Lidle Find

I've had a read a few found in scotland and captured alive. None were black cats though. Escaped pets or zoo animals they reckon. One was spotted a few times over years and caught live years later. So it just shows they can be elusive. Very interesting topic.

Yes these do seem to be fact. So is it so unbelievable others remain at large?
I actually believe that if someone was willing to pay me for my time I could catch a live one but it would take all of your time releasing fox,s and badgers from your traps so it would have to be a full time job, also there is a big issue with smell, I rub horse shit in my hands and shoes when I go to my cameras, but it still takes a while for normal wildlife to accept it, the infa red illuminater is meant to be invisible to animals but I have seen to many animals react to them to believe that, I,ve had two cameras set at low level actually ripped off the post by badgers and deer do react to the light, it's best to set them a bit higher up facing down, and the longer you can leave them alone the better
I feel like I'm being a bit cheeky here mate but it's through genuine interest. Why do you think you could catch one and in all the years you've been doing this now you can't even get a photo that would prove 100% that some form of big cats are in the U.K.

Now I know that foxes, deer and badgers are very easy to follow on a day to day pattern. Most of them will follow the same path, roughly same times each day. Especially if there is a handy food source available.

Now I know that these types of cats don't need to kill the animal to eat it....so why can't you rope up maybe half a deer, out the way of anything that's going to eat it and point your camera directly at the bait and see what you get on camera.

I keep saying it but I'd happily be wrong to think we have some form of big cats living and 'breeding' in the uk. That would blow my mind.

not being cheeky at all mate it's a bold statement to make, I,ve always had a mild interest as there have always been lots of sightings and the beast of Bodmin and exmoor and so on in the southwest were I,ve always lived I,ve also spent many years carp fishing in places people don't normally carp fish like rivers and drains on the Somerset levels and canals all over the south and a lot of people have told me of big cats on the land around normally as a warning because I,m rough camping in the middle of no where then three years ago I found a deer on my normal walk that was killed and stripped to the bone leaving just a head and shoulder in tact though the face had bite marks in sadly I never carried a camera so took no pictures but new what had killed it as it was still soft and dripping with blood plus the long grass it was in kind of drew a picture of what had happened so I started buying odd cameras and getting them at chrimbo and bdays I was just sticking them everywhere and anywere in the hope of getting a picture, since January this year I have slowly been moving them all closer in on an area I thought they were using and I finally got a picture, but the knowledge through mostly mistakes with the odd little bit of success that I,ve gained leads me to believe that I know we're they are at certain times of the year so I think a baited trap would eventually lead to a capture but as I get no end of fox and badgers on the cameras I would obviously need to free them twice a day, I am planning on putting a deer carcass up in front of one but they are a long climb up a steep gorge and I'm not really meant to be there even without a deer on my back so that's were I am at the moment also the foliage is growing so fast the cameras keep getting covered and the more I touch them the more smell I leave which is another reason summer is the worse time for it I will probably go for a deer bait on one in September when all the solar powered ramblers feck off home and the land I,m filming on is shut up for the winter again as a camera in a bush is a bit more discreet than a deer strung up in a tree, I,ve had a great winter learning and it's a bit of a gutter summer is here in a way but I'm sure I,ll manage to enjoy it
Well here's hoping you can get some concrete evidence mate.....enough so you might even want to share with us 'disbelievers'...?

