What Adds More Drive Into A Lurcher Beddy Or Collie?

Just to add, if anyone thinks that a human aggressive dog equates to bottle when faced with another creature that is proving a test then they are, imho, talking bollocks I'm afraid.

The dog with the biggest heart I ever saw was a little 13lb animal that would throw itself into the fray to the point of death with critters 4 times its size......that dog never once curled a lip to a human being or even another dog......even when being patched.

Man aggressive dogs are curs in my limited experience when faced with another big set of teeth.

Has anyone said human aggression equates to being able to handle teeth?

After all, people don't use Rottweilers for lurcher breeding, do they?

I think because someone uses a malinois, it has little to do with human aggression......

Edited by Accip74

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ Fuji...   I think we have all been guilty of staying up too late and getting ourselves embroiled in senseless argument,...it is part and parcel of being passionate about the dogs. It is always

i like a bit of beddy and collie in my dawg

73 next month, happy as pigs in shit, got myself a decent little rabbiter , wife keeps asking me , what do you want for your birthday, nowt is my reply, ive got it all

Posted Images

I was brought up to the tune of never trust any dog whatever it's breeding or how well trained they are etc..They ALL have potential to be c**ts,I've trained racing greyhounds & been chomped on the thigh by one because a moggy crossed our path whilst out walking & because it was leashed & restrained in a surge of adrenaline & urge to kill decided to bite whatever was within its range,my leg feeling the wrath of its pearly whites,the dog had never shown any inkling of doing as she did & never did again..Point being Malinois,Bull,Collie or whatever cross,never become complacent with them & trust them with your life saying they are non aggressive,the b*****ds all have potential to be a liability ?

• Like 5

Of course experimenting is the way forward or you just stagnate. All established Lurchers now where at one time an experiment.

Most lurchers were from hunting breed dogs not breed agressive attack dogs so experimenting is not the way forward without knowledge and insight what you are getting into.

• Like 1

It's going around in circles a bit I'd use a malinois for its size,strength,intelligence,shape,jumping and athletic ability and trainability not its attack ability. A good beddy would be better than a bad collie and vice versa same goes for the malinois. If pound for pound gameness was the only thing needed to make good lurchers then we would all be using patterdale x greyhounds.

• Like 3

True gameness is best left for the box IMO, it's all down to interpretation but I'd like to see some of these game Lurchers. Even against the toughest of quarry the dog is still the dominant animal, it's gameness isn't really being tested at all when it's having things it's on way.

Dessertbred make your mind up first you say it's not the way forward then you say it is if you have knowledge and insight of what your getting into.

I didn,t say its the way forward you did. i said dont get into something without experience and knowledge which obviously you dont ive been around dogs far longer than you thats certain so dont teach me how to judge what has pit falls..

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Your right dessertbread you have been around dogs longer than me, and as the saying goes 'You can't teach old dogs new tricks' you stick to your Salukis.

Stick to the dogs club you know about as much as them :thumbs: see making more assumptions that I only know about salukis I keep them the rest of the family ,youd be suprised what they keep you really are pathetic.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

Just to add, if anyone thinks that a human aggressive dog equates to bottle when faced with another creature that is proving a test then they are, imho, talking bollocks I'm afraid.

The dog with the biggest heart I ever saw was a little 13lb animal that would throw itself into the fray to the point of death with critters 4 times its size......that dog never once curled a lip to a human being or even another dog......even when being patched.

Man aggressive dogs are curs in my limited experience when faced with another big set of teeth.

. Prey driven has we know totally different.atb bunnys.
  • Like 1