would be over the horizon.

You're quite right what you say, I would imagine if there is no internal challenge, then from the public point of view this situation will soon blow over & be overshadowed by Brexit talk news anyway....

• Like 1

On the radio this morning she's said that the end of free movement is a must

And it is, otherwise we will come under pressure to accept other conditions and we will remain a member in all but name !

BUT......that would mean enforcing a border, and Arlene and he pals will never put their hands up for that !

You're quite right what you say, I would imagine if there is no internal challenge, then from the public point of view this situation will soon blow over & be overshadowed by Brexit talk news anyway....

I think that what they're hoping for - wait for the dust to settle, and everything will look like business as usual.

Have I got this right Blackbriar..... You've never voted Tory, never will vote Tory but are pissed off that there isn't a strong Tory government?

Not quite.

I'm angry that she has derailed Brexit (maybe deliberately), in an effort to secure a mandate and majority that she already had. The election was totally unnecessary, unless your the type who puts their party loyalty and personal glory before the good of their country.

What she's given us is the worst possible result at the worst possible time, and we don't have a strong government, of any kind !

Just for the record, my constituency returned a Tory, even though I didn't vote for him. When I say "I'll never vote for them", I should add the caveat that "if they f*** up Brexit (which I think they will), they will lose any chance of my vote.

Clearer ?

• Like 1

I will stand by my prediction she wont last the week. The hawks are circling. When boris publicly supports you. Then watch you're back! Oh and if they elect him as leader well the tories will be f****d for a long time.

Have I got this right Blackbriar..... You've never voted Tory, never will vote Tory but are pissed off that there isn't a strong Tory government?

Not quite.

I'm angry that she has derailed Brexit (maybe deliberately), in an effort to secure a mandate and majority that she already had. The election was totally unnecessary, unless your the type who puts their party loyalty and personal glory before the good of their country.

What she's given us is the worst possible result at the worst possible time, and we don't have a strong government, of any kind !

Just for the record, my constituency returned a Tory, even though I didn't vote for him. When I say "I'll never vote for them", I should add the caveat that "if they f*** up Brexit (which I think they will), they will lose any chance of my vote.

Clearer ?

I just don't get it. You wanted a Tory government, but refused to support one at the ballot. I could agree with you if you lived in a completely safe seat because then you have the choice to use your vote a bit tactically.

When May called this election I don't recall many at all voicing their doubt over it. For most Leave-ers it was lauded as a shrewd move to ensure that action in Parliament was swift and decisive. I don't think vanity came into it. The whole Brexit process was already being dragged out by the courts, the Lords and had potential to be troublesome in the Commons at a later date. An overwhelming Tory majority would have sent a clear message that the people want what the government are offering to all those that would try to impede it.

Not quite.

Clearer ?

I just don't get it. You wanted a Tory government, but refused to support one at the ballot. I could agree with you if you lived in a completely safe seat because then you have the choice to use your vote a bit tactically.

When May called this election I don't recall many at all voicing their doubt over it. For most Leave-ers it was lauded as a shrewd move to ensure that action in Parliament was swift and decisive. I don't think vanity came into it. The whole Brexit process was already being dragged out by the courts, the Lords and had potential to be troublesome in the Commons at a later date. An overwhelming Tory majority would have sent a clear message that the people want what the government are offering to all those that would try to impede it.

I live in a safe Tory seat (although his majority dropped), so my vote made no difference to the overall scheme of things. I didn't vote for them, but I didn't vote DUP either !

Mrs May was a Remainer, and I've always been suspicious of her epiphany to a hardened Brexiteer.

She's spun the exit process out for a year and has now frittered away a further seven weeks, to the detriment of the country's future and to the detriment of her party, which will probably concern her more. She's allowed the soft Brexiteers to attain the ascendancy, and, given the new political landscape, it can only be diluted further.

Not quite.

Clearer ?

I live in a safe Tory seat (although his majority dropped), so my vote made no difference to the overall scheme of things. I didn't vote for them, but I didn't vote DUP either !

Mrs May was a Remainer, and I've always been suspicious of her epiphany to a hardened Brexiteer.

She's spun the exit process out for a year and has now frittered away a further seven weeks, to the detriment of the country's future and to the detriment of her party, which will probably concern her more. She's allowed the soft Brexiteers to attain the ascendancy, and, given the new political landscape, it can only be diluted further.

Fair enough regarding the vote then. I accept that a tactical vote in a safe seat can be more beneficial than just giving them your support.

So back in April you didn't think that a snap election was a sensible move like 99% of all other Leave-ers? I didn't think it was without it's risk but I thought the reasons for it were fairly obvious.

Not quite.

Clearer ?

Fair enough regarding the vote then. I accept that a tactical vote in a safe seat can be more beneficial than just giving them your support.

So back in April you didn't think that a snap election was a sensible move like 99% of all other Leave-ers? I didn't think it was without it's risk but I thought the reasons for it were fairly obvious.

She was passed the crown from Cameron, who had a mandate to hold the referendum and, therefore, to carry out the result. He declined to clear up his own mess (and handed the responsibility to a fellow Remainer), at a time when the party had a Commons majority - article 50 was triggered after a few glitches, but the process was moving.

In the last year, the Prime Minister has dragged her feet and allowed the Brexit momentum to be lost, then committed political suicide, and allowed it's opponents to strengthen their position.

She went 'on the record' seven times......SEVEN TIMES.......to say there would be no election - but, I suppose being true to a politician's form....

• Like 1