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

Can tell you something else interesting pull into the woodchester manor car park after dark you'll have a worse shock than a big cat lmfao not the quiet place to take a woman as I found out same with the coaley peak viewpoint litterly across the road found out there the most notorious doggjng spots in Gloucestershire

The woman with the Kellas cats was called Di Francis. She wrote a few books

I think the Kellas cats were wild cat x domestic. She has written a few books answer some of hem are nonsense but her first book is worth a look. It is called Cat Country and you may or may not agree with lots of the ideas in it (personally I think a lot of it is fanciful) but there are a couple of pictures which I find it very very difficult to explain certainly look like large unidentified cats

• Like 1

Can tell you something else interesting pull into the woodchester manor car park after dark you'll have a worse shock than a big cat lmfao not the quiet place to take a woman as I found out same with the coaley peak viewpoint litterly across the road found out there the most notorious doggjng spots in Gloucestershire

I,ve stumbled on a few of them in my time even had the invite to join in one night when I was out lamping with my boy and another time I flicked my lamp on in a carpark in the woods and caught an old fat fecker in a mack tugging one off over the bonnet of a car when a young couple were at it inside, it kicked right off but I was on the floor laughing to much to do anything as the fat bloke ran off with his cacs round his anckle s and the young bloke chased him down the hill trying to pull his on
  • Like 2

I think the Kellas cats were wild cat x domestic. She has written a few books answer some of hem are nonsense but her first book is worth a look. It is called Cat Country and you may or may not agree with lots of the ideas in it (personally I think a lot of it is fanciful) but there are a couple of pictures which I find it very very difficult to explain certainly look like large unidentified cats

I had that book from a book club 25 years ago, it does make you think. Especially as photoshopping had not been invented then.

Do you remember the photo of a cat on a hill side by a dead tree, and when the measured the height of the branch it was as tall as it was over 3ft. That is one photo that has stayed in my mind.

TC

Pretty sure one was caught at Cannich in the highlands....a spot I frequented 20 odd years ago quite a bit. Real wilderness, used to camp and 'source trout and salmon' up there but there were a boat load of deer....

I had that book from a book club 25 years ago, it does make you think. Especially as photoshopping had not been invented then.

Do you remember the photo of a cat on a hill side by a dead tree, and when the measured the height of the branch it was as tall as it was over 3ft. That is one photo that has stayed in my mind.

TC

Yes I remember it well. There was another picture of a tabby looking thing leaning on its back legs against an old cupboard and they recreated the picture with a domestic cat and it was not even half the size. That is the picture that I really can't explain it is not only a giant felid but it is no fecking species I have ever seen
  • Like 1

TC

Yes I remember it well. There was another picture of a tabby looking thing leaning on its back legs against an old cupboard and they recreated the picture with a domestic cat and it was not even half the size. That is the picture that I really can't explain it is not only a giant felid but it is no fecking species I have ever seen
sadly as I mentioned earlier on page 10000 cats can cross breed quite easily so there is a real chance that many of the cat sightings are hybrids of some sort but what is anybody,s guess ,though a lot of Lynx get spotted every year so at least they are quite easy to id, there was an awful programme on the TV the other night about private zoos in America and in one of them the guy had different animals living in cages together like a bear and a tiger, but he was also attempting to recreate a sabre tooth tiger by crossing a lion/tiger hybrid back to a tiger and so on, a lot of hybrids tend to be sterile but in cats it's only the male hybrids that are and even some of them can produce the goods, I just typed Kella,s cats into Google and that opens another can of worms

Nobody has called the chap a liar i think folk have been quite civil to him all things considered.......i remember folk ripping that lad Frankie to bits on some of the God topics because he couldnt come up with " evidence " yet this chap Greyman has evidence but wont show it......it leaves a slightly bitter taste in the mouth when somebody makes such an important statement to other countryside enthusiasts but then claims he only wanted to prove it to himself........why say it then ? why not just be content with your own findings......i agree with the chap who said either put up or shut up it sounds harsh and ill tempered but its the standard ending to many controversial claims im afraid.

What a load of crap, Gnash you are normally well balanced, but this is way out. Read the thread again he was asked if he had any photo's, he did not volunteer the fact. The reason he gives for not posting the pictures is a valid reason, any picture that is posted on the net can be copied, except if you have right click disabled on the image, this site does not allow you to do that. So in fact what he would actually be doing would be giving away his intellectual rights to the picture, as who would pay for a picture that is free on the net?

Not ever seeing a "big cat" myself I am sceptical, but that does not mean that I disbelieve Greyman. He has the integrity that only age can bring. Myself I am willing to stay sceptical and wait for the pictures to be published. Even then I suspect I will still be sceptical as how can you trust photo's? Now if I seen them with my own eyes or on my camera that would be a different story, the same as it is for greyman.

TC

If i claimed to have a photograph of God but when asked to show it i said " no sorry its for my eyes only "......i would probably be met with a tirade of abuse and scepticism to the point that no amount of reasoning in the world would convince people my secrecy on such an important subject was warranted meaning it would probably have been more sensible to have said nothing if indeed it was for my eyes only.

Greyman said in one of his first posts on this subject " the truth is there if you have the time to go and find it "......well most people dont have the time so it becomes very frustrating to have to just assume this truth when a persons claiming to have it yes i suppose if someones that interested they have to put the leg work in themselves but that applies to anything so it just kills an interesting conversation stone dead !

I think its fantastic what the chaps doing i admire folk who have that much determination to follow their gut and try to find answers but lets be straight if the Bellamys/Attenboroughs of this world had kept as secretive just think of what the human race would of missed out on......bit of an extreme analogy but you get my point.

• Like 1

Intersting read and a few points from me:

1. People are ripping into greyman for not posting photos...if he did would you believe him? Im into mi fishing and have said before if I caught a BIG fish I would be keepin pics and main details to myself. I would tell you I had a big one but not show u pic or tell you where.

2. I moved into the sticks 4 years ago and have never seen a deer near me yet I have seen tracks, flattened vegitation, faeces etc all evidence that I know they are here I have spent hours on hours out with the dogs and deer are common now but I cant show you a pic. Then my misus saw one 50yards from our front door at xmas and she didnt take a pic, I still believe she saw one.

3. How many on here are on shoots or permission or not, who kill something amd get rid of the evidence without telling anyone. All slag of the lads takin and posting dodgy photos but all very quick to call bul***it because the farmers a d game keepers killing these thimgs arent taking trophy shots.

4. Does anyone know what to look for with a big cat? If I saw the paw print shown I would think christ thats a big dog because I dont know any better. If I saw half a deer up a tree I would think some dick head with a forrester and a bullx had done it and wasted it.

I saw a video a few years back of a big black cat in a train yard or container yard type of place. No doubting what it was.

I 100% believe they are out there because we have them on our shores and they can survive in our climate. How many have found a ferret when out walking yet 100s must be lost every year. Following that anyone ever found a ferret corpse or skull?

Dont post f**k all greyman...it wont change any minds.

• Like 2
[quote name="beast" post="4449903" timestamp="1492717745

TC

the guy had different animals living in cages together like a bear and a tiger

Fairly common,i was in a zoo in chonburi last week and they had a bear (sloth bear i think)and a lioness all pally-pally best mates in the same cage together.

If it's accepted that in the past people released big cats into the wild and those cats died pretty soon in the 70'80 where are those cars corpses. How come they didn't get knocked over etc. The lack of body evidence is mentioned quite a lot but nobody wonders where the originals went

• Like 1

If it's accepted that in the past people released big cats into the wild and those cats died pretty soon in the 70'80 where are those cars corpses. How come they didn't get knocked over etc. The lack of body evidence is mentioned quite a lot but nobody wonders where the originals went

How many birds do you see on a daily basis yet imo you hardly see a dead bird lying around

Exactly

• Like 1

How many birds do you see on a daily basis yet imo you hardly see a dead bird lying around

Exactly

The reason you don't see dead birds laying around is because predators eat them ... now I should imagine a secretive creature such as a big cat is going to find the quietest most secluded area when it's that I'll it's going to die so not much chance of seeing a body ... added to the fact the hundreds of thousands of foxes and badgers and rats that will be queuing up to strip it bare it's no surprise we don't find corpses .........